- 刺耳的,刺眼的; 粗糙的 unpleasant or painful to the senses
- 严厉的,严酷的 showing cruelty and a lack of sympathy
"wild and harsh country full of hot sand and cactus"
"the nomad life is rough and hazardous"
disagreeable to the senses;
"the harsh cry of a blue jay"
"the harsh white light makes you screw up your eyes"
"harsh irritating smoke filled the hallway"
of textures that are rough to the touch or substances consisting of relatively large particles;
"a coarse weave"
unkind or cruel or uncivil;
"had harsh words"
"a harsh and unlovable old tyrant"
"a rough answer"
"a harsh penalty"
sharply disagreeable; rigorous;
"the harsh facts of court delays"
"an abrasive character"
- Yorke himself has a harsh face.
- The punishment was too harsh for him.
- He had deliberately made his voice harsh.
- harsh discipline〔punishments〕 严厉的纪律〔处罚〕
A few harsh-coated breeds need no trimming.出自： W. Boorer