- vt. & vi. 跳,跃 rise suddenly (from a seat, etc.); move quickly (into sth)
- vi. 惊跳 move with a jerk or jerks from excitement, joy, etc.; start suddenly
- vi. 暴涨 rise suddenly in price
- [C]跳,跃 an act of jumping; sudden spring from the ground
- [C]猛长,激增 sudden rise in amount, value, etc.
- a sudden and decisive increase;
"a jump in attendance"
- an abrupt transition;
"a successful leap from college to the major leagues"
- (film) an abrupt transition from one scene to another
- a sudden involuntary movement;
"he awoke with a start"
- descent with a parachute;
"he had done a lot of parachuting in the army"
- the act of jumping; propelling yourself off the ground;
"he advanced in a series of jumps"
"the jumping was unexpected"
- move forward by leaps and bounds;
"The horse bounded across the meadow"
"The child leapt across the puddle"
"Can you jump over the fence?"
- move or jump suddenly, as if in surprise or alarm;
"She startled when I walked into the room"
- make a sudden physical attack on;
"The muggers jumped the woman in the fur coat"
- increase suddenly and significantly;
"Prices jumped overnight"
- be highly noticeable
- enter eagerly into;
"He jumped into the game"
- rise in rank or status;
"Her new novel jumped high on the bestseller list"
- jump down from an elevated point;
"the parachutist didn't want to jump"
"every year, hundreds of people jump off the Golden Gate bridge"
"the widow leapt into the funeral pyre"
- run off or leave the rails;
"the train derailed because a cow was standing on the tracks"
- jump from an airplane and descend with a parachute
- cause to jump or leap;
"the trainer jumped the tiger through the hoop"
- start (a car engine whose battery is dead) by connecting it to another car's battery
"He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
- pass abruptly from one state or topic to another;
"leap into fame"
"jump to a conclusion"
"jump from one thing to another"
- go back and forth; swing back and forth between two states or conditions
- If a horse refuses a jump,penalty points are added to the score.
- The athlete made a superb jump.
- The loud bang made me jump.
- The jump in food prices gave rise to a lot of complaint.
- He jumped to his feet and ran out of the office.
- The horse jumped the fence.
- Last week, the price of food jumped.
She jumped when she heard the news.
He waited until the last minute before jumping on the train.
My heart jumped as I heard the news.
Last week， the price of food jumped.
Gold prices on Western markets jumped.
The price of oil jumped sharply in 1973.
The number of students in universities has jumped.
The stream was so broad that nobody could jump it.
He jumped quite a few chapters in the book.
She jumped the fourth grade in primary school.
Birds were jumped by a stone and flew over the house.
The man jumped the rail to run after a red car.
I always jump introduction to read books.
The jump was a very difficult one.
One jump and you'll be over the fence.
He made 135 jumps in half a minute.
The dog cleared the stream with one jump.
There were five jumps in the race.
There has been a jump in the price of food.
In May there was a considerable jump in sales.5
Prices went up with a jump.
- jump at (v.+prep.)
急于接受 accept an offer, invitation, opportunity, etc. eagerly and without hesitation jump at sth
When someone suggested a bath in the cool stream, we all jumped at the idea.有人建议到清凉的溪水里去洗个澡,大家都欣然接受了这个主意。
To my surprise, he jumped at the offer, though it did not seem very attractive to me.使我惊奇的是,他很乐意接受这个提议,尽管在我看来并不十分可取。
Many person would have jumped at such an opportunity as this.许多人都会迫不及待地抓住这样的机会。
Everyone was surprised when Jim didn't jump at his father's offer of a partnership.对于吉姆不急于接受他父亲让他合伙干事的提议,大家都感到惊奇。
She jumped at the chance to meet the famous author.她欣然接受了去会见那位名作家的机会。
- 急于接受 accept an offer, invitation, opportunity, etc. eagerly and without hesitation jump at sth
- jump into (v.+prep.)
