- [A]美好的,优秀的,优良的,杰出的 beautiful and of high quality; better than most of its kind
- 纤细的 very thin
- [A]细微的 delicate and difficult to understand or notice
- 晴朗的,无雨的 bright and sunny; not wet
- [P]健康的; 舒适的 healthy and comfortable
- 过分夸饰的,炫耀的 too grand and perhaps not true
- [A]可怕的,糟透的 terrible
- 很好,不错 very well
- 细微地,精巧地 so as to be very thin or in very small bits
- vt. & vi. 转晴; (使)变纯,(使)澄清 (weather) become bright; make or become pure and clear
- vt. 使精细,使精炼 improve by making or becoming thinner, less wasteful, or more exact
- vt. 处…以罚金 punish by a fine
- [U]好天气 good weather
- [C]罚款,罚金 an amount of money paid as a punishment
- money extracted as a penalty
- being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition;
"an all-right movie"
"the passengers were shaken up but are all right"
"is everything all right?"
"things are okay"
"dinner and the movies had been fine"
"another minute I'd have been fine"
- minutely precise especially in differences in meaning;
"a fine distinction"
- thin in thickness or diameter;
"a fine film of oil"
"read the fine print"
- characterized by elegance or refinement or accomplishment;
"looking fine in her Easter suit"
"a fine gentleman"
"fine china and crystal"
"a fine violinist"
"the fine hand of a master"
- of textures that are smooth to the touch or substances consisting of relatively small particles;
"wood with a fine grain"
"fine powdery snow"
"batiste is a cotton fabric with a fine weave"
"covered with a fine film of dust"
- free from impurities; having a high or specified degree of purity;
"gold 21 carats fine"
- an expression of agreement normally occurring at the beginning of a sentence
- in a delicate manner;
"finely shaped features"
"her fine drawn body"
- issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty;
"I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street"
"Move your car or else you will be ticketed!"
- She is a fine singer, as her mother used to.
- She has a remarkably fine voice.
- Yesterday's forecast reported it'd be fine.
- Don't worry. She'll be fine.
- Sand is finer than gravel.
- That suits me fine.
- If we only allow five minutes for catching our train, we'll be cutting it too fine.
- The judge imposed a fine of ten pounds on him.
- The driver paid a fifty-dollar fine for speeding.
- He was fined 200 dollars.
- The key to fining the structure of ingot casting lies in the formation of a number of fine equiaxed crystal grains.
There was no doubt that he was a fine scholar.
What a fine view!
The fine view of my hometown is practically unchanged from former times.
She likes to use pencils with fine points,I don't.
People should not often eat bread made of fine flour.
Her evening dress was made of a very fine material.
It is going to be a fine day.
The fine weather is favourable for outdoor sports.
We had a fine time at the party last night.
Your shoes will be in a fine state if you walk in the mud.
It is but a piece of fine writing.
A fine friend you have been!
That's fine excuse to make.
Sand is finer than gravel.
You are looking very fine today.
I hope it will turn fine in the afternoon.
Today it will be mostly fine and sunny, with intermittent showers.
How are you?—I am fine, thank you.
He is not feeling fine today.
The print is too fine for me to read.
Cut up the vegetables very fine.
Is your son doing fine in school?
Yes, we are getting along fine.
The shirt suits me fine.
The weather gradually fined.
The ale will fine.
They fined him heavily.
Before the beer can be bottled it has to be fined.
If we smuggle this brandy we run the risk of being caught and fined.
They fined him ten dollars.
He was fined ￡200.
In rain or fine, you must reach here on time.
With no spittoons installed, fines seem unfair.
A few were content to pay the fines.
The court required that he should pay the fine.
We should exact fines from people who drop litter on the streets.
There is a fine for driving too fast.
He had to go to prison for a month, not to say the fine.
The judge offered the criminal the alternative of a fine or six months in prison.
People who walk on the grass are liable to a fine.
He got off with a warning and a small fine.
She was let off with a fine instead of being sent to prison.
