- [C]湖 a large area of water, especially non-salty water, surrounded by land
a body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land
a purplish red pigment prepared from lac or cochineal
any of numerous bright translucent organic pigments
- He fell into the lake.
- The garden reaches the lake.
- We crossed the lake in a canoe.
- I reached the gate that opened towards the lake.
- Anyone swimming in this lake does so at his own risk.
- The river fed into a lake.
- The lake was encircled by trees.
- I've just run out of crimson lake paint.
- Thousands of waterfowl breed round the lake and live off the fish.
- Every time I mentioned taking a swim in the lake he would make a face.
- The still water of the lake mirrored the hillside.
- The calm water in the lake invited us to swim.
- This is one of the streams that issue from the lake.
- We'd better get off the lake before the storm breaks, or we'll get soaked.
- Some leaves were floating about on the still lake.
- These small rivers feed into the lake.
- The beauty of the lake fetched her completely.
- He fished the lake all day and caught nothing.
- This lake has been fished out, let's try the river.
- The waves dashed the shore of the lake.
- The wind made the lake waters billow onto the beach.
- On holidays the lake in the park is often blocked by pleasure boats.
- The fence is intended to keep traffic away from the lake shore.
- The smooth surface of the lake reflected the lights of houses.
- The river turns around the corner and suddenly opens out into a lake.
- I have always wanted to live on an island in the middle of a lake.
- It was so hot that we all peeled off and jumped into Lake Michigan.
- Lake Erie is filling with the heavy rain.
- The windows open on a beautiful view of the Kunming Lake.
- clean lake 水很干净的湖
- deep lake 深湖
- dirty lake 水很肮脏的湖
- dry lake 干涸的湖
- lovely lake 可爱的湖泊
- the Great Lakes (北美)五大湖
- pleasure lake 供游览的湖泊
One very severe winter the lake froze right over its eastern end.出自： Juliette Huxley
A great dark lake of male rage.出自： fig.
- lake, pond, pool, puddle
- We fed the ducks and geese in the pond.我们在这池塘中养鸭和鹅。
- There was a fish pond near the shady tree.在绿荫如盖的树旁有一个鱼塘。
- After the rain, there were little pools of water in the garden.下雨后,花园里有些小水塘。
- There are a lot of puddles in the road after rain.雨后路面上有许多泥水坑。
- 2.就面积而言, lake>pond>pool>puddle。
- ☆ 12世纪初期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的lacus，意为湖。