- 使平滑， 把...弄平滑，（使）光滑
- 光滑的,平坦的,平静的 having an even surface without points, lumps, bumps, etc.; not rough
- 平稳的,不颠簸的,不摇晃的 moving evenly , without bumps, jolts, stops, etc. or even in movement without sudden changes or breaks
- 顺利的,没有困难的,无问题的 free from difficulties; problems, etc.
- 过分殷勤的,圆滑的 flattering and agreeable (but perhaps insincere); (too) polite
- vt. 使光滑,使平坦; 使顺利 make smooth or flat
- the act of smoothing;
"he gave his hair a quick smooth"
- having a surface free from roughness or bumps or ridges or irregularities;
"a smooth tabletop"
"a smooth road"
"water as smooth as a mirror"
- smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication;
"he was too politic to quarrel with so important a personage"
"the manager pacified the customer with a smooth apology for the error"
- of the margin of a leaf shape; not broken up into teeth
- smooth and unconstrained in movement;
"a long, smooth stride"
"the fluid motion of a cat"
"the liquid grace of a ballerina"
- (music) without breaks between notes; smooth and connected;
"a legato passage"
- of motion that runs or flows or proceeds without jolts or turbulence;
"a smooth ride"
- lacking obstructions or difficulties;
"the bill's path through the legislature was smooth and orderly"
- (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves;
"a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"
"the quiet waters of a lagoon"
"a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"
"a smooth channel crossing"
"scarcely a ripple on the still water"
- make smooth or smoother, as if by rubbing;
"smooth the surface of the wood"
- make (a surface) shine;
"shine the silver, please"
"polish my shoes"
- free from obstructions;
"smooth the way towards peace negotiations"
- Her skin is as smooth as silk.
- The birch has smooth bark and slender branches.
- At 9:50 the plane began a smooth descent through the cloud-smudged sky to Shanghai.
- The process of negotiation was not entirely smooth.
- Mix the butter and sugar to a smooth paste.
- She smoothed out wrinkles out of the tablecloth.
- No matter how hard she tried, she was unable to smooth over their differences.
- It has been proposed as a storage option to support large-scale use of photovoltaics as a means to smooth out fluctuations in power generation.
She has smooth skin.
It's smooth paper.
We are now in smooth water.
Bring the car to a smooth stop.
I hope you'll have a smooth flight.
There is a smooth style of writing in this novel.
That's a smooth wine.
I don't trust those smooth salesmen.
This paper is not smooth enough.
His progress towards promotion was smooth and rapid.
Her progress from local manageress to company director had not been smooth.
This sherry is very smooth.
The white wine is mellow and smooth.Try it.
The sea looks calm and smooth.
The way is now smooth.
Our path in life will not always be smooth.
He planed the board smooth.
She smoothed her dress with an iron.
She smoothed a wrinkled tablecloth.
The mayor was able to smooth the anger of the mob.
Speaking the language fluently certainly smoothed our path.
- a smooth operator
圆滑的人 person acting in the specified way
He's a smooth operator. 他是个圆滑的人。
- 圆滑的人 person acting in the specified way
- as smooth as silk〔a baby's bottom,velvet〕
十分柔软、光滑 very soft and smooth
Her skin is still as smooth as a baby's bottom. 她的皮肤仍然十分柔软、光滑。
I don't like that woman.She's always making sarcastic remarks in a tone as smooth as velvet. 我不喜欢那女人,她总是用软绵绵的腔调冷嘲热讽。
- 十分柔软、光滑 very soft and smooth
- in smooth water(s)
进展顺利,一帆风顺 making even and easy progress
The business seems to be in smooth waters these days. 这些日子生意好像很顺利。
- 进展顺利,一帆风顺 making even and easy progress
- smooth away (v.+adv.)
消除,弄平 make sth go away by flattening it smooth sth ⇔ away
I can't smooth these folds away, they keep coming back.我无法消除这些皱纹,它们总是折了回来。
The chairman has made efforts to smooth away any difficulties that might prevent our plan from being followed.主席已作出努力,以排除可能阻碍我们计划进行的任何困难。
- 消除,弄平 make sth go away by flattening it smooth sth ⇔ away
- smooth back (v.+adv.)
抹平 push sth in a backward direction so that it lies flat smooth sth ⇔ back
She smoothed back her hair with a movement of which she was unconscious.她下意识地把头发向后捋了捋。
Let me smooth your collar back, it's sticking out again.让我把你的领子捋平,它又翘起来了。
- 抹平 push sth in a backward direction so that it lies flat smooth sth ⇔ back
- smooth down (v.+adv.)
