- 慢的，缓慢的； 慢性的
- （经营等）清淡的， 不景气的
- 慢的 a person or thing that is slow; does not move or do sth quickly
- 迟钝的,不灵巧的 not good or quick in understanding; dull in mind
- (营业等)清淡的,不忙碌的 not very active; dull
- 慢慢地 slowly
- vt. & vi. (使)缓行,(使)减速 go at a slower speed
- not moving quickly; taking a comparatively long time;
"a slow walker"
"the slow lane of traffic"
"her steps were slow"
"he was slow in reacting to the news"
"slow but steady growth"
- at a slow tempo;
"the band played a slow waltz"
- slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity;
"so dense he never understands anything I say to him"
"never met anyone quite so dim"
"although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick"
"dumb officials make some really dumb decisions"
"he was either normally stupid or being deliberately obtuse"
"worked with the slow students"
- (used of timepieces) indicating a time earlier than the correct time;
"the clock is slow"
- so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness;
"a boring evening with uninteresting people"
"the deadening effect of some routine tasks"
"a dull play"
"his competent but dull performance"
"a ho-hum speaker who couldn't capture their attention"
"what an irksome task the writing of long letters is"
"tedious days on the train"
"the tiresome chirping of a cricket"
"other people's dreams are dreadfully wearisome"
- (of business) not active or brisk;
"business is dull (or slow)"
"a sluggish market"
- without speed (`slow' is sometimes used informally for `slowly');
"he spoke slowly"
"go easy here--the road is slippery"
"glaciers move tardily"
"please go slow so I can see the sights"
- of timepieces;
"the clock is almost an hour slow"
"my watch is running behind"
- lose velocity; move more slowly;
"The car decelerated"
- become slow or slower;
- cause to proceed more slowly;
"The illness slowed him down"
- Creeping is a slow method of progression.
- The slow computer bogged us down.
- Business is going slow these days.
- My watch is five minutes slow.
- Slow up while the car is over the bridge.
- Why Google toolbar slow down my browser?
- One wants to slow but time does not await him.
He caught the slow train to Birmingham.
This is the slow lane of a motorway.
It was a slow poison.
He is a slow runner.
Parts of the film were shown again in slow motion.
Why are you so slow?Hurry up!
That clock is five minutes slow.
The station clocks are two minutes slow.
Beijing is several hours slow on Tokyo.
These articles were particularly slow.
The party was rather slow at first but it soon picked up with her arrival.
We thought the party was rather slow.
That game is a bit slow for my taste.
Business is slow just now.
I'm sorry I'm so slow today,I didn't get much sleep last night.
They were very slow about paying me.
She is slow to wrath.
You are painfully slow with your figures.
He was slow to answer, deliberating on each question.
She's not slow to tell us what she thinks.
He's slow to take a stand.
Don't worry if your child was slow to learn to walk.
He is not slow to defend himself.
The public has been rather slow to recognize the implications of the new law.
Those who are quick to promise are generally slow to perform.
He was so slow that many thought him mentally retarded.
Heavy traffic made our journey very slow.
Long grass makes the field slower.
News travels slow to a backward region.
How slow the time passes!
How slow would you like me to play?
The river slows on the flat bottom.
The train slowed as it went around the curve.
His illness slowed him at school.
The thick snow slowed her progress.
The train slowed its speed as it went around the curve.
He slowed the horse to a walk.
They slowed their speed to 40 kilometres an hour.
He slowed acquisition of the knowledge of radio by self-study.
