- 和…一起做同样的事， 和…作伴
- vt. & vi. 连接,联结 put together or connect; unite; connect two points or things with a line, rope, bridge, etc.
- vt. & vi. 加入,参加,同…一起做某事 become a member of, take part in, participate; come into the company of; associate with sb
- the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made
- a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets;
"let C be the union of the sets A and B"
- become part of; become a member of a group or organization;
"He joined the Communist Party as a young man"
- cause to become joined or linked;
"join these two parts so that they fit together"
- come into the company of;
"She joined him for a drink"
- make contact or come together;
"The two roads join here"
- be or become joined or united or linked;
"The two streets connect to become a highway"
"Our paths joined"
"The travelers linked up again at the airport"
- The island is joined to the mainland by a bridge.
- The two estates join at the foot of the hill.
- He was asked many times to join the party, but he always kept his distance.
- He joined us in the discussion yesterday.
- Mary has just joined her family in Australia.
- Mother joins me in sending you our best wishes.
The two estates join at this point.
Which two rivers join at Lyon?
The three roads join near the bridge.
The two roads join here.
Parallel lines are lines that never join.
Nouns join to form compounds.
Has he joined or not?
Anyone who wants to can join.
He joined the ends of the chain.
Use some paste to join the broken ends.
To join these two pieces of metal, it will be necessary to heat them.
Join those two ends of wire and you'll make a circuit.
How can we join this island and that one?
They joined their two hands and smiled.
A bridge joins the two banks of the river.
The two houses join each other.
The pupil joined the two points by a straight line.
The cars joined their trains.
The lane joins the main road.
The lean-to joined the hut at the eaves.
Where do the two streams join each other?
The Grand Canal joins the Hai River at Tianjin.
Wait for me where this road joins the main road.
This is where the road to Oxford joins the road to London.
They joined a moving line of marchers.
Mary has just joined her family in Australia.
Her office joins mine.
After a few days on shore the sailor joined his ship.
He is too young to join the army.
When did you join the air force?
His son joined the army last year.
He was eighteen years old when he joined the army.
The regular troops of Baden joined the insurgents.
John joined a football club a few days ago.
Mary joined a church yesterday.
Who persuaded you to join this society?
He joined the diplomatic service in 1943.
Soon afterwards he joined the work of the peasant association.
He joined a flying school in Moscow.
Come along and join the ball game.
After a little while she joined the dancing.
They too joined the nationwide strike.
They all joined the workers' parade.
With heavy hearts they joined the May Day demonstration in Chicago.
I'll join you soon.
May I join you?
You go ahead. I'll join you shortly.
“May I join you?”“Delighted,Mr. White.”
We are having supper now. Would you like to join us?
Encouraged by them, old men and women also joined them.
We're joining them in Wuhan.
We have planned to join each other in Beijing.
He'll join us for lunch.
The first thing we did was to join the people at their work.
What a pity that he couldn't join them on the trip.
We joined them and got ready to fight.
The helicopter was quickly joined by a second.
The two clauses are joined by a conjunction.
The cities are joined by close telecommunication links.
- join in1 (v.+adv.)
参加,加入 take part in; participate join in
She burst into song.Several passengers also joined in.她唱了起来,几位乘客也跟着唱了起来。
They danced and danced until a lot of us joined in.他们不停地跳着舞,直到我们中间的许多人都加入了进去。
Sarah never joins in; she always plays on her own.莎拉从不和别人在一起,总是自己玩。
At the end of the concert, a lonely listener began to cheer, and soon the whole crowd joined in.音乐会接近尾声时,一位听众喝起彩来,接着大伙也跟着欢呼起来。
When they lacked manpower, the miners joined in to help.他们缺乏人力时,矿工们也来帮忙一起干。
The sports day is an occasion which we can all join in.运动日是大家都能参加运动的一个机会。
- 参加,加入 take part in; participate join in
- join in2 (v.+prep.)
参加,加入 take part in; share with sb in join in sth
Why doesn't Tom join in the conversation?为什么汤姆不说话?
