- n. 用力擦洗；矮树；渺小之物
- v. 用力擦洗
- vt. & vi. 擦净 clean by rubbing hard, especially with a stiff brush, soap and water
- vt. 用刷子刷净 be cleaned by rubbing with or as with a brush
dense vegetation consisting of stunted trees or bushes
the act of cleaning a surface by rubbing it with a brush and soap and water
(of domestic animals) not selectively bred
clean with hard rubbing;
"She scrubbed his back"
"surgeons must scrub prior to an operation"
postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled;
"Call off the engagement"
"cancel the dinner party"
"we had to scrub our vacation plans"
"scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
- Give that floor a good hard scrub.
- The country is covered in scrub.
- We found the animal on a scrub hill.
- Although she scrubbed the old pot thoroughly, she could not make it look completely clean.
- The spilt ink won't scrub out easily.
- I'll have to scrub off all the oil muck.
- She's scrubbing the floor.
- John scrubbed the top of the wooden table.
- He scrubbed many unnecessary words in his manuscript.
- Have you scrubbed the pan clean?
- I have to scrub the walls clean on Saturday.
- scrub away (v.+adv.)
不停地擦〔刷〕,反复地擦〔刷〕 rub continuously or repeatedly
After scrubbing away for half an hour,I still couldn't get the mark off.
He's down on his knees, scrubbing away.
他跪在地板上,不停地擦洗着。scrub sth ⇔ away
Don't rub too hard with your cleaning brush or you could scrub the paint away!
- scrub down (v.+adv.)
擦〔刷〕干净 clean sth by rubbing
scrub sth ⇔ down
Would you like me to scrub your back down?
Scrub the walls down well before painting them.
- scrub off (v.+adv.)
洗掉 wash off
I got paint on my hands and it won't scrub off.
- scrub out (v.+adv.)
擦〔刷〕掉 remove sth by rubbing
scrub sth ⇔ out
Always scrub the tins out before using them again.
Can you scrub out that dirty mark on the wall?
Scrub out that last part of the message, the wording is not very polite.
The football game had to be scrubbed out because of the snowstorm.
- scrub round (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉取消,停止 cancel or stop
scrub sth ⇔ round
So few people came that we decided to scrub round the meeting and try again next week.
- scrub the floor 擦洗地板
- scrub the pan 把锅擦净
- scrub the top of the wooden table 把桌子面擦净
- scrub the walls 把墙刷洗干净
- scrub ceaselessly 不断地剔除
- scrub cleverly 巧妙地取消
- scrub diligently 大量地剔除
- scrub essentially 基本上擦净
- scrub grudgingly 勉强擦净
- scrub industriously 殷勤地剔除
- scrub methodically 有条理地剔除
- scrub ostensibly 表面上地取消
- scrub temporarily 临时取消
- scrub tirelessly 不知疲倦地剔除
- scrub unscrupulously 肆无忌惮地取消
- scrub vigorously 强有力地剔除
- scrub away 不停地擦
- scrub down 刷干净
- scrub off 洗掉
- scrub out 刷掉
- scrub round 取消
The banksia scrubs in and around the Perth district.出自：Emu
Disappearing in the grass towards a mass of dense scrub.出自： R. Campbell
Rene eyed May's house possessively. 'First thing..this gets a good scrub'.出自： K. Tennant
She sweated a lot and scrubbed her face impatiently with a handkerchief.出自： O. Manning
A fresh, scrubbed and shiny picture of Hawick.出自：Listener
Olga scrubbed the passage with a bar of soap every three weeks.出自： N. Lowndes