- 刺耳的,刺眼的; 粗糙的 unpleasant or painful to the senses
- 严厉的,严酷的 showing cruelty and a lack of sympathy
"wild and harsh country full of hot sand and cactus"
"the nomad life is rough and hazardous"
disagreeable to the senses;
"the harsh cry of a blue jay"
"the harsh white light makes you screw up your eyes"
"harsh irritating smoke filled the hallway"
of textures that are rough to the touch or substances consisting of relatively large particles;
"a coarse weave"
unkind or cruel or uncivil;
"had harsh words"
"a harsh and unlovable old tyrant"
"a rough answer"
"a harsh penalty"
sharply disagreeable; rigorous;
"the harsh facts of court delays"
"an abrasive character"
- Yorke himself has a harsh face.
- The punishment was too harsh for him.
- He had deliberately made his voice harsh.
- The lamp gave out a harsh light.
- The desk has a harsh surface.
- He received a harsh punishment from his history teacher yesterday.
- The critics had nothing but harsh words for the new play.
- His voice sounds very harsh.
- The sunlight is very harsh.
- The teacher is harsh to his students.
- You are too harsh to me.
- The cloth is harsh to the touch.
- harsh discipline〔punishments〕 严厉的纪律〔处罚〕
A few harsh-coated breeds need no trimming.出自： W. Boorer
- harsh, coarse, rough, rude
- Many a rough man has been civilized by his wife.许多粗野的男人都被妻子教好了。
- Don't be so rough with the child.不要对小孩这样粗暴。
- His manners are very rough.他的举止非常无礼。
- It's rude to peep.偷看别人是不礼貌的。
- He was severely reproached for his rude behaviour.他因行为粗鲁而受到严厉指责。
- All of us were astonished that Mr. White was so rude to him.怀特先生对他如此无礼,使我们都感到惊异。
- He is coarse in manner.他举止粗鲁。
- It's a coarse joke.这是个粗俗的玩笑。
- She used to be coarse of speech.她过去说话很粗鲁。
- The colour is very harsh.那颜色很刺眼。
- The cloth is harsh to the touch.这块布料摸上去很粗糙。
- The noise is harsh to the ear.那噪声很刺耳。
- The surface of the table is very harsh.那张桌子的表面非常粗糙。
- ☆ 16世纪30年代进入英语，直接源自中古低地日耳曼语的harske，意为粗的，生的。