Everybody has to join in the training.人人都得参加培训。
The whole nation joined in the celebrations.全国人民都参加了庆祝活动。
Eight million people joined in the battle against drought.八百万人参加了抗旱战斗。
We hope everybody will join actively in this struggle.我们希望每个人都积极参加这一斗争。
May I join in the game?我可以参加这游戏吗?
A group of bystanders were invited to join in the game.一群看热闹的人应邀参加了游戏。
Do you know how many of them joined in the research project?你知道他们中间有多少人参加了这项研究项目吗?
Will you join in that historic effort?你们愿意参加这具有历史意义的行动吗?join sb in sth/v-ing
She joined us in the chorus.她参加我们合唱。
Would you join us in a walk?你不同我们一起散步吗?
Will you join us in the discussion?你和我们一起讨论好吗?
Our leaders joined the people in the festivities in the parks.我们的领导人参加了群众的游园庆祝活动。
Jim joined his father in helping to make the business a success.吉姆帮他父亲把买卖做得很兴隆。
My wife joined us in thanking you for the gift.我和妻子对你的礼物表示感谢。
They joined me in congratulating you.他们与我一道向您恭贺。
- 参加,加入 take part in; share with sb in join in sth
- join on1 (v.+adv.)
(使)与某物相连; (使)与某人联合 (cause to) be added to sth/sb, often by fixing join on
The people were hurrying to see the parade, and we joined on at the rear.人们赶紧跑去观看游行,我们也跟随在后边。join sth ⇔ on
They joined the wires on and made the necessary new connection.他们把电线连在一起,接通了所需的新线路。
The train will stop at the next station to join two more carriages on for the football fans.列车要在下一站停下来挂两节车厢,拉那些足球迷们。
- (使)与某物相连; (使)与某人联合 (cause to) be added to sth/sb, often by fixing join on
- join on2 (v.+prep.)
加在…之上 fix join on sth
The head joins on the rest of the toy with wire.这玩具的头和身子用铁丝连在一起。join sth on sth
Join the blue wool on the end of the gold pattern and work the same stitches into the back.在这金制图案边缘织上蓝毛线,在背面也用同样的方法来织。用于 be ～ed 结构
This wing was originally separated from the main building, but was joined on it at a later date.这侧厅原来是跟主楼分开的,后来被连接在一起了。
The house is joined on the one next door by a wall which the two properties share.这两所房子用一堵墙隔开,这堵隔墙为双方所共有。
Two extra carriages were joined on the train at York.火车在约克又挂上了两节车厢。
- 加在…之上 fix join on sth
- join to (v.+prep.)
加在…之上; (使)加入 fix; add sth to sth join sth to sth
The carpenter joined the shelf to the wall.木匠把架子装在墙上。
We joined point A to point B in a straight line.我们画一直线把A点和B点连接起来。
You should never join an electric wire to a water pipe.你千万不可把电线连接在水管上。
The new highway has joined our village to the city.这条新公路把我们村和城市连接起来了。用于 be ～ed 结构
The hip bone is joined to the thigh bone.髋骨连在股骨上。
South America is joined to North America by a canal.南美洲和北美洲由一条运河连在一起。
- 加在…之上; (使)加入 fix; add sth to sth join sth to sth
- join together (v.+adv.)
将…拼〔连〕在一起 fix things into one whole join together
How does this model boat join together?这只模型船是怎样拼装起来的?
The whole class all joined together to sing Happy Birthday to the teacher.全班学生一起对着老师唱起了《生日快乐》歌。join sth together
Can you join the broken pieces together?你能把这些碎片拼起来吗?用于 be ～ed 结构
The welding is so smooth that you can hardly see where the sections of pipe are joined together.这管子焊接得很光滑,你很难看出什么地方是焊接的。
Two or more sentences may be joined together by a conjunction.两个或两个以上的句子可以用连词连接。
- 将…拼〔连〕在一起 fix things into one whole join together
- join up (v.+adv.)
