- [C]湖 a large area of water, especially non-salty water, surrounded by land
- a body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land
- a purplish red pigment prepared from lac or cochineal
- any of numerous bright translucent organic pigments
- He fell into the lake.
- The garden reaches the lake.
- We crossed the lake in a canoe.
- I reached the gate that opened towards the lake.
- Anyone swimming in this lake does so at his own risk.
- The river fed into a lake.
- I've just run out of crimson lake paint.
Thousands of waterfowl breed round the lake and live off the fish.
Every time I mentioned taking a swim in the lake he would make a face.
The still water of the lake mirrored the hillside.
The calm water in the lake invited us to swim.
This is one of the streams that issue from the lake.
We'd better get off the lake before the storm breaks, or we'll get soaked.
Some leaves were floating about on the still lake.
These small rivers feed into the lake.
The beauty of the lake fetched her completely.
He fished the lake all day and caught nothing.
This lake has been fished out, let's try the river.
The waves dashed the shore of the lake.
The wind made the lake waters billow onto the beach.
On holidays the lake in the park is often blocked by pleasure boats.
The fence is intended to keep traffic away from the lake shore.
The smooth surface of the lake reflected the lights of houses.
The river turns around the corner and suddenly opens out into a lake.
I have always wanted to live on an island in the middle of a lake.
It was so hot that we all peeled off and jumped into Lake Michigan.
Lake Erie is filling with the heavy rain.
The windows open on a beautiful view of the Kunming Lake.
- clean lake 水很干净的湖
- deep lake 深湖
- dirty lake 水很肮脏的湖
- dry lake 干涸的湖
- lovely lake 可爱的湖泊
- the Great Lakes (北美)五大湖
- pleasure lake 供游览的湖泊
One very severe winter the lake froze right over its eastern end.出自：Juliette Huxley
A great dark lake of male rage.出自：fig.
- lake, pond, pool, puddle
这组词的共同意思是“湖”“池塘”“水坑”。其区别在于：1.lake的意思是“湖”,一般指大面积的流动水域,船舶可在上面航行;pond的意思是“水池”,多为人工开凿而成,用于养鸭、养鱼之用。例如:We fed the ducks and geese in the pond.我们在这池塘中养鸭和鹅。There was a fish pond near the shady tree.在绿荫如盖的树旁有一个鱼塘。pool的意思是“水塘”,指小面积且水流慢的水域。例如:After the rain, there were little pools of water in the garden.下雨后,花园里有些小水塘。puddle的意思是“水坑”,多指由于地面不平而形成积水的坑。例如:There are a lot of puddles in the road after rain.雨后路面上有许多泥水坑。2.就面积而言, lake>pond>pool>puddle。
- ☆ 12世纪初期进英入语，直接源自拉丁语的lacus，意为湖。
- lake:lake n. 湖…