- [C]分钟 one of the 60 parts into which an hour is divided
- [S]瞬间,很短的时间 a very short space of time
- [S]此时此刻,立刻 exact point of time; instant
- [C]分; 一度之六十分之一 one of 60 part into which a degree of angle is divided
- [C]正式记录; 备忘录 official note that records a decision or comment, or gives authority for sth to be done
- [P]会议记录 brief summary or record of what is said and decided at a meeting, especially of a society or committee
- vt. 把…记录在案 make a note of (sth) in the minutes of a meeting
- vt. 为…测定时间 measure the time for sth
- 极小的; 极少的 very small in size or amount
- 极详细的; 准确的,精确的 very detailed; accurate or precise
- a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour;
"he ran a 4 minute mile"
- an indefinitely short time;
"wait just a moment"
"in a mo"
"it only takes a minute"
"in just a bit"
- a particular point in time;
"the moment he arrived the party began"
- a unit of angular distance equal to a 60th of a degree
- a short note;
"the secretary keeps the minutes of the meeting"
- distance measured by the time taken to cover it;
"we live an hour from the airport"
"its just 10 minutes away"
- infinitely or immeasurably small;
"two minute whiplike threads of protoplasm"
"reduced to a microscopic scale"
- characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination;
"a minute inspection of the grounds"
"a narrow scrutiny"
"an exact and minute report"
- The park is only five minutes from downtown.
- She has the habit of making a minute of daily businesses.
- He took down the minutes in shorthand.
- I remembered in minute detail everything that had happened.
- Our lawyer went over the contract in minute detail.
- Have you minuted what I have just said?
It's only several minutes from here to the cinema.
The smaller of its hands occasionally slipped round on the pivot, and thus, though the minutes were told with precision, nobody could be quite certain of the hour they belonged to.
A policeman could meet danger any minute of his working day.
She hesitated for a minute and stood while a tear or two splashed on the worn red carpet.
At that very minute, he opened the door.
The exact measurement of this angle is 90 degrees 40 minutes, which can be written as 90° 40′.
Before the meeting started its work, the minutes of the last meeting were read out.
He minuted the procedure of the meeting.
She is minuting a race.
I should like my observation to be minuted.
I want my disagreement to be minuted.
There were minute differences between the two copies.
The doctor made a minute study of the illness.
The detective studied the fingerprints in the minutest detail.
She is a minute observer.
The area affected is very minute.
The scratch was too minute to see almost.
His writing is so minute that it's difficult to read.
- at any minute
很快,马上 likely to happen very soon
He will be here at any minute. 他很快就会到这里来。
任何时候 at any time
An explosion will probably occur at any minute. 炸弹随时可能爆炸。
- 很快,马上 likely to happen very soon
- at the last minute
在紧要关头 at very important time
Labour Secretary Wirtz stepped in at the last minute to halt a strike which threatened opening day at the ball park. 在紧要关头,劳工部长沃兹进来干预,制止了给棒球场开幕造成威胁的罢工。
- 在紧要关头 at very important time
- half a minute
片刻 very short time
I won't keep on waiting more than half a minute. 我不会让你久等的。
- 片刻 very short time
- in a minute
马上,立刻 immediately; right now
One of the boys upset the oil-lamp and in a minute the whole room was in a blaze. 一个孩子打翻了煤油灯,一下子整个房间着火了。
Ask him into the drawing-room,I'll be there in a minute. 把他请到客厅里,我一会儿就来。
- 马上,立刻 immediately; right now
- just a minute
稍等片刻 wait for a short time
Just a minute!Let me put your tie straight. 请等等!我帮你正正领带。
- 稍等片刻 wait for a short time
- just this minute
刚才,方才 a moment ago; just
Don't trample mud from your shoes on to the floor; I've just this minute swept it. 不要把你鞋上的泥踩在地板上,我刚才扫过地。
- 刚才,方才 a moment ago; just
- the minute(that)...
一…就 as long as...
I'll tell him the minute (that) he gets there. 他一到,我就告诉他。
I knew him the minute I saw him. 我一见他就知道是他。
The minute I saw you I knew you were angry with me. 一看到你,我就知道你在生我的气。
- 一…就 as long as...
- there's one born every minute
愚蠢的人太多了; 太傻了 there are many foolish people
Bernard paid much more for his car than it is really worth—there's one born every minute! 伯纳德付的钱远远超过这辆车的价值,真是太蠢了!
- 愚蠢的人太多了; 太傻了 there are many foolish people
- to the minute
一分不差; 恰好 exactly
The train arrived at 9：05 to the minute. 火车在9时零5分准时到达。
- 一分不差; 恰好 exactly
- at this minute 此刻
- for a minute 一会儿
- in a minute 马上
- in ten minutes 十分钟之内
- on the minute 准时
- to the minute 一分不差
- up to the minute 最近
- minute a race 为赛跑测时
- minute sb's observation 记录某人的看法
- minute sb's suggestion 记录某人的建议
- minute the procedure of the meeting 对会议议程做记录
- minute description 详细的描述
- minute differences 微小的差别
- minute examination 详细的检查
- minute inquiry 详细的调查
- minute inspection 详细的视察
- minute observer 细心的观察者
- minute particles of gold dust 金沙中的微粒
- minute quantities of lead 微量的铅
- minute study 详细的研究
- minute to tediousness 详细到令人厌烦的程度
Such minute type that you would have to search for it with a magnifying glass.出自：R. K. Narayan
- minute, moment
- minute, microscopic, miniature
这三个单词都可指“小的”。miniature通常指虽小但无需借助工具就能看得见、看清楚的; microscopic指“微小的”,不借助工具(如放大镜、显微镜等)就看不见或看不清的; minute指体积小的、量少的、难以察觉的,还可指某种东西微不足道、毫无价值的,一旦被认识其内在的价值,则需人们小心、认真对待的。
- little small tiny minute miniature
误 He will come to give me his hand in the minute.
正 He will come to give me his hand in a minute.
析 表示“马上,立刻”,应该说in a minute,而不是in the minute,其中的不定冠词不能改成定冠词。
误 All I wanted was a few minutes of rest.
正 All I wanted was a few minutes' rest.
析 时间短语作定语,其所有格通常用 -s' 或 -'s形式,不用 of。
误 He arrived at exactly three past.
正 He arrived at exactly three minutes past.
析 如非逢5逢10等整数, minute一般不省略。
误 Five minutes are not a long time to complete this exercise.
正 Five minutes is not a long time to complete this exercise.
误 Who will take the minute of the meeting?
正 Who will take the minutes of the meeting?
- ☆ 14世纪晚期英进入语，直接源自古法语的minut；最初源自古典拉丁语的minuta，意为小的，琐屑的。
- minute:简介 Minute()功能得到时间值中的分钟，有效值在00～59之间。语法Minute( time) 参数time time类型的值返回值Integer。函数执行成功时得到time参数中的分钟（00…