- [U]上油漆; 绘画艺术 the act of painting; pictures
- [C]水彩画,油画 a painted picture
graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface;
"a small painting by Picasso"
"he bought the painting as an investment"
"his pictures hang in the Louvre"
creating a picture with paints;
"he studied painting and sculpture for many years"
the act of applying paint to a surface;
"you can finish the job of painting faster with a roller than with a brush"
the occupation of a house painter;
"house painting was the only craft he knew"
- The painting took his fancy, so he bought it.
- Looking at a beautiful painting always gives one satisfaction.
- There are three paintings on the wall.
- That is an oil painting of a landscape in spring.
- He is a stranger to music and painting.
- Medieval painting is outside his province.
- Do they teach painting at your school?
- I always admire Monet's early painting.
- He is good at painting.
- What makes you think you are qualified as a judge of painting?
- This painting portrays the death of Nelson.
- The old painting was damaged in the flood and had to be painstakingly restored.
- The painting looks better at a distance.
- What pretty paintings you have on the wall there!
- The experts studied the painting and decided it was a forgery.
- What price would you quote me for that painting?
- I have bought several old paintings.
- Visitors are requested not to touch the paintings.
- She dwelt at length upon the similarities of the two paintings.
- The manager ornamented the hall with paintings.
- His new work will take its place among the most important paintings of this century.
- collaborate on painting 合作画一幅画
- copy painting 模仿图画
- do painting 作画
- execute painting 创作一幅画
- exhibit painting 展出画作
- prize painting 给画定价
- restore painting 修补油画
- value painting 评价画作
- ancient painting 古画
- Chinese painting 中国画
- fake painting 假画
- famous painting 名画
- latest painting 最近的画作
- modern painting 现代画
- old painting 旧画
- priceless painting 珍贵的画
- 说“图片上”“画面上”用in the painting,不用on the painting。
- in the painting, on the painting
- 两者意思不同:on the painting表示“在画的上面”,指画的平面上有东西存在; 而in the painting指画面上的人或物,即画的内容。例如:
- The woman in the painting is his wife.画上的那个女人是他的妻子。
- There is a fly on the painting.一只苍蝇落在画面上。
- painting, drawing, photo, picture, portrait
- This is a drawing in pencil.这是一幅铅笔素描。
- We produced a working drawing.我们绘制了一幅施工图。
- There are many paintings in the room.这间屋子里有很多油画。
- This is a water-colour drawing〔painting〕.这是一幅水彩画。
- I have some photos taken in my hometown.我有一些在家乡拍的照片。
- He has collected some famous pictures.他收集了一些名画。
- May I take your picture?我可以为你拍张照片吗?
- Let's go and see a good picture.我们去看一部好电影吧。
- This portrait looks real.这幅肖像简直像真的。
- My paints were in the car.
- My paintings were in the car.
误 Mr. Green teaches us paintings.
正 Mr. Green teaches us painting.