- [U]生长,发育 the act or rate of growing and developing
- [S][U]增加; 发展,扩大 increase in numbers or amount
- [C]生长物 sth which has grown
- (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level;
"he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children"
- a progression from simpler to more complex forms;
"the growth of culture"
- a process of becoming larger or longer or more numerous or more important;
"the increase in unemployment"
"the growth of population"
- vegetation that has grown;
"a growth of trees"
"the only growth was some salt grass"
- the gradual beginning or coming forth;
"figurines presage the emergence of sculpture in Greece"
- (pathology) an abnormal proliferation of tissue (as in a tumor)
- something grown or growing;
"a growth of hair"
- We are entering a period of rapid population growth.
- Lack of demand will slow (down) our economic growth.
- Cold weather retards the growth of the crops.
- Magnesium is the nutrient element in plant growth.
- The treatment arrested the growth of the disease.
- It's the company's policy to sacrifice short-term profits for the sake of long-term growth.
- Have an apple of our own growth.
- The abandoned garden was left to a wanton growth of weeds.
- A cancerous growth is usually a sign of having cancer.
Cold weather retards the growth of the crops.
Rapid industrial growth makes new demands on science and technology.
There has been a sudden growth in membership of the club.
However,1987 showed a modest growth of total output.
Nails are thin horny growths at the ends of the fingers.
- accelerate growth 促进发育
- arrest growth 阻止发展
- attain full growth 成熟
- control the family growth 控制生育
- encourage the growth 鼓励发展
- prevent weed growth 防止杂草丛生
- considerable growth 相当大的增长
- evil growth 弊病
- gradual growth 渐进
- intellectual growth 智力的发展
- physical growth 身体发育
- psychological growth 心理成长
- sudden growth 激增
- unbalanced growth 不平衡的增长
Barley, oats, and rye may be measured in their daily growth.出自：J. Yeats
- growth:growth n. 生长, 种植, 栽培, 发育, 等比级数习惯用语mushroom growth 雨后春笋般的增长, 迅速发展…