- n. 发展；开发；生长；进展；[摄]显影；新开发区
- [C][U]发展,发达,发育,出现,开发 developing or being developed
- [C]新阶段,新事态; 新产品,新发明 new stage or event; new product or invention
- [C]新开发地 piece of land with new buildings on it
act of improving by expanding or enlarging or refining;
"he congratulated them on their development of a plan to meet the emergency"
"they funded research and development"
a process in which something passes by degrees to a different stage (especially a more advanced or mature stage);
"the development of his ideas took many years"
"the evolution of Greek civilization"
"the slow development of her skill as a writer"
(biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level;
"he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children"
a recent event that has some relevance for the present situation;
"recent developments in Iraq"
"what a revolting development!"
the act of making some area of land or water more profitable or productive or useful;
"the development of Alaskan resources"
"the exploitation of copper deposits"
a district that has been developed to serve some purpose;
"such land is practical for small park developments"
a state in which things are improving; the result of developing (as in the early part of a game of chess);
"after he saw the latest development he changed his mind and became a supporter"
"in chess your should take care of your development before moving your queen"
processing a photosensitive material in order to make an image visible;
"the development and printing of his pictures took only two hours"
(music) the section of a composition or movement (especially in sonata form) where the major musical themes are developed and elaborated
- The economic sanctions could not prevent the development of that country.
- The main impediment to development is the country's large population.
- The firm pumped money into the development of the new product.
- The department has produced a feasibility report on the development project.
- Inadequate food can stunt a child's development.
- These vegetables are good for the healthy development of chilidren.
- We have got the latest developments in foreign trade.
- The development of the project was seriously impeded by a reduction in funds.
- Can you have this roll of film develop and printed?
- They are living in a commercial development.
- A secret device is now in development for ground troops.
- It is interesting to trace his development as a craftsman.
- The tribe's development was more primitive than that of their neighbours.
- The process of cultural development is additive.
- China's industry is under continuous development.
- Railways are essential to the economic development of a country.
- Newton's laws were fruitful for the future development of science.
- Because he has stopped reading his technical journals, he was ignorant of the new developments in his field.
- This country is now at an intermediate stage of development.
- This is the late development of science.
- It is vital that we should be kept informed of all developments.
- The company is awake to these new developments.
- We must await further developments.
- How is the economic development zone going on?
- affect development 影响发展
- await development 等待事态的进一步发展
- check development 妨碍发展
- encourage development 鼓励发展
- prevent development 阻碍发展
- promote development 促进发展
- trace development 探索发展
- undergo development 经历了发展
- all-round development 全面的发展
- fresh development 新发展
- healthy development 健康的发展
- historical development 历史的发展
- intellectual development 智力发展
- latest development 最新的进展情况
- marked development 显著的发展变化
- recent development 最近的发展情况
Essential to the entire development of my case.出自： Gladstone
Stages of development or evolution, each the outcome of previous history.出自： E. B. Tylor
The scarcity of labor in America..has led to a development of machinery there.出自： G. B. Shaw
An arrest of embryonic development at some stage antecedent to the human.出自： Joyce
Organic life, we are told, has developed gradually from the protozoon to the philosopher, and this development, we are assured, is indubitably an advance.出自： B. Russell
Their hope was for the recovery of old industries, not the development of new ones.出自： A. J. P. Taylor
- development的基本意思是“发展,发达,开发”,指某人或某事〔物〕的抽象的进展; 还可指其具体的进展情况,即“新阶段,新发明”。development有时还可指“新开发地”或一个可能影响一个地区局势的事件或新闻。
- ☆ 直接源自法语的developpor，意为展开。
- growth 【U】增长
- advancement 前进
- expansion 膨胀
- event 大事
- happening 偶然发生的事...
- occurrence 发生
- change 变化
- progress 进步
- advance 前进
- training 训练
- evolution 进化
- increase 增加
- improvement 改进
- maturation 化脓
- incident 事变
- stage 舞台
- elaboration 详细阐述
- broadening 加宽
- enlargement 扩大
- enhancement 增强
- education 教育
- extension 延长
- furtherance 促进
- enrichment 丰富
- issue 议题
- result 结果
- build-up 增强
- amplification 扩大
- circumstance 环境
- flowering 开花的
- promotion 提升
- blossoming 开花
- upshot 结果
- culture 栽培
- suburb 郊区
- formation 形成
- preparation 准备
- out 出
- filling 充填物
- growing 增强的
- developing 发展中的
- exploitation 开发
- ontogeny 个体发生
- ontogenesis 个体发生