弄平,弄光滑 make sth lie flat or smooth smooth sth ⇔ down
He smoothed down his hair.他将头发捋平。
She smoothed her dress down over her knees as her father entered the room.她父亲进屋时,她把裙子弄平盖住膝盖。用于be ～ed结构
This wood has not been smoothed down well enough.这木头刨得不够光滑。
(使…)平息 make sb/sth calmer smooth down
The sea has smoothed down.大海已风平浪静。smooth sb/sth ⇔ down
See if you can smooth the chairman down, he's still very angry about the decision.看你是否能使主席平静下来,他还在为那项决定生气。
What can we do to smooth his hurt feelings down?我们能做点什么来安抚他受伤的感情呢?
- 弄平,弄光滑 make sth lie flat or smooth smooth sth ⇔ down
- smooth out (v.+adv.)
弄平 flatten sthThe bed will be more comfortable if you smooth out the sheets.如果你把床单弄平,睡在床上会更舒服些。
Smooth out any unevenness in the cloth before you cut it. 先把布上的皱纹弄平后再裁剪。
Mother brushed off the bread-crumbs and smoothed out the cloth. 母亲掸去面包屑,并将台布弄平。
缓和,调解 make sth free of troubleThey need a friend to smooth the matter out between them.他们的事情需要一位朋友在中间进行调解。
Do you think we can smooth out our difference? 你认为我们能消除分歧吗?
- 弄平 flatten sthThe bed will be more comfortable if you smooth out the sheets.如果你把床单弄平,睡在床上会更舒服些。
- smooth over (v.+adv.)
平息 make calmer smooth sth ⇔ over
Perhaps a gift of flowers will help to smooth your quarrel over.也许赠送鲜花可以化解你们的吵架。
He smoothed over the differences that had arisen between them.他清除他们之间的分歧。
- 平息 make calmer smooth sth ⇔ over
- smooth breathing 畅顺的呼吸
- smooth cigar 烟味温和的雪茄
- smooth crossing 平稳的横渡
- smooth custard 调匀的蛋奶糊
- smooth journey 平安的旅程
- smooth landing 平稳的着陆
- smooth manner 圆滑的态度
- smooth passage 顺利通过
- smooth paste 调匀的面糊
- smooth ride 平稳的行驶
- smooth road 平坦的道路
- smooth sea 平静的海面
- smooth skin 光滑的皮肤
- smooth voice 柔和的声音
- smooth to the touch 手感平滑
- smooth a sheet 抚平床单
- smooth a wrinkled tablecloth 熨平起皱的桌布
- smooth one's dress 熨平衣服
- smooth one's skirt 抚平裙子
- smooth the anger 平息愤怒
- smooth artfully 巧妙地熨平
- smooth diplomatically 缓和外交关系
- smooth mechanically 机械地熨
- smooth skillfully 熟练地熨平
- smooth socially 缓和社会关系
- smooth away 消除,克服,使容易,使顺利
- smooth away misunderstanding 消除误会
- smooth away obstacles 消除障碍
- smooth down 弄光,使平滑
- smooth down one's hair 捋平头发
- smooth out a handkerchief 把手绢弄平
- smooth out difficulties 排除困难
- smooth out the tablecloth 把桌布拉平
- smooth over 掩饰,调停,平息,排除
- smooth over obstacles 消除障碍
She put the skinnes of the kids..vpon the smooth of his necke.出自：Bible (AV): Genesis
On smooth the Seale and bended Dolphins play.出自：Milton
Brows as pale and smooth As..deathless marble.出自：Tennyson
Not the slightest..blemish disfigured the smooth surface.出自：B. Bainbridge
Grim-visag'd Warre, hath smooth'd his wrinkled Front.出自：Richard III,Shakespeare
Harmonie Divine So smooths her charming tones.出自：Milton
Hesperus..Smoothing the wearied mind.出自：Tennyson
His..work was to smooth the way for Cardinal Pole's return.出自：J. H. Blunt
He smoothed out his crushed hat.出自：J. Steinbeck
Unrelenting tide..smoothed the strata of the steep hillside.出自：J. Betjeman
She..smoothed the..rumpled sheet.出自：K. A. Porter
- smooth的基本意思是“滑”,指某物的表面状态时,表示“平滑的,光滑的,平坦的”; 也可指某物体在开动中不摇晃、不颠簸; 还可指文章、文体、声调等方面是“流畅的,和谐悦耳的”。指人时,表示举止及仪表是“圆滑的,温和的,油腔滑调的,迎合讨好的”,多含有贬义。指饮料时,则表示味道“可口的,醇和的”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的smtoh，意为光滑的。
- adj.(形容词) calm even flat flush glossy level easy effortless facile light
- v.(动词) even flatten iron level
- smooth:smooth adj. 平滑的, 平坦的, 平稳的, 无毛的, 流畅的, 圆滑的, 安祥的vt. 使光滑, 烫平, 使优雅, 消除vi. 变平滑, 变平静n. 一块平地, 平滑部分 英英解释:名词sm…