跳入 enter sth with a springing movement
The man jumped into a taxi. 那个人跳上一辆出租车。
He jumped into the water to bring back the child. 他跳入水中去救那个孩子。
急于做某事; 急速行动 be eager to do sth; act urgently
They jumped into the discussion right away . 他们马上踊跃投入了讨论。
- 跳入 enter sth with a springing movement
- jump off (v.+adv.)
跳下 leave a place with a springing movement
He jumped off before the train had not quite stopped moving. 火车还没有完全停稳,他就跳了下来。
开始行动; 发起进攻 start; advance
The bugle sounded and the assault jumped off. 军号一响,突袭便开始了。
The marchers jumped off at the crack of dawn. 行军队伍在破晓时出发了。
The project jumped off to a good start. 工程很顺利地开始了。
- 跳下 leave a place with a springing movement
- jump on (v.+prep.)
跳上… stand on top of sth quickly jump on sth
The boy jumped on a moving truck.那男孩跳上一辆正在行驶的卡车。
It was necessary to jump on the ice coated mounds of brush several times before they could flush.你得在这些被冰覆盖的树丛跳上好几下,才能把鸟群惊飞。
尖锐而激动地批评,斥责 criticize sth/sb sharply and excitedly jump on sb/sth
The teacher jumped on the inattentive pupil in class.老师责备那个在课堂上不注意听讲的学生。
I'm afraid the teacher will jump on me if I am late.如果我迟到了,恐怕老师会骂我。
Her driving instructor jumped on every little mistake, which made her very nervous.她的驾驶教练对她的每个细小的错误都严加指责,这使她非常紧张。用于 be ～ed 结构
Alfred was jumped on by his father for coming back late.阿尔弗莱德由于回家晚而被父亲狠狠地说了一顿。jump on sb for sth/v-ing
If the boss is in one of his bad moods, he'll jump on you for the slightest thing.碰上老板情绪不好的时候,他会为了一丁点小事对你大骂一通。
The teacher jumped on him for handing in untidy homework.由于作业潦草,老师严厉地批评了他。
袭击 make a sudden attack on jump on sb
The dog jumped on the stranger.狗突然向那个陌生人猛扑过去。
- 跳上… stand on top of sth quickly jump on sth
- jump out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
突然离开; 跳离 leave a place suddenly, with a springing movement jump out of sth
He jumped out of bed as soon as he was called.一听到有人叫他,他立即跳下床去。
- 突然离开; 跳离 leave a place suddenly, with a springing movement jump out of sth
- jump over (v.+prep.)
(使)跳过 (cause to) pass over sth by jumping jump over sth
Can you jump over the fence?你能跳过那个栅栏吗?
The wall is high； you can't jump over it.这堵墙太高,你跳不过去。
The stream is so wide that you couldn't jump over it.这条小溪太宽,你可能跃不过去。
I often jump over a line or two in rapid reading.我快速阅读时常常跳越过一两行字。jump oneself/sth over sth
The thief jumped himself over a fence and escaped.贼纵身跃过篱笆逃走了。
He jumped the horse over the fence.他纵马跃过栅栏。
- (使)跳过 (cause to) pass over sth by jumping jump over sth
- jump to (v.+prep.)
猛增到 increase rapidly up to jump to sth
The price of the color TV has jumped to five thousand yuan .彩电的价格已突升到5000元。
The membership of these associations jumped to two million.这些协会的会员人数猛增到两百万人。
- 猛增到 increase rapidly up to jump to sth
- jump to it
赶快; 快 be quick
Jump to it, men, we must get all the tents packed in an hour! 快点,弟兄们,我们得在一个钟头之内把帐篷收起来。
You'll have to jump to it if you want to catch the train. 如果你想赶上火车，就得快点。
- 赶快; 快 be quick
- jump together (v.+adv.)
与…一致〔相称〕 accord with jump together
Great wits will jump together.智者所见略同。
His tastes and his means do not jump together.他的爱好与他的收入不相称。
- 与…一致〔相称〕 accord with jump together
- jump up (v.+adv.)
