- [U]油漆,涂料 substance applied to a surface in liquid form to give it colour
- [P]颜料 (set of) tubes or blocks of paint
- [U]涂层,漆层 layer of drier paint on a surface
- [U]化妆品 cosmetics for applying to the face
- vt. 在…上涂涂料或油漆 put paint onto (sth)
- vt. & vi. 画; 绘画 make a picture with paint
- vt. 涂,搽 put powder, lipstick, etc. onto (the face, etc.)
- vt. 描绘,描述 describe in clear well-chosen words
- a substance used as a coating to protect or decorate a surface (especially a mixture of pigment suspended in a liquid); dries to form a hard coating;
"artists use `paint' and `pigment' interchangeably"
- (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court;
"he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"
"he dominates play in the paint"
- makeup consisting of a pink or red powder applied to the cheeks
- make a painting;
"he painted all day in the garden"
"He painted a painting of the garden"
- apply paint to; coat with paint;
"We painted the rooms yellow"
- make a painting of;
"He painted his mistress many times"
- apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil
- I personally think we should paint the wall yellow.
- They painted a coat of paint to prevent the oxidation of the ship by seawater.
- She learns to paint in the fashion of Picasso.
- I suggest you paint on wood instead of paper.
- He likes to paint abstract designs on the walls.
- The wall requires a new coat of paint.
- Keep away from it. Don't you see the notice "Wet Paint"?
- The artist brought his paints with him.
- It is a great piece of paint.
Some paint will keep the wood from damage by water.
Don't touch the door; the paint is wet.
The colour is lighter, and the old paint shows through.
If men breathed in the fine paint spray, their lungs would be damaged.
The hotel needs a new paint job.
Joan's best work is in the medium of oil paints.
The sulphuric acid ate into the parts of the metal where the coat of paint had peeled.
She wears far too much paint.
The artist brought his paints with him.
I left my paints at home.
She paints very well.
He cannot paint.
All day she painted and read.
The lady is aging quickly and now paints heavily.
When will you paint the wall?
He is painting the door.
He has painted the gate.
I am going to paint the furniture.
My brother is painting the bathroom.
We painted the house once, then we went over it.
They are lovely children and I would very much like to paint them.
I painted a girl with a pigtail.
The artist was painting a field and some trees.
The artist painted a vase of flowers against a dark background.
The painter is painting a landscape.
Taking out her lipstick, she began to paint her lips.
The setting sun painted the clouds in the western sky.
The author of the book painted a dismal picture of the future.
The writer paints a vivid picture of his early life.
When asked about the incident, she painted a completely different story.
His book painted the social conditions of the day.
Her letters paint a wonderful picture of her life in Burma.
The door was thickly painted.
The house was freshly painted.
The box has been painted within and without.
Don't touch the gate. It has just been painted.
The hill to the right was painted after the rest of the picture was completed.
He is painting her a picture.
She painted a beautiful portrait for us.
He painted the gate green.
The workers painted the tractor red.
She painted herself thick and ugly.
The frost painted all the trees silver.
A lot of propaganda has painted him as bad.
They painted him to be indecisive, negative, and selfish.
I know you dislike him, but you paint him too black.
The hero in the storybook was painted as a brave man.
The artist painted her strolling her garden.
- like watching paint dry
非常令人讨厌 very boring
She spent an hour showing us her holiday photographs; it was just like watching paint dry. 她花了一个小时给我们看她度假时拍的照片,真是令人讨厌透了!
