- 那,那个 a word that is used to talk about a person or thing that is there or then
- 那,那个 which, who or whom
- What is the difference between this and that?
- I walked to the gate that opened towards the lake.
- The output of steel this year has increased by 20% compared with that in 1992.
- I am well aware that this is a tough job.
- He claimed that the newspaper report was a libel.
- That she is still alive is really a relief to us all.
- That book isn't mine. I guess it belongs to Mike.
- That girl frequents my dreams--I think she is just the one for me.
- He once lived in a small village. That village is surrounded by high mountains.
- Is your problem that complicated?
- You needn't take what he said that seriously.
- Life isn't that bad if you just believe in its beauties.
- Don't tangle that group of rough boys.
- At that time he was very busy.
- The owner made a dive for the rejected clothing and began to snatch it this way and that.
- Who is that?
- The price of tin is higher than that of copper.
- After that, he left.
- That's what he told me.
- I am interested in all that you have told me.
- Everything that a computer does is dependent on the man who uses it.
- The first thing that I want to do now is to have a drink.
- It was the largest map that I ever saw.
- May I meet the lady that dances so gracefully?
- We were deeply impressed by the teachers and the schools that we had visited there.
- It was on Tuesday that she came.
- I bought the car, that I had once so much wanted.
- Did you get the books that I sent you?
- There is the man that I was telling you about .
- Is this the pen (that) you were looking for?
- He is not the bookworm (that) he used to be.
- He operated the machine in the way (that) I taught him.
- I shall remember the day (that) we met the first time.
- The reason (that) he was hired was that he worked harder than the others.
- That's the place (that) I stayed when I was a child.
- What was that which he gave you?
- It's the best that you should work hard.
- I strongly believe that he is innocent.
- They heard the news on the radio yesterday that a typhoon was coming.
- They set off half an hour earlier that they might get there in time.
- She said (that) she would soon return to England.
- I'm glad (that) he's got the job.
- It's obvious (that) they're happy together.
- He operated the machine in a way (that) I aught him.
- It was such a lovely day (that) we decided to go for a picnic.
- Oh that I could fly!
- That I should see a child of mine arrested for selling drugs!
- at that
而且,因此as well; whereupon
- for all that
尽管如此in spite of this
- in that
- that is (to say)
- that's that
就这样吧,就这么定了that is the end of the matter; that settles the matter
- that is 就是说
- that's that 就这样
- at that 而且
- with that 于是
- like that 那一类的(那样的...
- that is to say 也就是
- in that 因为，由于，既然...
- all that 到那种程度
- Not that I know of. 据我所知并非如此。...
- except that 除了 ... 之外...
- but that 不过（接在否定句之后...
- not that 并不是说
- that far 那么远,到那里为止...
- put that and that together 根据现有事实得出结论...
- and all that and that:等等
- for all that 虽然如此
- All's well that ends well. 结果好，就一切都好。...
- Handsome is that handsome does. 行为漂亮才漂亮。...
- He that will thrive must rise at five. 五点起床，百事兴旺。...
- It's dogged that does it. 世上无难事只怕有心人...
None of these thises and thats..are the 'loved one.'sss sssBrowning出自： R. Harries
A sweet voice that.出自： Tennyson
Nice to have a young fellow like that around.出自： W. S. Maugham
Beautysisn't that enough?出自： V. Woolf
He laughed. 'That's my girl. That's better.'出自： M. Duke
Why would you want to..do a thing like that?出自： M. Amis
- that还常用以代替who, whom, which,但that...which中的that用做关系代词的先行词。
- that用作关系代词时在下列情况下可以省略:①引导限制性定语从句在从句中用作宾语时; ②用在there be结构前作主语时; ③用作表语时; ④在定语从句与先行词之间有插入语时; ⑤在先行词way, reason, distance, place, office等作方式状语、原因状语或地点状语时。
- that, which
- 1.当先行词是all, everything, nothing, anything, little等不定代词,或被first, last, only, few, much, some, any, no等词修饰时,应该用关系代词that,不用which。
- 4.在强调句型“It is〔was〕...that〔who〕...”中,只能用that,不能用which。
- 5.同位语从句除了用whether, what, why等引导外,通常还用that引导,但不用which。
- that, who
- 1.all, nobody, no one, somebody, someone, anybody等词之后用who和that均可,但用that较常见。
- 2.在序数词、形容词最高级以及the only, the same等词之后用who和that均可,但用that较常见。
- 5.在正式文体中,用作关系代词的who可以用于人称代词he, she之后。
- ☆ 直接源自原始日耳曼语的that；最初源自原始印欧语的tod或tad，意为那。