参军,入伍 offer oneself for military service join up
Many of them have joined up.他们很多人参军了。
Her son often says he will join up when he grows up.她的儿子经常说他长大了要去参军。
The Anti-Japanese War broke out, and he joined up at once.抗日战争爆发了,他立即参军了。
He has joined up in the Parachute Regiment.他参加了伞兵团。
(使)合拢; (使)联合 (cause to) come nearer to each other; (cause to) meet and form a group or single thing join up
I'm glad to see that the edges of the wound are joining up nicely.我高兴地看到伤口的边缘正在很好地愈合。
The three clubs joined up to improve the town's playground facilities.三家俱乐部联合起来,共同改善镇上运动场的设施。join up into sth
The railway tracks join up into a single line on the other side of the town.镇子那边的几条铁道合为一条单线。join up with sb/sth
We plan to join up with the other party of climbers on the other side of the mountain.我们准备在山的另一侧,同那个登山队会合在一起。
They joined up with us for the remainder of the holidays.他们来跟我们一起共度余下的假期。
The commando force joined up with the airborne troops near the captured bridge.在被占领的桥梁附近,突击队和空降部队会合。join sth ⇔ up
The electrician joined the wires up.电工把电线接好了。
The first stage of the operation was to join up the bones.手术的第一步是把骨头接上。
We joined up small plots of land and made bigger fields.我们把小块儿的地连成了大块儿的田。
Engineers can join up distant countries by radio or telephone.工程师能用无线电或电话把相距遥远的国家联系起来。
Children have to learn to join up their letters.孩子们得学会拼写单词。用于 be ～ed 结构
Four main vessels had to be joined up.有四根大血管需要连接。
- 参军,入伍 offer oneself for military service join up
- join with (v.+prep.)
用…把…连接〔结合〕起来 be connected sth with sth join sth with sth
He joined two blocks of wood with glue.他用胶水把两块木头黏合起来。
They joined the two islands with a bridge.他们用一座桥把这两个岛连接起来。
与…一同做某事 act together with; do the same thing as join with sb
He never joins with us; he always plays on his own.他从不和我们在一起,他总是自己单独玩。join with sb in sth/v-ing
He joined with us in the expenses of the trip.他和我们一起分担旅行费用。
The Liberals joined with the Conservatives in an attempt to bring about the defeat of Government.自由党人与保守党人联合起来企图使政府倒台。
She joined with me in the undertaking.她与我共同承担此事。
We all joined with Mr. and Mrs. Brown in their sorrow.我们大家都很同情布朗先生和布朗夫人的不幸。
Will you join with me in buying a present for them?你要不要跟我合伙买一件礼物送给他们?
My wife joins with me in drinking the health of our distinguished guests.我跟妻子一道为贵宾的健康干杯。
与(某人的观点)一致 agree with sb on a point join with sb
On this point I join with you.在这一点上,我与你是一致的。
- 用…把…连接〔结合〕起来 be connected sth with sth join sth with sth
- join a church 加入教会
- join a club 加入一个俱乐部
- join a conversation 加入谈话
- join a demonstration 参加示威
- join a discussion 参加讨论
- join a faculty 成为教师中的一员
- join a game 参加游戏
- join a match 参加比赛
- join a moving line of marchers 加入行进者的行列
- join a night school 参加夜校学习
- join a queue 排队(等做某事)
- join a rally 参加(群众性)集会
- join an activity 参加活动
- join an argument 参加辩论
- join an celebration 参加庆祝活动
- join an organization 参加某组织
- join battle 交战
- join forces 与…合作,联合行动
- join hands (与)…联合
- join one's efforts 齐心合力
- join places 把两地连接起来
- join the army 参军
- join the broken pieces 把碎片拼起来
- join the colours 参军
- join the dancing 参加跳舞
- join the ends of a rope 把绳的两头结在一起
