- vi. 发生,产生 come about; happen as a natural consequence
- [C][U]结果,效果,后果 sth that happens because of an action or event
- [C][U]成效 (a) noticeable good effect
- [P]成败的消息,成绩 the success or failure of a person, team, organization, etc. in an examination, sports match, etc.
- a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon;
"the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"
"his decision had depressing consequences for business"
"he acted very wise after the event"
- a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem;
"they were trying to find a peaceful solution"
"the answers were in the back of the book"
"he computed the result to four decimal places"
- something that results;
"he listened for the results on the radio"
- the semantic role of the noun phrase whose referent exists only by virtue of the activity denoted by the verb in the clause
- issue or terminate (in a specified way, state, etc.); end;
"result in tragedy"
- have as a result or residue;
"The water left a mark on the silk dress"
"Her blood left a stain on the napkin"
- come about or follow as a consequence;
"nothing will result from this meeting"
- These problems are the result of years of bad management.
- The presumable result is an election defeat.
- She looked with pride at the result of her work.
- If you cube 10, the result is 1000.
- He is indifferent to the result of the exam.
- We desperately need a result from this match.
- If this football team doesn't get a result tonight, they will be put down into a lower division.
- If law and order break down, anarchy will result.
- The accident resulted in the death of two passengers.
Lumber prices go up and higher prices for new houses are bound to result.
Then the people would object and civil war would result.
He was disappointed with the result.
He was less optimistic about the result than others.
I've been trying to open the door, without result so far.
The chemical test gave a negative result.
A childhood familiarity with firearms had such an unexpected and tragic result.
The results support my original idea.
The results at first seemed strange.
It will be next to impossible to achieve the hope for results.
Subsequent research has produced even better results.
In given conditions, a bad thing can lead to good results.
His lame is the result of an accident.
She was joyful of her good result of the scientific experiments.
Success depends on the results of this experiment.
This method is most productive of results.
Parents can get good results with either moderate strictness or moderate permissiveness.
The school promised rapid results in the learning of languages.
The football results are broadcast on the radio.
When will you get your exam results?
- result from (v.+prep.)
产生于…; 由…引起 be caused by (sth) result from sth/v-ing
Nothing had resulted from our efforts.我们的努力没有产生什么结果。
It's said that his lameness resulted from an accident.据说,他腿瘸是一次事故造成的。
Let us hope that peace will result from our talks.让我们希望,我们的会谈会带来和平。
Sickness often results from eating too much.呕吐常因饮食过量所致。
His failure resulted from not working hard enough.他的失败是工作不够努力造成的。
- 产生于…; 由…引起 be caused by (sth) result from sth/v-ing
- result in (v.+prep.)
引起,导致…; 以…为结局 cause; have (sth) as a result result in sth
The game resulted in another victory for our team.比赛结果,我们队又获胜了。result in sb v-ing
The quarrel resulted in his mother leaving the house.争吵导致了他母亲离家出走。
- 引起,导致…; 以…为结局 cause; have (sth) as a result result in sth
- as a result
结果,因此 at last, so that
As a result, he had to leave. 结果,他只得离开。
There was a substantial growth of industry and foreign trade increased as a result. 由于工业的大发展,对外贸易也发展了。
- 结果,因此 at last, so that
- as a/the result of
由于…的结果 as the effort of
As a result of what we saw we decided to change the rules. 鉴于我们所看到的情况,我们决定更改规则。
He was injured as a result of boiler explosion. 他因锅炉爆炸而受伤。
He is paralyzed as the result of a would-be assassin's bullet years ago. 几年前有人对他行刺未遂,但子弹使他瘫痪了。
- 由于…的结果 as the effort of
- with the result that
因此 so that
I was late, with the result that I missed my train. 我迟到了,因此我没能赶上火车。
- 因此 so that
- result appreciably 可感觉到差异地产生
- result astonishingly 惊讶地产生
- result badly 结果不佳
- result deplorably 糟透地产生
- result fatally 致命地产生
- result inevitably 不可避免地产生
- result infallibly 不会犯错误地产生
- result proportionally 成比例地产生