- slow at
对(某事)迟钝的 be slow in; reacting slowly
He's particularly slow at arithmetic. 他在算术方面特别迟钝。
He is slow at accounts. 他不善于算账。
He is slow at his work. 他不善于本职工作。
He is slow at learning a language. 他不善于学习语言。
He is slow at paying. 他付款不及时。
- 对(某事)迟钝的 be slow in; reacting slowly
- slow in
The too great length of neck and limb made him loose and slow in body, as he was somewhat loose and slow in mind. 他脖子和手臂过长使他身体松垮行动缓慢,正像他的头脑有些松散迟钝一样。
He is slow in his movements. 他行动迟缓。
She is slow in her work because she talks constantly to fellow workers. 因为不断和同事谈话,她的活干得很慢。
He is slow in arriving. 他总是姗姗来迟。
His son is slow in understanding. 他的儿子理解迟钝。
He is absurdly slow in giving me an answer. 他迟迟不给我回音,真不像话。
He was slow in taking offence. 他不轻易发脾气。
He is slow in making up his mind in action. 他总是迟迟下不了决心。
- 迟慢的 tardy
- slow of
不灵的 be ineffective
My child is slow of speech. 我的孩子笨嘴拙舌。
He is slow of understanding. 他理解能力差。
He is slow of wit. 他智力差。
- 不灵的 be ineffective
- go slow
减慢速度 retarded motionPlease tell the driver to go slower.请叫司机开慢一点。
The car went slower and slower until it came to a standstill. 车子越走越慢,最后,终于停了下来。
- 怠工 work slowlyThe workers in our factory often went slow in the past.我们厂的工人过去经常怠工。
- 减少活动 be less active than usualYou ought to go slow until you feel really well again.你应该减少活动,要到真正康复以后再说。
- 减慢速度 retarded motionPlease tell the driver to go slower.请叫司机开慢一点。
- slow down〔up〕 (v.+adv.)
(使)慢下来 move at a slower rate slow down
The car slowed down.汽车慢下来了。
Slow down before you reach the crossing.车快要到十字路口时就得减速。
The road is slippery, you'd better slow down.路滑,你最好减速。
Slow down, will you?There's a police car ahead.放慢速度,好吗?前面有一辆警车。slow sb/sth ⇔ down〔up〕
You have to slow down your car at the crossing.在十字路口,你得放慢速度。
The severe snowstorm has slowed the vehicles down.猛烈的暴风雪使车辆放慢了速度。
Can't you slow this machine down?你难道不能使这台机器减速?
She slowed down the car when she came to the mountain slope.她开到山坡处的时候让车速慢了下来。
She's quite fit, but her bad leg slows her down when we're out for a walk.她很健康,可在我们出去散步时她那条残腿减慢了她走路的速度。
The cold weather slowed down the construction of the bridge.寒冷的天气使建桥工程进展缓慢。
Their objections are slowing down the progress of the negotiations.他们的反对使谈判进程放慢下来。
生产缓慢,变得迟钝 make slow produce; become slow witted slow down〔up〕
Business slows down in summer.夏季生意清淡。
Business slows down at this time of year.每年这段时间生意清淡。
Business slowed down at the stores after Christmas.圣诞节过后商店的生意就不那么火了。
He's over sixty, but he shows no signs of slowing down.他年逾60岁,但毫无迟钝的形迹。
He has slowed down a lot since his heart attack.自心脏病发作以来,他的动作迟钝多了。
You really ought to slow down, all these late nights are doing you no good.你真该轻松一点了,这些天老开夜车对你的身体没好处。
The doctor advised Jim to slow up for a time to give his heart a chance.医生劝告吉姆过一段轻松的日子,给他的心脏以康复的机会。slow sb/sth ⇔ down〔up〕
If I could find some way of slowing my father down, he's taking on far too much work.如果我能找到什么办法使我的父亲轻松一些就好了,他干的工作太多了。
The factory has had to slow down production since the workers refused to do their best.自从工人怠工以来,这家工厂不得不减产。