- fine and dandy
十全十美; 令人满意 satisfactory
We've finished decorating the living room and it all looks fine and dandy. 我们已经完成了起居室的装修,现在一切看上去都十全十美。
I understand that everything was to be fine and dandy once Peter started his new job. 我明白,只要彼得开始那桩新的工作,一切都会令人满意的。
- 十全十美; 令人满意 satisfactory
- fine distinction
细微的差别 a slight difference
The law makes fine distinctions. 法律作出细致的区别。
He is able to draw a fine distinction between very good wine and excellent wine. 他能够指出很好的酒和最好的酒之间的细微差别。
- 细微的差别 a slight difference
- fine for
适合…的 suitable for sb/sth
The tool will be fine for the job. 那件工具干这活儿正合适。
This apartment's fine for two people, but not more. 这套房子两个人住挺舒适,但人再多就不行了。
Such a system is fine for those who have it in them to succeed. 这样的制度对那些有能力成功的人来说如鱼得水。
Don't reckon on the weather being fine for your garden party. 不要指望你们举行游园会时是好天气。
- 适合…的 suitable for sb/sth
- get down to a fine art
很精通… be very proficient at sth
He will service your car in less than an hour—he's got it down to a fine art. 他将在一个小时内检修完你的汽车——他非常精通这个工作。
- 很精通… be very proficient at sth
- not to put too fine a point on it
直截了当地说,说实话 be frank
I don't like your attitude and not to put too fine a point on it,I won't tolerate it in future. 我不喜欢你的态度,不客气地说,今后我不会容忍的。
- 直截了当地说,说实话 be frank
- one of these fine days
总有一天,日内 one day soon
One of these fine days, my boy, you're going to find out what it's like to have to get up every morning and go to work. 我的孩子,总有一天你会发现每天早上不得不起来去上班是什么滋味了。
- 总有一天,日内 one day soon
- cut it fine
刚好赶上 complete just in time
There are only five minutes to go.You might just manage to get to the station, but you're cutting it rather fine. 只有五分钟了,你可以赶到车站,但时间确实太紧了。
- 刚好赶上 complete just in time
- fine away (v.+adv.)
(使)更好; (使)渐渐消失 (cause to) make sth better; (cause to) vanish gradually fine away
His coarse habits have gradually fined away .他的粗俗习惯渐渐变得文雅起来了。fine sth ⇔ away
He endeavored to fine away the objections of his opponents.他力图逐渐消除对手的反对。
She fined away superfluous matter in the design.她删去了这图案中多余的东西。
- (使)更好; (使)渐渐消失 (cause to) make sth better; (cause to) vanish gradually fine away
- fine down (v.+adv.)
(使)变薄; (使)苗条 (cause to) become thinner fine down
She has fined down a lot since last year.自去年以来,她苗条多了。fine sth ⇔ down
The worker fined the metal down.这位工人把这块金属弄薄了。用于 be ～ed 结构
His face was fined down.他的脸消瘦下来了。
使精细 refine fine sth ⇔ down
She fined down her choice of words.她使自己的措词更加精确。
He needs to fine down his theory a bit.他需要使他的理论更完善一些。用于 be ～ed 结构
Now that the original plans have been fined down, they are much more practical.既然原来的计划经修订而更精确,其可行性就大大增加了。
- (使)变薄; (使)苗条 (cause to) become thinner fine down
- fine for (v.+prep.)
因…而罚(款) make sb pay money as a punishment for (doing sth wrong) fine sb for sth/v-ing 用于 be ～ed 结构
He was fined heavily for driving under the influence.他因酒后开车而受重罚。
He was fined for failing to complete the tax form.他因未填税单而被罚款。
The businessman was fined for dodging taxes.这个工商业者因为逃税受到罚款处分。
The motorist was fined for careless driving.驾驶员因开车不慎而受到罚款。fine sb sth for sth/v-ing
The judge fined her 25 dollars for her mistake.法官因她的错误而对她处以25美元罚款。用于 be ～ed 结构
The three demonstrators were fined 50 dollars each for breach of the peace.那三个示威者因扰乱治安每人被罚50美元。
- 因…而罚(款) make sb pay money as a punishment for (doing sth wrong) fine sb for sth/v-ing 用于 be ～ed 结构
- in fine
总而言之 in a word
In fine, you will have to say it again. 总之,你得从头再说一遍。
- 总而言之 in a word
- fine feathers 好羽毛,好的外表
- fine features 美貌,温柔的线条
- fine flavour 美味
- fine fur 好皮子
- fine future 美好的未来
- fine taste in art 对艺术精确的鉴赏力
- fine things 好东西
- exceptionally fine 特别精美
- fine in texture 质地细密
- cook fine 烹饪技术很好
- cut fine 切细
- do fine in school 学习很好
- get along fine 相处得很好
- suit fine 很适合
- talk fine 说得很好听
- work fine 运转得好
- fine for 因…而罚
- corrective fine 惩治性罚款
- heavy fine 大笔罚款
- light fine 小额罚金
- mandatory fine 强制性罚金
- maximum fine 最高额罚金
- severe fine 很重的罚金
- small fine 小额罚金
- stiff fine 大笔罚款
We stood for our faith, when our life was the fine.出自：J. S. Blackie
You go about, in rain or fine, at all hours.出自：C. Lamb
He drank half a bottle of very fine claret.出自：S. Raven
Fined and thrice refined I' the crucible of life.出自：fig.