- join the feasting 参加宴会
- join the fight 参加战斗
- join the opposite banks of a river 把河的两岸连接起来
- join the Party 入党
- join the pieces of cloth 把布片连起来
- join the ranks 加入队伍
- join the revolution 参加革命
- join the river 与河流相汇
- join the road 与路相交
- join the society 加入社团
- join the strike 参加罢工
- join the struggle 参加斗争
- join the trains 挂到列车上
- join the two pieces of paper 把两张纸接在一起
- join two boards 把两块木板接起来
- join two cities 把两个城市连起来
- join two points 把两点连起来
- join actively 积极参加
- join blindly 盲目地参加
- join bravely 勇敢地参加
- join casually 非正式地参加
- join cautiously 谨慎地参加
- join cheerfully 愉快地参加
- join delightfully 愉快地参加
- join devoutly 虔诚地加入
- join enthusiastically 热心参加
- join grudgingly 勉强地参加
- join immediately 立即参加
- join lustily 快乐地参加
- join mechanically 自动加入
- join passively 消极参加
- join probably 可能参加
- join quickly 迅速参加
- join recklessly 轻率地参加
- join reluctantly 不情愿地参加
- join voluntarily 自愿地参加
- join in 参加,加入
- join in with sb to take risk 与某人一同冒风险
- join on (使)与某物相连,(使)与某人联合
- join together 将…连在一起
- join up (使)合拢,(使)汇合,(使)联合,参军
- join up letters 拼写单词
- join up with 汇合
- join along the river 同河流毗连
- join at the railway station 在火车站相交
- join by 用…连接起来
- join by telecommunication links 由电信网络相连接
- join sb for a drink 和某人一起喝一杯
- join sb for a lunch 和某人一起吃午饭
- join in 参加,加入
- join in singing 参加一起唱歌
- join in the argument 参加那场争论
- join in the celebration 参加庆祝活动
- join in the chorus 参加合唱团
- join in the conversation 参加谈话
- join in the discussion 加入讨论
- join in the game 参加游戏
- join in the plantation 参加植树造林活动
- join in the research project 参加研究项目
- join in the song 参加歌唱
- join in the sports 参加运动
- join in the strike 参加罢工
- join in the voluntary labour 参加义务劳动
- join into the party of climbers 加入登山队伍
- join to 加在某物之上,使固定在,使加入某方
- join a rubber tube to a funnel 把橡皮管接到漏斗上
- join an electric wire to a water pipe 把电线接在水管上
- join one thing to another 将一物与另一物连接起来
- join point A to point B 将A点与B点连接起来
- join an island to the mainland (by a bridge) (用桥梁)把岛和本土连接起来
- join the shelf to the wall 把壁橱装到墙上
- join with each other 彼此合作
- join with sb 对某人表示同情
- join with sb in 同某人一起参加…
- join with sb in doing sth 与某人一起干某事
The paving was worn smooth by feet, the joins between the stones almost obliterated.出自：P. Lively
Donald seemed to attach himself directly to Tim as if invisible threads joined their bodies.出自：I. Murdoch
A bridge joining the village to the mainland.出自：B. Emecheta
The threads of discourse, broken off in..childhood, can now be joined once more.出自：J. McDougall
- join作“参加”解时,可用作及物动词。这有两类情况:一类是只接宾语,接sb 是“参加…一起”的意思,接sth 则意为加入某组织成为其成员或加入某活动; 第二类是接宾语sb 后再接in引起的介词短语,意为“与…一起从事某活动”。另外, join用作及物动词时还可表示“使结合”“使联合”,这时多以宾语sb 为第一客体,而以with或to引出第二客体。join作“参加”解时,还可用作不及物动词,主要和介词in连用表示“参加的活动”。in后可接名词,也可接动名词,还可同时接with sb 表示“与…一起做某事”。
- join作“加入某组织成为其中一员”解时,是瞬间动词,所表示的动作不能延续,故不能与for引起的表示一段时间的短语连用。join 作“加入某活动”解,有时可以跟表示延续的时间状语连用。
- join, combine, connect, unite
