- 锋利的,尖锐的 having a fine edge or point; capable of cutting or piecing; not blunt
- 急转的,陡峭的; 突然的,急剧的 changing direction suddenly; abruptly
- 轮廓鲜明的,明显的,清晰的 well-defined; distinct; clear
- 刺骨的,凛冽的; 剧烈的 producing a physical sensation of cutting or piecing; keen
- 灵敏的,机警的 quickly aware of things; acute; alert
- 蓄意中伤的,尖刻的,严厉的 intended or intending to criticize, injure, etc.harsh; severe
- 过分精明的,狡猾的,不择手段的 quick to take advantage of sb/sth; unscrupulous
- 时髦的,漂亮的 smart or stylish
- [P] 偏高的,升半音的 above normal or correct pitch; raised half a tone in pitch
- 准时地 punctually
- 突然地,急剧地 suddenly; abruptly
- 偏高 above the correct pitch
- a musical notation indicating one half step higher than the note named
- a long thin sewing needle with a sharp point
- (of something seen or heard) clearly defined;
"a sharp photographic image"
"the sharp crack of a twig"
"the crisp snap of dry leaves underfoot"
- ending in a sharp point
- having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions;
"an acute observer of politics and politicians"
"icy knifelike reasoning"
"as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"
"frequent penetrative observations"
- marked by practical hardheaded intelligence;
"a smart businessman"
"an astute tenant always reads the small print in a lease"
"he was too shrewd to go along with them on a road that could lead only to their overthrow"
"a sharp-worded exchange"
"a tart remark"
- having or emitting a high-pitched and sharp tone or tones ;
"a shrill whistle"
"a shrill gaiety"
- extremely steep;
"an abrupt canyon"
"the precipitous rapids of the upper river"
"the precipitous hills of Chinese paintings"
"a sharp drop"
- keenly and painfully felt; as if caused by a sharp edge or point;
"a sharp pain"
- having or made by a thin edge or sharp point; suitable for cutting or piercing;
"a sharp knife"
"a pencil with a sharp point"
- (of a musical note) raised in pitch by one chromatic semitone;
- very sudden and in great amount or degree;
"a sharp drop in the stock market"
- quick and forceful;
"a sharp blow"
- changing suddenly in direction and degree;
"the road twists sharply after the light"
"turn sharp left here"
"the visor was acutely peaked"
"her shoes had acutely pointed toes"
- Cats have sharp claws.
- There is a sharp drop in the prices.
- It was very sharp of you to have noticed that.
- Bring the object into focus if you want a sharp photograph.
- The cheese is a little too sharp for me.
- We arrived at three(o'clock) sharp.
- The car turned sharp left.
- He is singing sharp.
He scraped at the wound with a sharp blade of stone.
We'll need a sharp knife to cut the beefsteak.
The road is full of sharp turns.
The General Motors Corporation had reported a sharp drop in profits on Tuesday.
There had been a sharp rise in the patient's temperature during the night.
There were sharp differences of opinion between the two.
Black hair is a sharp contrast to fair skin.
The branch broke with a sharp crack.
This salad dressing has a sharp taste.
Sharp stomachs make short graces.
The mountain climbers struggled against the sharp wind.
He felt a sudden sharp pain in his heart.
She experienced a sharp pang of disappointment.
Birds have sharp eyes and dogs have sharp noses.
It takes sharp eyes to see the flaw.
The company keeps a sharp watch on the market.
I have a very sharp recollection of my last talk with him two years ago.
She got a sharp reproach from her boss.
In the face of sharp criticisms the young scientist still stuck to his colours.
The boxer gave his opponent a sharp blow on the head.
His sharp business dealings earned him a bad reputation.
He's a very sharp man.
He was always the sharpest kid in the block when he was dressed up.
This knife is very sharp.
The point of a needle is sharp.
I can't cut with a knife that isn't sharp.
He is ninety years old, but his mind is sharp.
That photograph isn't very sharp.
We must be sharp if we are to catch the train.
It was late autumn and the night wind was sharp.
Their hunger pangs were sharper than my pangs of conscience.
Sometimes the customer may be sharper than the dealer.
That note sounded sharp.
He was sharp about money.
The girl is sharp at music.
She is too sharp for me.
He is sharp upon his son.
She was sharp with her son who was late for dinner.
Please be on hand at 12 sharp.
I went to bed at 11：30 sharp last night.
Tell him I'll be there at eleven sharp.
Be at my home at six o'clock sharp, not a second before or after.6
Turn sharp right at the next corner.
The road turns sharp to the left.
The car stopped too sharp.
Food prices rose the sharpest.
The violin sounds a little sharp—can you come down a little?
She ruined her performance by singing sharp.
