- 打扫（灰尘） ，扫除灰尘
- [U]灰尘,尘土,尘埃 fine dry powder consisting of particles of earth, dirt, etc.
- [U]遗骸 remains of a dead person
- vt. & vi. 拂(一拂),掸(一掸) clear of dust by wiping, clear furniture, etc. of dust
- vt. 撒(粉)于 cover with dust or fine powder
- fine powdery material such as dry earth or pollen that can be blown about in the air;
"the furniture was covered with dust"
- the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up
- free microscopic particles of solid material;
"astronomers say that the empty space between planets actually contains measurable amounts of dust"
- remove the dust from;
"dust the cabinets"
- rub the dust over a surface so as to blur the outlines of a shape;
"The artist dusted the charcoal drawing down to a faint image"
- cover with a light dusting of a substance;
"dust the bread with flour"
- distribute loosely;
"He scattered gun powder under the wagon"
- The mirror is covered with a film of dust.
- A thick layer of dust lay on the furniture.
- The truck left clouds of dust in its wake.
- She knocks the dust out of her coat.
- The amount of the industrial dust is rather large.
- Mum dusted the pan with flour.
- It's dusty so we have to dust every day.
What a dust!
The speeding car on the dirt road raised a great dust.
The air was full of dust after the cars passed.
The best way to lay the dust is to damp the floor down, and then rub it all over with a piece of cloth.
Her eyes were watering from dust.
His clothes were covered with dust.
The girl washed the dust off the table.
A great cloud of dust boiled up past the windows.
Rain turns dust into mud.
She married for love and the love turned to dust.
The most wildly romantic adventures all turned into dust and ashes.
Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, if God won't have him the Devil must.
The ancient empire was crushed and humbled to the dust.
She dusts every day.
Dust your hat.
Please dust all the books on the bottom shelf.
He dusted the books as he took them from the shelf.
She dusts furniture every day.
He dusted all the furniture and then polished it.
She dusted the TV set carefully.
She dusted the radio lightly.
Dust the crumbs from your lap.
The airplane dusted an insecticide on the crops.
The cook dusted the cake with sugar.
The nurse dusted powder over the baby.
She put on lipstick and dusted her face with powder.
- bite the dust
倒地而死 fall down dead
Another gangster bit the dust. 又一名匪徒被打死。
被打败,被拒绝 be defeated or rejected
Another good idea bites the dust. 又一个好主意被拒绝了。
Most of my family had to stop working because of illness that winter—I was not the only one to bite the dust. 那年冬天我们家大多数人都病倒了,只得停止工作——我并不是家里唯一病倒的人。
- 倒地而死 fall down dead
- kick up〔raise〕 a dust
引起骚乱 make a dust
Everyone was kicking up a dust because the trains were running late. 由于火车晚点,大家七嘴八舌,议论纷纷。
- 引起骚乱 make a dust
- like gold dust
极其罕见 extremely rare
I'm looking for a first edition of the book but they're like gold dust—I can't find one anywhere. 我正在寻找这本书的第一版本,但它们极少见——我什么地方也找不到。
- 极其罕见 extremely rare
- not see sb for dust
跑得连影子也看不到 be unable to see sb because he〔she〕 has left in a hurry
When I told the spectators the beer tent was open you couldn't see them for dust. 我告诉那些观众啤酒店仍然开着时,他们已经跑得无影无踪。
- 跑得连影子也看不到 be unable to see sb because he〔she〕 has left in a hurry
- shake the dust off one's feet
离开厌恶之处,但愿不再返回 leave a place one does not like, hoping not to return
After a year of misery here,I'm finally shaking the dust of this town off my feet. 我在这个市镇受了一年的罪,总算离开这里了。
I had lived in the town for four years and made no friends, so I decided to shake the dust off my feet and look for a job somewhere else. 在这个镇上住了四年也没交到朋友,于是我只好愤然离去到别处去另谋职业。
- 离开厌恶之处,但愿不再返回 leave a place one does not like, hoping not to return
- throw dust in sb's eyes
迷惑某人,蒙蔽某人 prevent sb from seeing the truth by misleading him
The accused had thrown dust in the eyes of the police by giving them a false alibi. 被告向警方提供伪证,以此转移了他们的视线。
- 迷惑某人,蒙蔽某人 prevent sb from seeing the truth by misleading him
- when the dust has settled
烟消云散,疑云散尽,愁云散尽 when the present uncertainty, unpleasantness, etc. is over
Now that the strike is over, we must form a management-staff committee when the dust has settled. 罢工已结束,我们必须在骚乱平息后建立职员管理委员会。
- 烟消云散,疑云散尽,愁云散尽 when the present uncertainty, unpleasantness, etc. is over
- dust down (v.+adv.)
把灰尘掸掉(或刷掉) make dust off dust oneself/sth ⇔ down
Dust yourself down.把你身上的土掸净。
She stood up and dusted herself down.她站起身来,掸去身上的灰尘。
They dusted down the whole house before they started decorating.在开始装饰之前,他们把整幢房子打扫了一遍。
- 把灰尘掸掉(或刷掉) make dust off dust oneself/sth ⇔ down
- dust off (v.+adv.)
掸(或拭去)灰尘 make sth clean dust sb/sth ⇔ off
Dust yourself off.把你身上的土掸净。
(长期搁置后)重新使用(或温习) use again after a stop a long time dust sth ⇔ off
Four years after he graduated from school,Tom decided to dust off his algebra books.毕业4年后,汤姆决定重温搁置已久的代数书。
迅速离开 leave rapidly dust off
She dusted off faster than a wind.她飞快地跑开了。
- 掸(或拭去)灰尘 make sth clean dust sb/sth ⇔ off
- collect dust 积累灰尘
- drive the dust 消除灰尘
- gather dust 积累灰尘
- kick up a dust 扬起灰尘
- make a dust 扬起灰尘
- raise dust 扬起尘埃,引起骚动
- remove dust 除去灰尘
- sweep up dust 扫除灰尘
- bite the dust 战死,负伤,失败
- eat dust 含垢忍辱
- kiss the dust 被制服,被杀死,卑躬屈膝
- lie in the dust 成为废墟,战死
- make the dust fly 干得卖力,动得迅速
- throw dust in sb's eyes 蒙蔽某人,迷惑某人
- dust animatedly 用力地掸
- dust carefully 小心翼翼地掸
- dust furiously 生气地掸
- dust industriously 勤掸
- dust lightly 轻轻地掸
- dust listlessly 无力地掸
- dust vigorously 有力地掸
There wasn't one chip, one scratch, one speck of dust anywhere.出自：J. Braine
The peppering of red road dust on the old man's hat.出自：E. Welty
Drought had..dried the soil to a fine grey dust, that now rose up on every wind.出自：U. Le Guin
We go out..and dust our feet along its thoroughfares.出自：J. A. Froude
- ☆ 13世纪进入英语，直接源自古英语的usdt，意为灰尘，尘土。
- clean up收拾干净
- wipe down彻底擦
- wipe up擦净
- fine powder细粉
- DUST:Demand, Utility, Scarcity and Transferability (elements of value)需求、实用、稀缺和可移植性(元素的价值)
- DUST:Did You See That?你看到了吗?
- DUST:Drexel University Student Technicians德瑞索学院大学学生的技术人员
- dust:dust n. 灰尘, 尘土, 尘埃vt. 掸掉...上的灰尘, 撒糖于糕上 英英解释:名词dust:1. fine powdery material such as dry earth or pol…