- indicating exactness or preciseness;
"he was doing precisely (or exactly) what she had told him to do"
"it was just as he said--the jewel was gone"
"it has just enough salt"
- just as it should be;
"`Precisely, my lord,' he said"
- in a precise manner;
"she always expressed herself precisely"
- The train arrived at exactly 8 o'clock.
- Can you date the fossil exactly?
- I hold exactly the same idea as you.
- You have to do exactly as he said.
He paid for his lodging exactly and regularly.出自：H. Martineau
- on the dot准时地
- on the nose正是
- on the button准确地
- exactly:exactly adv. 正确地, 严密地…