- adj. 温和的；和平的；和解的
- n. 太平洋
- adj. 太平洋的
the largest ocean in the world
relating to or bordering the Pacific Ocean;
disposed to peace or of a peaceful nature;
"the pacific temper seeks to settle disputes on grounds of justice rather than by force"
"a quiet and peaceable person"
"in a peaceable and orderly manner"
"the result of this pacific policy was that no troops were called up"
- The night was pacific.
- He developed a pacific disposition in his childhood.
- The result of this pacific policy was that no troops were called up.
- What a beautiful pacific place this is!
- They have pacific intentions.
- The spacecraft splashed down in the Pacific.
- They must think you are a madman if you tell them you want to cross the Pacific on a raft.
- These creatures live in the depth of the Pacific Ocean.
He was..too pacific; he would not fight back.出自： C. Angier