- vt. & vi. 轻拍 tap sb/sth gently with the open hand or with a flat object
- vt. 拍成,拍至 put (sth) in the specified state or position by patting
- [C]轻拍 gentle tap with the open hand or with a flat object
- [S]轻拍某物发出的声音 slight sound made by tapping sth gently
- [C]小团,小块 small mass of sth
- 恰好的,适当的 exactly right; appropriate
- 过于快的,伶牙俐齿的 too quick; glib
the sound made by a gentle blow
a light touch or stroke
having only superficial plausibility;
"a slick commercial"
exactly suited to the occasion;
"a pat reply"
completely or perfectly;
"he has the lesson pat"
"had the system down pat"
pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin
"pat him on the shoulder"
- He gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
- He gave me a light pat on the shoulder.
- It was a basket with fresh eggs, a newly-baked loaf of bread, a pat of butter.
- The children wanted to pat the bunny .
- The mother patted the little girl to make her go to sleep.
- Snowflakes were patting against the window.
- He patted my curly head.
- The children wanted to pat the bunny.
- He patted the dog.
- He patted her cheeks.
- His foot is patting the ground.
- Dr. Hansen leaned forward and patted Enid's hand comfortingly.
- She patted a place next to her for me to sit down.
- She patted her hair to be sure that it was neat.
- He patted his face dry with a towel.
- With a reassuring pat on her arm, he left.
- Could you hear the pat?
- Give me a pat of butter.
- A pat tale aroused a big laugh.
- Her answer was too pat.
- The ending of the story was too pat.
- His explanation was too pat to be convin-cing.
- pat down (v.+adv.)
轻轻地拍平 make (sth) lie flat by hitting it gently
pat sth ⇔ down
She patted down unruly wisps of hair.
The cook patted down some lumps in the pastry.
- pat on (v.+prep.)
轻拍 touch (usually sb or an animal) lightly and quickly on (usually a part of the body)
pat sb/sth on sth
He patted the boy on his head.
It's safe to pat the dog on its back but not on its nose.
Most children dislike being patted on the head.
- pat on the back (v.+prep.+n.)
鼓励或赞扬… show pride in the ability or action of; encourage or praise sb or oneself
pat sb/oneself on the back
When he won the first place in the high jump, everyone patted him on the back and congratulated him.
All the members of the team gathered round him, patting him on the back.
Her performance wasn't so wonderful— I don't know why she has to pat herself on the back.
- a pat on the back
鼓励,赞扬show pride in the ability or action of
- pat bunny 拍小兔子
- pat cheeks 拍了拍双颊
- pat dog 拍了拍狗
- pat ground 拍了拍地
- pat hair 拍了拍头发
- pat one's hands 拍了拍手
- pat one's head 轻轻拍头
- pat wall 拍了拍墙
- pat affectionately 深情地轻拍
- pat approvingly 赞许地轻拍
- pat awkwardly 笨拙地轻拍
- pat benignly 慈祥地轻拍
- pat mechanically 机械地拍了拍
- pat paternally 像父亲般地轻拍
- pat reassuringly 鼓励地轻拍
- pat down 轻轻地拍平
- give a pat 轻拍
- pat story 适当的故事
The pat of those footsteps which scarcely touched the ground.出自： M. O. W. Oliphant
A light rain had started to pat the windows.出自： M. Spark
It has all come so pat, been accepted so passively.出自： E. Figes
- pat多用作及物动词,后接名词或代词作宾语。有时还可接由“ adj. ”充当补足语的复合宾语。