- [U]限制,限定 the fact or condition of limiting or being limited
- [P]局限,极限;限度,缺陷 sth that limits;the limit beyond which no more can be done
a principle that limits the extent of something;
"I am willing to accept certain restrictions on my movements"
the quality of being limited or restricted;
"it is a good plan but it has serious limitations"
the greatest amount of something that is possible or allowed;
"there are limits on the amount you can bet"
"it is growing rapidly with no limitation in sight"
(law) a time period after which suits cannot be brought;
"statute of limitations"
an act of limiting or restricting (as by regulation)
- The government has imposed limitation on imports.
- There will be no limitation to persons from any specific countries.
- Every interest has its own boundary and limitation.
- He knows his limitations.
- Despite the limitations of the survey, it did suggest some general trends.
- I am willing to accept certain limitation on my freedom.
- It's a good car, but it has its limitations.
- He knows his limitations as an actor.
He was heir to the earldom of Tyrone according to the limitations of the patent.出自： H. J. S. Maine
'He does love discussion,' said Lucia. 'I know...Don't you?'..'I like it, with limitations.'出自： E. F. Benson
Mr Taylor..considering his limitations, was behaving remarkably well.出自： P. Rose