- 〔说明〕 jump up通常不用于进行体。 jump up
突然站起 rise from one's seat suddenly
He jumped up out of his chair. 突然,他从椅子上一跃而起。
She jumped up from her chair and left the room. 她从椅子上跳起来,离开了房间。
大幅上涨 increase rapidly
All the stock prices jumped up in Tokyo last month. 上月东京各种股票价格都大幅度上涨。
- all of a jump
在心情紧张中; 心惊胆战地 in a state of being nervous
What's the matter with you—all of a jump! 你怎么啦?——这么心神不安!
- 在心情紧张中; 心惊胆战地 in a state of being nervous
- at a full jump
全速地,迅速地 at full speed
The irate animal made for us, coming at a full jump. 那头发怒的动物以最快的速度向我们冲来。
- 全速地,迅速地 at full speed
- at one jump
一下子,立即 at once
He came to the conclusion at one jump. 他一下子就得出了结论。
- 一下子,立即 at once
- be for the high jump
一定要受到处罚,一定要被责骂 sure to be punished or scolded
If you mess about with my computer again , you'll be for the high jump. 如果你再来乱动我的计算机,就有你好看的。
- 一定要受到处罚,一定要被责骂 sure to be punished or scolded
- from the jump
从一开始 from the beginning
I found the task difficult from the jump. 一开始,我就发现这任务很艰巨。
- 从一开始 from the beginning
- get〔have〕 the jump on
抢在…之前行动,对…占优先地位 get an advantage by standing quicker than
While all our plans were still in the blueprint stage, our competitors got the jump on us by announcing their new model. 我们的全部设计还在蓝图阶段,我们的对手已抢在我们之前预告了他们的新式样了。
- 抢在…之前行动,对…占优先地位 get an advantage by standing quicker than
- on (the) jump
突然地; 匆忙地 suddenly and quickly
We heard them coming and coming on jump, too. 我们听出,他们已经快到了——而且来势极猛。
坐立不安,神经紧张 be upset
That elderly gentleman was exceedingly on the jump, as nervous as a man well could be. 那位老先生坐立不安,紧张得不得了。
- 突然地; 匆忙地 suddenly and quickly
- jump hurdle 跨栏
- jump prison 越狱
- jump questions 漏掉问题
- jump ship 弃职离船
- jump the border 越过边界
- jump the bus 跳上公共汽车
- jump the fence (马)跃过了栅栏
- jump the gun (赛跑时)发令枪未响即起跑,偷跑,抢先
- jump the rails (火车)突然出轨,思想开小差
- jump the tracks (火车)突然出轨,思想开小差
- jump the traffic light (车辆驾驶员等)闯红灯
- jump town 逃离城市
- jump forward 向前跳
- jump drastically 猛烈地跃过
- jump easily 轻而易举地跃过
- jump hastily 仓促地跃过
- jump immediately 立即行动
- jump quickly 迅速地跃过
- jump safely 稳稳当当地跳过
- jump sharply 突然地跃过
- jump suddenly 突然地跃过
- jump down from the roof 从房顶上跳下来
- jump down from the stairs 从楼梯上跳下
- jump off 跳下,开始(进攻)
- jump together (想法)不谋而合
- jump up 跳起,跳上,物价大幅度上涨
- jump at 欣然接受,抢着接,马上抓住
- jump at the chance 急忙抓住这次机会
- jump at the idea 欣然接受建议
- jump at the job 抢着接受任务
- jump at the offer 欣然接受提议
- jump by 60% (物价)上涨百分之六十
- jump for 因…跃起
- jump for joy 高兴得跳起来,欢跃
- jump from 从…跳下来
- jump from a bus 从公共汽车上跳下来
- jump in 跳进…
- jump in the car 跳进汽车
- jump into bed 钻进被窝里
- jump into the air 跳起来
- jump into the lake 跳进湖里
- jump into the river 跳进河里
- jump off 跳离,跳下(车)
- jump off the bus 跳下公共汽车