这组词都有“连接”的意思。它们之间的区别在于:1.connect指两个不同的、分离着的事物在某一点上相互接触(可依靠媒介物),但各自仍保持原有的特性及独立性; combine指两个或多个东西“搅拌”“渗透”或“混合”,合而为一,但已失去原有的特性; unite意思是“联合”“结合”“合并”,指把两件以上同种类的东西紧密地结合在一起,重新组成一个整体,使其合而为一,也可用于无形事物的结合; join意为“联合”“联结”,指使两个分开的东西联结起来或把一个东西加入到另一个里面去,使它们合在一起,但个体形象仍然存在。例如:Africa is connected with Asia at the spot where the Suez Canal was dug.非洲在开凿苏伊士运河的地方与亚洲相连。She combined some sugar, flour and butter to make some cookies.她把白糖、面粉和黄油和在一起做小甜饼。Let us unite to fight poverty and disease.让我们同心协力与贫穷和疾病作斗争。They danced and danced until a lot of us joined in.他们不停地跳着舞,直到我们中间许多人都参加了进去。2.combine还可表示“联合”或“合并”; connect还可表示事物之间的因果、逻辑等关系。例如:Let us combine our two firms against our competitors.让我们两家公司联合起来,对付和我们竞争的那些公司。The radio will not work unless you connect these two wires together.除非你把这两根线接上,否则收音机就不会响。3.从结合的紧密程度来说, join要比connect密切。例如:Make sure the machine is connected properly.务必核实这台机器是否确已接通电源。The first stage of the operation was to join up the bones.手术的第一步是把骨头接上。
- join, attend, participate, take part in
这组词(组)都可作“参加”解。其区别是：join指参加某团体或组织成为其中一员或参加活动,是非正式用语。attend主要指“到场”或“出席”会议、宴会、典礼、仪式等。例如:He never attended a funeral.他从不参加丧礼。participate是不及物动词,后接in,指参与活动并积极从事工作,是正式用语。例如:I'll try to follow your advice about participating in students' activities.我尽量遵照你的劝告,参加学生的活动。take part in指参加一项工作,在其中分担一部分,也指参加活动并积极工作。例如:I'm not going to take part in arguments.我不打算参加辩论。
- join in, take part in
两者都可作“参加某项活动”解。其区别是：1.参加人(即主语)的身份不一样:take part in指以主办人或发起人的身份参加某项活动,而join in则是以成员身份参加。2.在活动中起的地位不一样:take part in强调“发挥作用”,做主角,而join in则含有“平等”的意味。3.这两个词在搭配范围上也有差别:“参加工作、会议”自然要在其中发挥作用,要以主人翁姿态,所以一般用take part in; 而“参加比赛、讨论”,作为“普通参加者”参加,就要用join in了。
- attend join participate take part in
- join combine unite connect link attach couple associate relate
- join join in join to
- When did they join the conservation organization?
- The prodigy joined the International Association of Poets when he was only fourteen years old.
- join in:join in意思是“参加某项运动或活动”，例如参加讨论、游行、罢工等。
- More than ten thousand workers have joined in this strike.
- All of us will join in the celebration of the victory of World War Ⅱ.
- There were many extracurricular activities，but Peter never joined in.
- join to:join to意思是“和...接触”、“与...相连”。
- Our house is joined to Mr．So's.
误 He's joined the army for two years.
正 He joined the army two years ago.
正 It is two years since he joined the army.
正 He's been in the army for two years.
误 We joined in the country club.
正 We joined the country club.
析 说“加入党派、团体、学会等组织”用join,不用join in; 说“加入游戏、讨论等活动”用join in,不用join。
误 They are going to build a bridge to join the island with the mainland.
正 They are going to build a bridge to join the island to the mainland.
误 The clients wrote to us one after another to join the Guangzhou Fair.
正 The clients wrote to us one after another to attend the Guangzhou Fair.
误 When he heard his classmates singing, he went over and took part in.
正 When he heard his classmates singing, he went over and joined in.
析 短语take part in中的in是介词, in后须接宾语,故不可置于句末。而join in中的in可以是介词,也可以是副词,作副词时可以置于句末。
误 Will you join her in the game together?
正 Will you join her in the game?
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的joinrde；最初源自拉丁语的iungere，意为连接在一起。
- join:join vi. 参加, 结合, 加入vt. 连接, 结合, 参加, 加入n. 连接, 结合, 接合点[计] 用子目录名取代驱动器符习惯用语join hand in hand 同心协力join in…