- [U]上油漆; 绘画艺术 the act of painting; pictures
- [C]水彩画,油画 a painted picture
- graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface;
"a small painting by Picasso"
"he bought the painting as an investment"
"his pictures hang in the Louvre"
- creating a picture with paints;
"he studied painting and sculpture for many years"
- the act of applying paint to a surface;
"you can finish the job of painting faster with a roller than with a brush"
- the occupation of a house painter;
"house painting was the only craft he knew"
- The painting took his fancy, so he bought it.
- There are three paintings on the wall.
- That is an oil painting of a landscape in spring.
- He is a stranger to music and painting.
- Medieval painting is outside his province.
Do they teach painting at your school?
I always admire Monet's early painting.
He is good at painting.
What makes you think you are qualified as a judge of painting?
This painting portrays the death of Nelson.
The old painting was damaged in the flood and had to be painstakingly restored.
The painting looks better at a distance.
What pretty paintings you have on the wall there!
The experts studied the painting and decided it was a forgery.
What price would you quote me for that painting?
I have bought several old paintings.
Visitors are requested not to touch the paintings.
She dwelt at length upon the similarities of the two paintings.
The manager ornamented the hall with paintings.
His new work will take its place among the most important paintings of this century.
- collaborate on painting 合作画一幅画
- copy painting 模仿图画
- do painting 作画
- execute painting 创作一幅画
- exhibit painting 展出画作
- prize painting 给画定价
- restore painting 修补油画
- value painting 评价画作
- ancient painting 古画
- Chinese painting 中国画
- fake painting 假画
- famous painting 名画
- latest painting 最近的画作
- modern painting 现代画
- old painting 旧画
- priceless painting 珍贵的画
- 说“图片上”“画面上”用in the painting,不用on the painting。
- in the painting, on the painting
两者意思不同:on the painting表示“在画的上面”,指画的平面上有东西存在; 而in the painting指画面上的人或物,即画的内容。例如:The woman in the painting is his wife.画上的那个女人是他的妻子。There is a fly on the painting.一只苍蝇落在画面上。
- painting, drawing, photo, picture, portrait
这组词的共同意思是“画”。其区别是：drawing指“素描”或“工程图纸”。例如:This is a drawing in pencil.这是一幅铅笔素描。We produced a working drawing.我们绘制了一幅施工图。painting多指油画。例如:There are many paintings in the room.这间屋子里有很多油画。在表示水彩画时,用drawing或painting均可。例如:This is a water-colour drawing〔painting〕.这是一幅水彩画。photo指“照片”。例如:I have some photos taken in my hometown.我有一些在家乡拍的照片。picture指各种“画,照片或影片”。例如:He has collected some famous pictures.他收集了一些名画。May I take your picture?我可以为你拍张照片吗?Let's go and see a good picture.我们去看一部好电影吧。portrait指“(人物)肖像”。例如:This portrait looks real.这幅肖像简直像真的。
- My paints were in the car.
- My paintings were in the car.
- drawing illustration cartoon diagram picture sketch painting portrait
误 Mr. Green teaches us paintings.
正 Mr. Green teaches us painting.
- painting:painting n. 上油漆, 着色, 绘画, 油画v. 描绘习惯用语action painting 泼洒画(一种抽象派绘画)woolly painting 画面模糊的画…