- 快的,迅速的 moving fast or doing sth in a short time
- 短时间做成的 done in a short time
- 灵活的,灵敏的; 伶俐的,机警的 lively; active; alert
- 易受激发的,敏感的 easily roused; sensitive
- 聪明的,有能力的 intelligent; competent
- 快地; 迅速地 fast; quickly
- [U]软而嫩的肉 soft tender flesh, especially below the fingernails
- any area of the body that is highly sensitive to pain (as the flesh underneath the skin or a fingernail or toenail)
- accomplished rapidly and without delay;
"was quick to make friends"
"his quick reaction prevented an accident"
"hoped for a speedy resolution of the problem"
"a speedy recovery"
"he has a right to a speedy trial"
- hurried and brief;
"paid a flying visit"
"took a flying glance at the book"
"a quick inspection"
"a fast visit"
- moving quickly and lightly;
"sleek and agile as a gymnast"
"as nimble as a deer"
"quick of foot"
"the old dog was so spry it was halfway up the stairs before we could stop it"
- apprehending and responding with speed and sensitivity;
"a quick mind"
"a ready wit"
- performed with little or no delay;
"an immediate reply to my letter"
"a prompt reply"
"was quick to respond"
"a straightaway denial"
- easily aroused or excited;
"a quick temper"
"a warm temper"
- with little or no delay;
"the rescue squad arrived promptly"
"come here, quick!"
- Everyone is trying to get rich quick nowadays.
- He gave a quick answer to the teacher's question.
- They are pressing us to make a quick decision.
- Come on quick or we'll be left behind.
- He is quick to understand.
- He is quick at spying the faults of others.
- A quick suspicion flashed across him.
- He antidoted the poison with quick medication.
- She penned a quick note to her mother.
- He snatched at the book but not quick enough.
- Be quick, not a moment to be lost!
He is a quick worker.
His quick judgements are valueless.
They wanted her to give them a quick answer.
He has a quick temper.
Nothing can escape her quick ears.
My son is a quick student and always has high grade.
Women quick with child waited there.
Compared with other methods of learning, the learn-while-you-sleep method is quicker.
Who will be there quickest?
She is quick about her work.
Bring me that book, and be quick about it!
Be quick about it.I'm in a hurry.
He is quick in action.
She is quick in temper.
He is quick of perception.
He is quick of catching others' mistakes.
He was quick on his feet like a rabbit.
He was quick on the draw.
She is quick with her hands.
That young teacher was too quick with her students.
He is quick to promise.
He is quick to take offence.
He was quick to realize his advantage.
Be slow to promise and quick to perform.
Henderson was quick to stop the blow.Joe failed to hit him.
His opponents were quick to take advantage of his mistake.
Who ran quickest?
Everyone is trying to get rich quick nowadays.
Let's go out quick.It's no good wasting time.
You have to think quick with the mind and act quick with the body.
Who will be there quickest?
Come as quick as you can.
I'll be round as quick as I can.
The bus will get you there as quick as the train.
The child bit his nails down to the quick.
His fingernails were back into the quick.
What you said stung to the quick.
That picture was drawn to the quick.
- be quick at
对…很机敏 be swift at sth; be lively at sth be quick at sth
He is quick at calculation.他计算的速度很快。
He is quick at arithmetic.他算术方面很灵敏。
His spelling's poor but he's quick at figures.他拼写差,但算术好。be quick at v-ing
He is quick at learning languages.他学语言学得很快。
He is quick at hearing.他的听觉很灵敏。
She is quick at taking offence.她容易生气。
- 对…很机敏 be swift at sth; be lively at sth be quick at sth
- be quick off the mark
迅速开始 make a prompt start
The company was very quick off the mark in printing that book about the aeroplane crash, only weeks after the event. 那家公司不失时机,在空难事件发生数周后,就印出了关于该事件的书。
There's not much time left, but we may manage to get there in time if we're quick off the mark. 剩下时间不多了,不过,如果我们立刻出发,可以设法按时赶到那里。
- 迅速开始 make a prompt start
- be quick on uptake
学得快 be quick to learn
The young man is quick on the uptake. 这个年轻人学得快。
Gill is so quick on uptake that you only have to tell her something once and she remembers it forever. 吉尔学得非常快,你只要告诉她一次,她就永远记住了。
