cause to open or to become open;
"Mary opened the car door"
"an opportunity opened up"
"This opens up new possibilities"
open up an area or prepare a way;
"She pioneered a graduate program for women students"
start to operate or function or cause to start operating or functioning;
"open a business"
"The door opened"
talk freely and without inhibition
- You can open the can by pulling the tab.
- I opened the window after I got up.
- They decided to open up the island for cultivation.
- Is Open Source a Good Career Bet for Developers?
- The future will open out bright prospects for us.
- The universe is slowly yielding up its secrets.
- I believe he has started reading up anthropology.
- Let's start in and clean up the kitchen.
- We shall lay open all their secret plans.
- The newspaper loves to dig up scandals.
- To reform we need to continue to open up.
- The plant's first buds will open soon.
- open up 打开