- fine是描绘形容词,基本意思是指经过加工、提炼而变得非常“精美”,引申可表示“美好的,优秀的,优良的,杰出的”“纤细的”“细微的”“晴朗的,无雨的”“健康的; 舒适的”“过分夸饰的,炫耀的”“可怕的,糟透的”等。
- fine作“健康的; 舒适的”解时无比较级和最高级。
- 在one fine day, some fine day等短语中fine几乎没有意义。例如:One fine day he found himself a ruined man.有一天醒来,他发现自己成了破产者。Some fine day you will be sorry.总有一天你会后悔的。
- fine, beautiful, nice, pretty, wonderful
这组词的共同意思是“美丽的,漂亮的”。其区别是：beautiful形容人时,常指人的外貌、外表美。nice与wonderful意思相近，形容人时多指人的行为、性格美；如形容人的外表一般要用look nice或look wonderful，nice在口语中使用普遍。fine描述人时,指人的品质“优秀”,举止“文明”,具有内在的美; 描述物时,指制作“精细”“雅致”,具有艺术欣赏价值; 描述言辞、衣物时,指“漂亮的”“华丽的”; 描述天气时,指“晴朗”。pretty用于形容女性或小孩时,侧重指小巧玲珑之美。例如:She is very beautiful.她漂亮极了。He is a nice〔wonderful〕 man.他是一个好人。She looks nice〔wonderful〕.她看上去很美。He's very fine musician.他是一个优秀的音乐家。It rained all morning, but turned fine later.一早上都下雨,但后来转晴了。You are always a very pretty girl.你一向是位漂亮的姑娘。
- fine, choice, elegant
这三个词均可指“上等的,精美的,优美的”。其区别在于:fine是常用词; choice指品质上等的,通常经过精心选择,且选择者能判断其品质上的细微差别; elegant指“雅致的”“考究的”。例如:He does fine work.他工作做得好。He selected a choice piece of jade.他选中一块上等玉。The designer was noted for his elegant styles.那位时装设计师以其风格高雅著称。
- fine, delicate, subtle
这三个词均可表示“微妙的,细微的”。delicate含有需要谨慎处理或对待的意思; fine带有“细微的,不易察觉的”意思; subtle有时带有原来“聪明的,机敏的”意思。
- fine, good, nice, well
这组词都有“好”的意思。其区别在于:good意为“好”,常用词,含义很广,一般用作定语和表语; fine主要指质量、特点、能力方面的“好”,语气比good强,也可指健康状况,相当于well; nice指某人或某物能取悦他人的感官,使人感到喜悦,感到舒适; well主要指人的健康状况好,只用作表语,有时也可指情况状态正常,良好。例如:He is a man of good family.他是一个家世很好的人。He is living in a fine house.他住在一幢华丽的房子里。We had a very nice trip to the Jiangnan Park yesterday.昨天我们去江南公园畅游了一番。
- fine, finely
两者意思基本相同,其区别在于:在口语里, fine往往用finely代替; 但构成复合词时要用fine,表达人的品格时要用finely。例如:a fine-toothed comb细齿梳子Mr. Hansen cut it rather fine.汉森先生差一点错过机会。I think he behaves finely.我认为他表现得不错。
- beautiful fair handsome lovely pretty fine
- adj.(形容词) agreeable all right attractive beautiful choice clear excellent nice rare suitable sunny superior
- v.(动词) penalize punish sting
- n.(名词) damages penalty punishment
- fine:fine adj. 美好的, 优良的, 杰出的, 精美的, 杰出的, 细, 纤细, 纯粹n. 罚款, 罚金, 晴天, 精细vt. 罚款, 精炼, 澄清vi. 变清, 变细adv. 很好, 妙, [常用…