- 学得快 be quick to learn
- quick one
匆匆喝下的酒 quick drink
Let's call in the pub for a quick one on the way to the theatre. 在去剧院的路上,让我们到酒吧匆匆喝口酒。
- 匆匆喝下的酒 quick drink
- the quick and the dead
活着的和死去的 the living and the dead
We need extra people to make up the numbers in the crowd scene.Go and find some more from among the quick and the dead. 我们需要更多的人来补充群众场面的人数,去多找些人来。
- 活着的和死去的 the living and the dead
- cut to the quick
深深地伤害 hurt sb deeply by speaking or acting unkindly cut sb to the quick
He cut me to the quick with that unkind remark.他那无礼的话深深地伤害了我。
She was cut to the quick by his insults.她受他侮辱而十分伤心。
When she realized that they had been laughing at her, she was cut to the quick.当她意识到他们是在嘲笑她时,她的心深受刺痛。
- 深深地伤害 hurt sb deeply by speaking or acting unkindly cut sb to the quick
- quick temper 急性子
- quick about one's work 活做得挺快
- quick at arithmetic 在算术方面很灵敏
- quick at doing things 做事快,做事手脚麻利
- quick at learning new things 新东西学得快
- quick at picking up a new language 很快学会一种新语言
- quick in temper 性子急
- quick of hearing 耳朵灵
- quick of sight 眼尖
- quick on one's feet 跑得快
- quick with one's hands 手巧
The wishes of the departed take precedence over those of the quick.出自：W. Trevor
In Barcelona everyone was quick with rage.出自：W. H. Dixon
- quick在句中可用作表语或定语。用作表语时其后可接介词about, at, with或动词不定式。
- quick, fast, hasty, rapid, sudden, swift
这组词的共同意思是“快的,迅速的”。其区别是：1.quick指运动动作发生或完成的迅速、敏捷,强调的是单一动作的突然性或短暂性,也指才智和反应的敏捷和灵敏; swift意为“快”或“突然发生”,所指的运动速度最高,同时强调运动的平稳潇洒和轻捷、不费力气等,有时带文学色彩,为较正式的用语; fast多指运动的物体,位置移动的迅速,强调物体运动的方式; rapid是正式用语,多指运动本身,强调运动的高速度,所指的速度有时有“对人有益”的含义,常常可与fast互换使用,但语气比fast强; hasty指“草率,匆忙”; sudden则指“突然”。2.swift, fast和rapid一般都指运动的速度,通常动作都有持续性和连续性。hasty一般都不指运动的速度。例如:He gave me a quick response to my question.他对我的问题给出了迅速的回答。The swift fading of autumn into winter.秋色迅速退去,随而进入冬天。The fast train was exchanged for a local one.快车被换成了慢车。He made such rapid progress that his parents were very glad.他取得了如此快的进步,以至于他的父母都很高兴。She's too hasty—if she would only think before speaking she wouldn't have so much trouble.她太性急了,要是她讲话之前多考虑一下,就不会有那么多麻烦了。A sudden clap of thunder woke me.一阵突然的雷声把我惊醒了。
- quick, fleet
这两个词都有“快的”“快速的”意思。其区别在于:1.fleet强调走得快、跑得快、飞得快等; quick则不仅指包括“走”“跑”“飞”等在内的动作迅速,还指能在瞬间或在短时间内完成许多事,含有匆忙、仓促的意味。例如:That is a fleet horse.那是匹快马。My quick action earned me his praise.我的行动敏捷,受到他的赞扬。2.fleet也可指时间或事物是短暂的、转眼即逝的; quick还可指智力等方面反应敏捷、灵敏,此时,其后可接of或at短语,还可以接动词不定式。例如:That is a fleet imagination in his mind.那是在他头脑中一闪而过的想象。He is quick of sight.他目光锐利。
- He is quick of understanding.
- He is quick to understand.
- quick, quickly
副词quick和副词quickly意思上差别不大,非正式口语中多用quick。另外, quick表示的“迅速”侧重指行动前不耽误时间; 而quickly表示的“迅速”侧重指动作速度快。例如:As we get older the years seem to pass more quickly.随着我们年纪越来越大,日子好像过得更快了。The train will get you there quicker than the bus.乘火车到那里去比乘公共汽车快。
- quick, early, shortly, soon
这组词的共同意思是“不久”“即刻”“快”。其区别在于:early常指时间比原来或通常早些; quick含有匆忙、仓促之意; soon指在某一特定时间过现在之后不久,多用于将来时或过去时,通常放在句末或主要动词之前; shortly与soon同义,但比soon更郑重,常用于新闻报道等。例如:You have to think quick with the mind and act quick with the body.你必须脑子转得快,行动也得快。I came early, and had to wait for others, but soon after five o'clock they appeared.我来得早,得等其他人,可是刚过5点他们就都来了。Shortly after that, the police arrived.那事情发生不久警察就到了。
误 He's quick in learning languages.
正 He's quick at learning languages.
误 He was clever and quick in sketching.
正 He was clever and quick at sketching.
析 表示“在…上敏捷”“在…上聪明”时, quick后面的介词一般用at,不用in。
误 The speed of the car was very quick.
正 The speed of the car was very high.
析 修饰speed不用quick, slow,而用high, low。
误 Please give me a fast answer.
正 Please give me a quick answer.
误 This is a fast acting medicine.
正 This is a quick acting medicine.
析 fast一般指运动着的人或物体的速度快; quick一般指动作敏捷和迅速,在较短时间内完成或发生某个动作。
误 He has a fast temper.
正 He has a quick temper.
误 He is fast-tempered.
正 He is quick-tempered.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ciwc，意为充满活力的。
- adj.(形容词) fast rapid sudden swift fleet hurried speedy winged clever intelligent keen shrewd sharp
- adv.(副词) abruptly fast
- quicken v. (使)变快,增速,加快‖quickly adv. 快速地，立刻地
- quick:quick adj. 快的, 迅速的, 敏捷的, 急剧的, 活泼的adv. 快n. 活人，生物, 要点, 本质, 核心, 感觉敏锐的部位 英英解释:名词quick:1. any area of the…