- 非常令人讨厌 very boring
- paint in1( v.+adv. )
加画,添画 add sth with paint, often to a finished picture paint sth ⇔ in
They painted the whole wall yellow, and then painted in a false door to balance the effect.他们把整个墙都漆成黄色,然后又画了一个假门,以取得相称的效果。用于 be ～ed 结构
The standing figure to the right was painted in after the rest of the picture was completed.画中右边站着的那个人是在画上的其余部分完成后才画上去的。
- 加画,添画 add sth with paint, often to a finished picture paint sth ⇔ in
- paint in2( v.+prep. )
加画,添画 add sth with paint, often to a finished picture paint sth in sth
What a beautiful mountain! I must paint it in my picture.多美的一座山啊!我一定要把它画进画中。
用…画 draw sb/sth with sth paint sb/sth in sth
She painted her mother and father in oils.她给她父母亲画油画像。
- 加画,添画 add sth with paint, often to a finished picture paint sth in sth
- paint on1( v.+adv. )
继续画 continue painting paint on
The artist painted on in spite of his family's opposition.那个艺术家不顾家里人的异议,继续画了下去。
画上,画出 make sth appear by using paint paint sth ⇔ on 常用于 be ～ed 结构
That isn't a real drawer in the table; it's just painted on.桌上的抽屉不是真的,那是画上去的。
- 继续画 continue painting paint on
- paint on2( v.+prep. )
在…上漆; 在…上画 put paint on; make sth appear on sth by using paint paint on sth
Would you rather paint on wood or paper?你愿意在木板上画还是在纸上画?paint sth on sth
The painter is already painting the name of the new owner on the shop front.油漆工已经在把新店主的名字用漆写在商店的门面上。
- 在…上漆; 在…上画 put paint on; make sth appear on sth by using paint paint on sth
- paint out( v.+adv. )
用油漆或颜料覆盖或涂掉 remove sth by covering it with paint paint sth ⇔ out
They painted out the names on the door.他们把门上的名字用漆涂掉了。用于 be ～ed 结构
The ship's name has been painted out and replaced with a new one.这艘船原来的名字已被涂掉,换上了新的名字。
- 用油漆或颜料覆盖或涂掉 remove sth by covering it with paint paint sth ⇔ out
- paint over( v.+prep. )
在…上刷油漆 put paint on top of put over sth
If you paint over the cracks in the wood-work, they won't show so badly.你要是把木器上的这些裂缝油上漆,它们就不会那么难看了。
- 在…上刷油漆 put paint on top of put over sth
- paint up( v.+adv. )
装饰,整修 decorate paint sth ⇔ up
They have painted the place up since I was last here.自从上次我到这儿来过以后,他们已经把这地方粉刷一新。用于 be ～ed 结构
The city has been painted up for festival celebrations.为庆祝节日,市内已粉刷一新。
- 装饰,整修 decorate paint sth ⇔ up
- paint with( v.+prep. )
用…涂; 用…画 spread on with sth; draw with sth paint sth with sth
It was the custom of American Indians to paint their faces with coloured clay.美洲印第安人过去习惯用彩色泥土涂在脸上。
They painted the underside of their planes with a black varnish.他们在飞机的底部涂上了一层黑漆。
The doctor painted my wound with ointment.医生给我的伤口敷上药膏。用于 be ～ed 结构
The walls were painted with flowers and scenery.那几面墙上画着花卉和风景。
The ancient vase was painted with pastoral scenes.这古老的花瓶上绘饰着田园景色。
- 用…涂; 用…画 spread on with sth; draw with sth paint sth with sth
- apply paint 涂油漆
- blend paint 调色
- chip paint 去除油漆
- dilute paint 稀释油漆
- lay paint upon canvas 往画布上涂油彩
- mix paint 调和油漆
- spray paint 喷漆
- brush paint 画笔
- flat paint 平光漆
- floor paint 地板漆
- house paint 屋内油漆
- wall paint 墙漆
- war paint 出战时涂在脸上和身上的颜料
