- [U]改进,改善,改良 action or process of improving; state of being improved
- [C]增加或修改; 整修 addition or alteration that improves sth or adds to its value
a change for the better; progress in development
the act of improving something;
"their improvements increased the value of the property"
a condition superior to an earlier condition;
"the new school represents a great improvement"
- I see little prospect of an improvement in his condition.
- There is need for improvement in your handwriting.
- Housing improvement was the speaker's text.
- The situation is capable of improvement.
- People's living standard has had a perceptible improvement.
- Your work shows considerable improvement.
- Today's weather is an improvement on yesterday's.
- This poem is an improvement over that.
- I have noticed a number of improvements in this town since I was here last.
- Electric lights are an improvement over candles.
- They were carrying out home improvements.
- bring about improvement 带来改善,实现改良
- carry out improvement 实行改良
- make improvement in technique 改进技术
- make improvement on 对…进行改进
- need for improvement 需要改进
- produce improvement 改善,改进
- promote improvement 促进改良〔改善〕
- push improvement 推动改良
- restrict improvement 限制改良〔改进〕
- suggest improvement 提出改进建议
- witness improvement 目睹改良,经历改良
- decided〔decisive, marked〕 improvement 果断〔决定性,显著〕的改进
- further improvement 进一步的改善,进一步的发展
- gradual improvement 逐渐的改进
- industrial improvement 工业改革
- minor improvement 小小的改善,微小的改进
- moral improvement 道德上的进步
- much improvement 很大的改善
- steady improvement 稳步改善,稳步前进
- sudden improvement 突然改进〔改善〕
Exercise is the chief source of improvement in all our faculties.出自： H. Blair
The goal is not so much a..cure..as it is to bring about improvement.出自： D. W. Goodwin