- (使)慢下来 move at a slower rate slow down
- slow afternoon 沉闷的下午
- slow child 反应慢的孩子
- slow erosion 缓慢的侵蚀
- slow journey 缓慢旅行
- slow learner 迟钝的学习者
- slow march 缓步行进
- slow music 慢节拍的音乐
- slow poison 慢性毒药
- slow progress 缓慢的进展
- slow pupils 迟钝的学生
- slow reason 淡季
- slow recovery 缓慢的恢复
- slow runner 跑得慢的人
- slow town 落后的城镇
- slow train 慢车
- slow vehicle 行驶缓慢的车
- slow walk 缓步行走
- slow walker 走得慢的人
- 3 minutes slow (表等)慢三分钟
- slow to anger 不轻易发怒
- slow at 在…方面缓慢的〔迟钝的〕
- slow at accounts 不善于算账
- slow at arithmetic 不擅长算术
- slow at figures 不善于计算
- slow at sb's work 工作缓慢
- slow in 在…方面缓慢的〔迟钝的〕
- slow in action 行动缓慢
- slow in learning English 学英语很迟钝
- slow in making up one's mind 迟迟拿不定主意
- slow in reacting 反应迟钝
- slow in understanding 理解力迟钝
- slow of 在…方面缓慢的〔迟钝的〕
- slow of hearing 听觉不灵
- slow of learning 学得慢
- slow of speech 不善辞令
I must be slow, for only then did I realize that Stahr was..Smith.出自：Scott Fitzgerald
My breathing slowed and I grew calmer.出自：J. M. Coetzee
Traffic..slowed to a honking..crawl.出自：J. Updike
- slow的基本意思是“慢的”,主要指“速度慢”; 指时间时,表示比正确时间晚; 指人时,表示智力差、反应迟钝,学习上进步不快; 指商业时,表示营业呆滞; slow也可作“不乐意,不起劲”解,还可作“表面能降低运动速度的”解。
- slow可作定语或表语,用作表语时其后可接动词不定式、介词短语或that从句; slow也可以用作宾语补足语。
- slow前可用rather, too等来修饰。
- 一般说,在slow后用down比用up更合乎逻辑,而且slow down能与speed up形成对比,因此用slow down的人多一些, slow down的使用频率也就比较高。
- She was slow to react.
- She was slow in reaction.
- She was slow in learning English.
- She was slow at learning English.
- slow, slowly
这两个词都有“慢”的意思,都可用作副词。其区别是：1.slow除可用作副词外,还可用作形容词或动词。例如:He caught the slow train to Birmingham.他赶上去伯明翰的慢车。2.slow侧重于表示状态,而slowly则表示动作的方式。例如:
3.slowly可用在多种场合,位置较灵活,既可放在谓语动词之前,也可放在谓语动词之后,有时甚至放在句首; slow只用在如go, run, speak, read, burn, drive等动词的后面或how引起的感叹句中。例如:He walks slowly.他走得很慢。Do speak slower!说慢一点行吗!We slowly climbed over the mountain.我们慢慢爬过了山头。We climbed slowly over the mountain.我们慢慢爬过了山头。Slowly we climbed over the mountain.慢慢地我们爬过了山头。4.slow常可用于引申义。例如:Work became slow and he could earn only a few days' pay a month.活儿变轻闲了,他每月只能挣到几天的工资。5.slow比slowly语气更强。
- She walked slow.
- She walked slowly.
- slow, delay, detain, retard, slacken
这组词都可表示“使某人〔事〕落后于”原计划的安排或通常的进展速度。它们之间的区别是:delay主要指因某事的干扰而妨碍按时完成或到达; detain主要指耽误时间,不能按时到达或离开,也可指不能完成想完成的事情; retard主要指减慢运动、进步速度; slow常与up或down连用,指降低进步的速度,强调主观的意图和目的性; slacken侧重某种松弛〔懈〕。例如:I was detained late in the factory.厂里有事我无法脱身,很晚才离开。Cold weather retards the growth of the crops.寒冷的天气妨碍作物的生长。His bad leg slows him down a lot.他那条受伤的腿使他的速度大受影响。Don't slacken your efforts when the job is only half done.工作只做到一半时可别松劲。
误 Please slow speak.
正 Please speak slow.
析 slow与go, drive, speak, read, walk, run等动词连用时,一般放在这些词之后。
误 This book is fairly slow.
正 This book is rather slow.
析 slow一般用rather或too等修饰,而不用fairly, much等修饰。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的slaw，意为不的积极。
- adj.(形容词) backward behind crass delayed deliberate dense dull dumb gradual laggard late lazy leisurely stupid unhurried
- adv.(副词) slowly
- slow:概述 魔兽争霸3中人类部队女巫的魔法减速 (Slow) 减慢一个敌方单位25%的攻击频率和60%的移动速度.可设置为自动施放.(快捷键 "W") 持续时间 施法间隔 魔法消耗 射程 作用范围 效…