- a box of paints 一盒颜料
- a coat of paint 一层油漆
- a piece of paint 一幅绘画
- a set of paints 一套颜料
- a speck of paint 一点油漆
- a splash of paint 一片溅泼的油漆
- paint a picture of 描述…的情景
- paint a scene 描写一个场面
- paint apartment 粉刷公寓
- paint defects 掩饰缺点,文过饰非
- paint door and window 油漆门窗
- paint exterior 粉刷外部
- paint flat 粉刷公寓
- paint floor 刷地板
- paint house 刷房子
- paint one's experience in glowing colours 着力渲染自己的经历
- paint one's face 在脸上搽粉
- paint rosy picture of 描述美好的情景
- paint sb's character 刻画某人的性格
- paint wall 刷墙
- paint exquisitely 优美地画
- paint freshly 刚刚漆过
- paint nicely 画得很好
- paint professionally 专业绘画
- paint realistically 画得很真实
- paint thickly 涂得很厚
- paint sth out 涂掉某物
- paint sth throughout 全部漆过
- paint sth up 打扮得焕然一新
- paint sth within and without 里里外外油漆某物
- paint sth after an original 临摹某物
- paint sb as 把某人说成是
- paint from nature 写生
- paint in oils 画油画
- paint in water-colours 画水彩画
- paint sth in bright colours 用浅色的颜料画某物
- paint sth in vivid words 用生动的言词讲述某事
- paint on china 画在瓷器上
- paint on paper 画在纸上
- paint on silk 画在绢上
- paint sth over 把某物涂在…上
- paint sth to the life 把某物画得惟妙惟肖
- paint with 用…搽
- paint the wound with iodine 给伤口涂碘酒
Now the paint and plaster had fallen in lumps and not been replaced.出自：M. Dickens
A rich, deep white that comes from many coats of good-quality paint.出自：J. Diski
The organic carbon in ancient paints derives from blood.出自：Science News
Are you going to paint or varnish the wood-work?出自：Oxford English Dictionary
- paint的基本意思是“油漆,涂料”,是不可数名词,没有复数形式。paint还可表示“绘画作品”,“一幅绘画作品”是a piece of paint。paints指一套管状或块状的“颜料”。
- paint还可接以“(to be/as+) n./adj. ”或现在分词充当补足语的复合宾语。作“涂油漆”解时,宾语补足语前常省略to be或as; 作“描绘”解时to be或as不可省略。
- paint, colour, dye, stain
这几个词的共同含义是“着色,染色”。其区别是：1.colour的意思最广泛,不管染色的深浅,不分使用什么染料,也不分给什么东西染色。用于比喻义,有“渲染,夸张”的意思,而dye, paint, stain没有此义。2.dye, paint指有意地“染色”。dye指使用染料永远地改变物体的颜色,如毛纺织品或头发等; paint指把颜料或涂料涂在墙壁、家具等物体表面,使用的材料是耐久的,有“描绘,画画”的倾向。例如:Black will dye over other colours.黑色能把大多数其他颜色染掉。This dress had been dyed several times.这件连衣裙已染过几次了。She dyed her hair red.她把头发染成红色。When will you paint the wall? 你们什么时候漆墙?We painted the house once, then we went over it again.我们把房间油漆了一遍,然后又打扫了一遍。The hero in the storybook was painted as a brave man.故事书中的主人公被描绘成一个勇敢的人。3.stain可以指由于使用疏忽或其他原因使物体染上并非本身所固有的颜色,因此有“变污”的意思。例如:This carpet stains easily, so try not to spill anything on it.这块地毯很容易弄脏,所以请尽量避免把东西溅到上面。She has stained the floorboards dark brown.她把地板漆成了深褐色。His crimes stained the family honor.他的罪行玷污了他家庭的名誉。4.dye, colour有“脸红”的意思, paint, stain则没有。例如:Deep blushes dyed her cheeks.她双颊透红。5.colour也可用作名词。
- paint, draw
- ☆ 13世纪初期进英入语，直接源自古法语的peinter(peindre的过去分词），意为画。
- PAINT:Penny-Arcade Internet Notification Tool (Penny-Arcade Web Comics)Penny-Arcade互联网通知工具(Penny-Arcade网络漫画)
- PAINT:Apple Macintosh Black & White MacPaint file Bitmap graphics黑与白的苹果电脑MacPaint点阵图形文件
- PAINT:Preserving Art Information Now and Tomorrow现在,明天保留艺术资讯
- paint:paint n. 油漆, 颜料, 涂料v. 油漆, (用颜料等)画, 绘, 描绘, 逼真地描述 英英解释:名词paint:1. a substance used as a coating to pro…