- jump off the roof 从房顶上跳下
- jump off the train 跳下火车
- jump off the tree 从树上跳下
- jump off the wall 从墙上跳下
- jump on sb 责骂某人,向某人扑去
- jump on the boy 呵斥小孩
- jump on the enemy 向敌人猛扑
- jump on the train 跳上火车
- jump onto 跳上…
- jump onto the ground 跳到地上
- jump onto the horse 跳上马
- jump onto the table 跳到桌上
- jump out of 从…跳出〔下〕
- jump out of a window 跳出窗口
- jump out of bed 跳下床
- jump sb out of chair 使某人从椅子上跳起来
- jump out of one's skin 吃了一惊,吓了一跳
- jump over 跃过…
- jump over fence 跳过栅栏
- jump over five pages 跃过下面五页
- jump over the wall 跳过墙
- jump through the window 跳过窗户
- jump to it 赶快
- jump to one's feet 一跃而起,突然站起来
- jump to sb's defense 急忙去替某人辩解
- jump to the next scene 先排下一场(戏)
- jump to the table 跳上桌子
- jump with 因…跳起
- jump with joy 高兴地跳起来
- jump with mine 和我的意见一致
- jump with the spirit of the age 符合时代精神
- make a jump 跳
- make 278 jumps in a minute (跳绳)一分钟内跳278下
- get the jump on sb 先发制人
- give sb jumps 使某人心惊肉跳
- give sb a jump 把某人吓一跳
- make a jump from one subject to another 从一个话题到另一个话题
- take a jump (物价)暴涨
- jump area 跳伞区
- jump ball (篮球)跳球
- jump seat (在轿车前后座中间的)折叠式椅子,(马车中的)活动座子
- jump shot (篮球)跳投
- jump suit 伞兵跳伞服,(汽车机械士等穿的)连衣裤衣服,(妇女等穿的一种)紧身连衣裤,便服
- at a jump 一跃
- at a full jump 全速地
- from the jump 从开始
- be all of a jump 在紧张状态中,心惊胆战
- on〔upon〕 the jump 在忙碌中,跑来跑去
The dancer holds a particular pose,..and progresses in a series of hops or small jumps.出自：G. B. L. Wilson
The sea was beginning to jump.出自：H. Caine
The car jumped forward, the man obviously having some trouble with the clutch.出自：C. Phillips
- jump用作及物动词时,意为“使…跳跃,使…惊起”,着重从地面、其他表面或地点跳起,可指往高处跳,也可指往低处跳,还可指跳过什么; 强调的是猛然跳起或跳跃的动作,其后接名词、代词或反身代词作宾语,可用于被动结构。
- jump, bound, hop, leap, skip, spring
这组词都可以表示“跳”。其区别是：jump表示从地面或其他平面上跳起或跳下,也可指从一点跳过另一点,即垂直方向,是最普通用词。bound多用以表示“跳着往前运动”,即水平方向,强调跳动的连续性。例如:A herd of antelope bound gracefully across the plain.一群羚羊优雅地跳过了平地。leap则强调腾空跳起或跳至某地点,即从一点越过相当距离跳到另一点,暗示动作优美、轻捷,含有“连跑带跳”的意思。例如:She leaped lightly to the opposite bank of the stream.她轻盈地跳到小溪的对岸去了。spring指突然而迅速地从某处跳起,强调跳得轻、快或突然,给人一种弹性感。例如:He sprang to his feet.他突然一跃而起。skip指轻快地跳,两脚相互交叉地跳。例如:The children skipped down the street to the sweet shop.孩子们蹦蹦跳跳地上街买糖去了。hop用于人时,指单足跳; 用于动物时,指所有的足一齐跳。例如:The wounded soldier hopped across the street.受伤的士兵跳过了大街。
误 He jumped off from the train before it had quite stopped moving.
正 He jumped off the train before it had quite stopped moving.
析 说“跳离…”是jump off, off在这里是介词,其后接宾语,不需再接from。
误 We jumped with joy at the news.
正 We jumped for joy at the news.
析 “高兴得跳起来”是jump for joy, for在这里表示原因,不可换为with。
- jump:意思jump KK: 【】 DJ: 【】 vi. 1. 跳;跳跃 The horse jumped over the ditch. 马跳过了那条沟。 2. (因喜悦、紧张等)跃起;猛跳【(+at/fo…