- Lake Placid 普莱西特湖（美国纽约东北部湖泊）
(of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves;
"a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"
"the quiet waters of a lagoon"
"a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"
"a smooth channel crossing"
"scarcely a ripple on the still water"
not easily irritated;
"an equable temper"
"not everyone shared his placid temperament"
"remained placid despite the repeated delays"
- For the next two months, life in the village went its placid way.
- Her idea of love was more that of placid affection, serving the loved one softly in an atmosphere, flower-scented and dim-lighted, of ethereal calm.
- I enjoy the placid pace of village life.
- The heavens were placid, but still luminous with the light at the retreating sun.
- On all sides, wherever the eye turned, nothing met it be the mirrorlike surface of the lake, the placid view of heaven, and the dense setting of woods.
- The child had a placid disposition.
- His normally placid dog turned on him and bit him in the leg.
- You should be in a placid mood and have a heart-to-heart talk with her.
Except for the slight..wind.., the waters lay placid and unmoved.出自： P. S. Buck
Disturbed by Cleaver's placid acceptance of the fact that his home was disintegrating over his head.出自： J. Mark
Over-excitedsthis was an ominous symptom in a woman who was ordinarily placid.出自： D. Cecil
- calm 平静的
- tranquil 安静的
- still 静止的
- quiet 安静的
- peaceful 和平的
- smooth 光滑的
- untroubled 未被扰乱的
- pacific 温和的
- orderly 有秩序的
- collected 收集成的
- composed 镇静的
- patient 有耐心的
- even-tempered 性情平和的
- equable 性情温和的
- easygoing 随和的
- docile 容易控制的
- content 内容
- good-natured 脾气好的
- mild 温和的
- imperturbable 沉着的
- serene 安详的
- gentle 温和的
- sedate 安静的
- clam 蛤
- unruffled 平静的
- good-tempered 好脾气的
- rude 粗鲁无礼的