- as sharp as a needle
非常聪敏的 very intelligent and quick-witted
Young though he was, the child was as sharp as a needle and sensed the disharmony between his parents. 虽然这孩子还小,但很聪明,他觉察到他父母之间不和谐。
- 非常聪敏的 very intelligent and quick-witted
- have a sharp tongue
非常生气地说,讽刺,挖苦 talk angrily or sarcastically
I usually get on well with my uncle, although he can have a sharp tongue occasionally. 虽然有时叔叔待我态度很生硬,但我与他相处得还是很好的。
I dislike the man, he has such a sharp tongue. 我不喜欢这个人,他爱说刻薄挖苦的话。
- 非常生气地说,讽刺,挖苦 talk angrily or sarcastically
- sharp practice
This sale sounds like sharp practice to me and I want nothing to do with it. 这笔买卖在我听来像是不实在,我不想沾边。
Just because we underbid our rivals and got a major order, they have accused us of sharp practices. 只是因为我们投标时出价低于对手得到了一个大数量的订货单,他们便指责我们有欺诈行为。
- 欺诈手段 dishonesty
- sharp's the word
赶快 be quick〔hurry〕
Sharp's the word!We've only got ten minutes to get to the station to catch the train. 快!我们必须在10分钟内到达车站赶上火车。
- 赶快 be quick〔hurry〕
- look sharp
赶快 be quick
Look sharp!Here comes the boss! 快点!老板来了!
Get those boxes moved, and look sharp about it! 把那些箱子搬走,快!
You'll have to look sharp if you want to be on time. 如果你想准时,你就得赶快。
- 赶快 be quick
- sharp agony 极大的痛苦
- sharp attention 密切注意
- sharp bend 急转弯
- sharp blade 锋利的刃
- sharp cry of distress 凄厉的尖叫声
- sharp dagger 锐利的匕首
- sharp ears 灵敏的听觉
- sharp engineer 精明的工程师
- sharp fellow 寡廉鲜耻的人
- sharp flash of light 强烈的闪光
- sharp flavour 辛辣味
- sharp grief 极度悲痛
- sharp insight 敏锐的洞察力
- sharp intelligence 聪明
- sharp lawyer 精明的律师
- sharp nose 尖鼻子
- sharp outline 鲜明的轮廓
- sharp peak 尖尖的山峰
- sharp pencil 削尖的铅笔
- sharp pin 尖利的大头针
- sharp razor 锋利的刮胡刀
- sharp retort 刻薄的反驳
- sharp scolding 严厉的责骂
- sharp sense of smell 灵敏的嗅觉
- sharp sight 敏锐的目光
- sharp smell 刺鼻的气味
- sharp soap 苛性皂
- sharp sword 利剑
- sharp temper 易怒的脾气
- sharp tongue 快嘴利舌
- sharp trader 精明的商人
- sharp weather 严寒的天气
- sharp whistle 刺耳的哨声
A straight flat wide blade, that is pointed and very sharp at either edge.出自：C. Boutell
Sharp thorns on those roses.出自：R. West
- sharp的基本意思是“锋利的,尖锐的”,也可作“急转的,陡峭的”“突然的,急剧的”“尖锐的,刺耳的”“强烈的,辛辣的,刺鼻的”“刺骨的,凛冽的,剧烈的”“蓄意中伤的,尖刻的,严厉的”解; 指人时,强调精明,不易受骗,指动作时强调机警、敏捷等,可作“灵敏的,机警的”“迅速的,敏捷的,活跃的”“过分精明的,狡猾的,不择手段的”“时髦的,漂亮的”解。
- sharp, acute, keen
这组词都有“锋利的”“敏锐的”意思。其区别在于:sharp指人时,强调精明,不易受骗,指动作时强调机警、敏捷等; keen指刀尖或刀刃等“锋利的”“锐利的”,用于比喻,指风“刺骨的”,味道“刺鼻的”,批评等“尖刻的,尖锐的”; acute指人的五官,感觉,智力等是尖锐的,也可指疾病是急性的。例如:She has a sharp nose.她嗅觉灵敏。There was a keen wind blowing from the east.有阵刺骨的寒风从东边刮来。Dogs have an acute sense of smell.狗有敏锐的嗅觉。Pneumonia is an acute disease.肺炎是一种急性疾病。
- sharp, sharply
这两个词用法有所不同:sharply是普通常用副词; 而sharp一般只用在look sharp, turn sharp left〔right〕这几个习语中。例如:You go over the bridge and the road turns sharp left.你走过桥,路就突然地向左拐。They had never heard their father speak sharply before.他们以前从来没有听到过父亲厉声地说话。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的screap，意为切割，锐利。
- adj.(形容词) abrupt fine not blunt rapid sudden clear distinct extreme harsh shrill quick
- adv.(副词) abruptly exactly promptly suddenly unexpectedly
- sharply adv. 突然地,急剧地
- SHARP:System for Human Activity Recognition and Prediction (Intel computer R&D)对人类活动的识别系统和预测(英特尔计算机开发)
- SHARP:Summer High School Apprentice Research Program (NASA)夏天高中的研究计划(NASA)的学徒
- SHARP:Safety And Health Achievement Recognition Program安全与健康的成就认同方案
- sharp:概述 SHARP (夏普)日本品牌http://www.sharp.com.cn/ 中国分公司http://www.sharp.co.jp/ 日本公司 生产非生活必须用品,丰富生活色彩.感受高新科技…