- [C]形象,概念 a picture formed in the mind
- [C]镜像,影像,图像 a picture formed of an object in front of a mirror
- [C]印象 the general opinion about a person, organization
- [S]酷似的人〔物〕,翻版 a copy
- [S]比喻,引喻,明喻 a phrase giving an idea of sth in a poetical form
- [C]外形,外表,模样 likeness
- an iconic mental representation;
"her imagination forced images upon her too awful to contemplate"
- (Jungian psychology) a personal facade that one presents to the world;
"a public image is as fragile as Humpty Dumpty"
- a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface;
"they showed us the pictures of their wedding"
"a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
- a standard or typical example;
"he is the prototype of good breeding"
"he provided America with an image of the good father"
- language used in a figurative or nonliteral sense
- someone who closely resembles a famous person (especially an actor);
"he could be Gingrich's double"
"she's the very image of her mother"
- (mathematics) the set of values of the dependent variable for which a function is defined;
"the image of f(x) = x^2 is the set of all non-negative real numbers if the domain of the function is the set of all real numbers"
- the general impression that something (a person or organization or product) presents to the public;
"although her popular image was contrived it served to inspire music and pageantry"
"the company tried to project an altruistic image"
- a representation of a person (especially in the form of sculpture);
"the coin bears an effigy of Lincoln"
"the emperor's tomb had his image carved in stone"
- render visible, as by means of MRI
- imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind;
"I can't see him on horseback!"
"I can see what will happen"
"I can see a risk in this strategy"
- We have an image of the U.S. as a very rich country.
- How can we improve our image?
- Her image rose before him.
- You can add an Image control to display an image.
- The coin bore an image of the president.
- The image in the mirror reflects his mood.
- She is a reflection of eternal light, a spotless mirror of God's action and an image of his goodness.
- Cicada can not image the scene of Spring, which it has never seen.
- Image life as a game in which you are playing some five balls in the air.
- This colour-enhanced image depicts a taste bud on the tongue.
- The northern end of their image corresponds to one of the radar-imaged seas.
The company tries to project an image of being innovative and progressive.
She looked at her image in the mirror.
I have this image of you as always being cheerful and optimistic.
He's the very image of his father.
The writer used the image of corn silk to describe the girl's hair.
According to the Bible , man was made in the image of God.
- image of sb 〔sth 〕 是…的翻版
And he sayth unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?出自：Bible (AV): Matthew
The floor of the vault was covered with images removed from buildings.出自：S. Spender
We image to ourselves the Tarpeian Rock as a tremendous precipice.出自：J. Moore
- image:image n. 图象, 肖像, 偶像, 形象化的比喻, 极为相象, 映像, 典型vt. 想象, 作...的像, 反映, 象征 英英解释:名词image:1. an iconic mental rep…