- result from 产生于…,由…引起
- result in 引起,导致…,以…为结局
- result in death 致死
- result in failure 导致失败
- result in nonsense 结果毫无意义
- result in success 终于成功
- accomplish a result 获得成果
- achieve a result 取得成果
- admire a result 羡慕结果
- affect the result of 影响…的效果
- announce a result 宣布结果
- check the results 核对结果
- declare a result 宣布成果
- expect a result 期待结果
- gain results 取得成绩〔效果〕
- get a result 取得成果
- have a result 有结果〔成果〕
- improve the results 提高效益
- lead to the result of 导致…的结果
- measure results 评价结果
- meet with results 获得结果
- obtain a result 取得成果
- produce a result 见效,产生结果
- publish a result 发表成果
- represent the result of 体现…的成绩〔结果〕
- secure results 取得成绩〔效果〕
- see a result 看到结果
- show a result 展出结果〔成果〕
- undo a result 否定成果,取消成果
- want result 需要效果
- win a result 取得成果
- admirable result 令人羡慕的结果〔成果〕
- beneficial result 有益的成果
- desired result 预期的结果,所希望的结果
- direct result 直接的结果
- economic results 经济效益
- encouraging result 鼓舞人心的结果〔成果〕
- excellent results 良好的结果
- final result 最后的结果,最终结果
- good result 良好的结果〔成果〕
- important result 重要成果〔结果〕
- lasting result 持续的结果,持久的效果
- logical result 逻辑上必然的结果,合理的结果
- negative result 消极的结果
- net result 最后的结果
- overall results 总的成果,全部的结果
- poor results 收效甚微
- positive results 积极的结果
- prompt result 速效
- serious results 严重后果
- surprising result 令人吃惊的结果
- the latest result 最新结果〔成果〕
- unexpected results 意想不到的结果
- as a result 所以,由于,因此
- as a result of 作为…的结果
- in result 结果,结局
- with the result that 结果就,因而,从而
- without result 无效地,毫无结果地,徒然
Munder..concurs in the result.出自：New York Law Journal
All his sufferings had resulted from the..marriage.出自：E. Johnson
Anti-Semitism..had resulted in his not receiving academic recognition.出自：J. N. Isbister
result from意为“因……而起”，而result in表示“导致……的结果”。[Hard working results in success.|努力工作成就成功。}
Success results from hard working.
The result(s) of the examination will be published early in August.
- 句子类型The result is that she become a greater fool than before在口语中常省略句首的the；
- as a result of普遍被应用，而as the result则不常用；
with the result后常接that从句。
My room was small and looked out on a narrow courtyard, with the result that I always felt fenced in.
- result的基本意思是“发生,产生”,指某原因必然导致的状态、情形或事变。常用于可感知的事物。用作不及物动词,常与from, at连用。
- result from, result in
这两个短语的意思正相反:result from表示“由…引起或产生”,句子的主语指结果, from的宾语指起因; result in表示“产生或导致某种结果”,句子的主语指起因, in的宾语指结果。例如:The international tension results from the imperialists' policy of aggression and hegemonism.国际紧张局势是帝国主义的侵略政策和霸权主义造成的。The accident resulted in three deaths.这次事故造成三人死亡。
- result from, arise from, originate from
这三个短语意思相近。其区别是：result from强调“结果”, arise from侧重“发生”, originate from侧重说明“来源出处”。例如:The nation's troubles result from the government's stupidity.政府的愚蠢造成了国家的动荡不安。Development arises from the contradictions inside a thing.事物的发展起因于内部的矛盾。All theories originate from practice and in return serve practice.任何理论都来源于实践,反过来又为实践服务。
- in result, in the result
这两个短语的意思不同：in result表示“结果”; in the result则表示“最终〔最后〕结果”。例如:The dam broke and in result the land was flooded.大坝决口了,结果土地被淹。You took a great risk, though in the result it did not turn out nearly so hardly as it might have.你冒了一次很大风险,虽然最后结果并不像原来可能造成的那么糟糕。
- result, consequence, effect, outcome
这四个词都可表示“效果,结果”。其区别是：result是普通用语,指直接或间接、近因或远因所引起的结果; consequence指自然而然的或当然的结果; effect严格强调因果关系,指和cause直接相对应的结果; outcome强调事件的特有的结局,表示最终的结果。例如:The fire was the result of carelessness.这次大火是粗心大意的结果。The rise in lung cancer was a consequence of cigarette smoking.肺癌的增加是吸烟的结果。He began to experience the evil effect of drinking.他已经开始感受到喝酒的有害影响。The outcome of the war was doubtful.战争的胜败尚难预料。
- arise originate result
误 I was in the bath, with a result that I didn't hear the telephone.
正 I was in the bath, with the result that I didn't hear the telephone.
析 with the result that是固定短语,意思是“因此”,不可将定冠词the改成不定冠词a。
误 As the result, we lost our way.
正 As a result, we lost our way.
析 as a result为固定词组,意思是“结果,因此”,在句中作状语,不可将不定冠词a改成the。
错句：he must have felt tired and that tiredness may have resulted in him falling asleep.
纠正：he must have felt tired and that tiredness may have resulted in his falling asleep.
分析：result in后面跟的him falling asleep不符合语法。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进英入语，直接源自中世纪拉丁语的resultare，意为导致；最初源自古典拉丁语的resilire，意为复兴，弹回。
- result:result n. 结果, 成效, 计算结果vi. 起因, 由于, 以...为结果, 导致习惯用语as aresult 因此; 结果as a result of 作为...的结果; 由于...brin…