- 清洁的,干净的; 无病菌的,纯净的 free from dirt; free from bacteria or anything impure
- 新的,未用过的 fresh; not yet used
- 正派的; 诚实的; 纯洁的; 正大光明的 morally or sexually pure; fair or honest; not disobeying rules or laws
- 整齐的; 表面光滑的; 规则的; 匀称的 having a smooth edge or surface; even; regular
- 完全地,彻底地 completely
- vt. & vi. 使清洁; 变干净 make (sth) clean or free of dirt; become clean
- a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead
- free from dirt or impurities; or having clean habits;
"children with clean shining faces"
"clean white shirts"
"a spotlessly clean house"
"cats are clean animals"
- free of restrictions or qualifications;
"a clean bill of health"
"a clear winner"
- (of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims;
"efforts to obtain a clean bass in orchestral recordings"
"clear laughter like a waterfall"
"clear reds and blues"
"a light lilting voice like a silver bell"
- free from impurities;
- (of a record) having no marks of discredit or offense;
"a clean voting record"
"a clean driver's license"
- ritually clean or pure
- not spreading pollution or contamination; especially radioactive contamination;
"a clean fuel"
"cleaner and more efficient engines"
"the tactical bomb is reasonably clean"
- (of behavior or especially language) free from objectionable elements; fit for all observers;
"good clean fun"
"a clean joke"
- free from sepsis or infection;
"a clean (or uninfected) wound"
- morally pure;
"led a clean life"
- (of a manuscript) having few alterations or corrections;
"a clean manuscript"
- (of a surface) not written or printed on;
"fill in the blank spaces"
"a clean page"
"wide white margins"
- exhibiting or calling for sportsmanship or fair play;
"a clean fight"
"a sporting solution of the disagreement"
- without difficulties or problems;
"a clean test flight"
- thorough and without qualification;
"a clean getaway"
"a clean sweep"
"a clean break"
- not carrying concealed weapons
- free from clumsiness; precisely or deftly executed;
"he landed a clean left on his opponent's cheek"
"a clean throw"
"the neat exactness of the surgeon's knife"
- free of drugs;
"after a long dependency on heroin she has been clean for 4 years"
- completely; used as intensifiers;
"clean forgot the appointment"
"I'm plumb (or plum) tuckered out"
- in conformity with the rules or laws and without fraud or cheating;
"they played fairly"
- make clean by removing dirt, filth, or unwanted substances from;
"Clean the stove!"
"The dentist cleaned my teeth"
- remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits;
"Clean the turkey"
- clean and tidy up the house;
"She housecleans every week"
- clean one's body or parts thereof, as by washing;
"clean up before you see your grandparents"
"clean your fingernails before dinner"
- be cleanable;
"This stove cleans easily"
- deprive wholly of money in a gambling game, robbery, etc.;
"The other players cleaned him completely"
- remove all contents or possession from, or empty completely;
"The boys cleaned the sandwich platters"
"The trees were cleaned of apples by the storm"
- remove while making clean;
"Clean the spots off the rug"
- remove unwanted substances from
- remove shells or husks from;
"clean grain before milling it"
- You must keep your clothes clean.
- I'll let you use my bike on condition that you keep it clean.
- Mickey is a clean mouse right from the beginning.
- President Bush writes a personal letter to Kim, in essence entreating him to come clean on his nuclear program so we can proceed to full normalization.
- We want you to be a good boy, and live a clean, righteous life.
- I clean forgot about it.
- The housewife always keeps the sink clean.
- Clean clothes and good manners are prepossessing.
- The mayor is determined to clean up the city.
Cats are very clean animals.
Go down to my bedroom, and bring a clean shirt.
You must change into a clean dress before we go out.
I was brought a clean plate.
It was a clean room.
You'd better wrap a clean cloth around your wound in the arm till the wound closes.
Please fetch me a clean handkerchief from my bedroom.
A blunt knife won't make a clean cut.
It is good to suck in such clean fresh air for a change.
Don't worry about it; it's all good clean fun!
They demanded the establishment of a clean government.
Neither hand is clean.
The room is tidy and clean.
An unlaced shoe may be perfectly clean, but is not tidy.
His record is clean.
I'm not worried about the investigation because my hands are totally clean.
You should keep the machine thoroughly clean.
Be careful to keep your clothes clean.
I washed my sheet clean yesterday.
It's so nice to sponge myself down in a hot bath; it makes me feel so much cleaner.
Keep your language clean!
I clean forgot about it.
I clean forgot to ask him about it.
He clean forgot it was her birthday.
The room must be clean swept.
The plan didn't work because it cut clean across the will of the masses.
The arrow flew clean to the center of the target.
The prisoner got clean away and never seen again.
You are clean wrong.
To make such a portrait is clean impossible.
The new rifle cleans easily.
A porcelain sink cleans easily.
These pots clean easily.
I'm going to clean this morning.
Please don't leave your clothes lying about the room; it makes it difficult to clean.
Please clean the blackboard.
Use a moist, not damp cloth to clean the table.
He wrote some letters, then he cleaned the car.
She cleaned two of the bedrooms in the morning.
She spent a profitable day cleaning the house thoroughly.
She was beating the rug to clean it.
The worker's work is to clean the chimneys for people.
She cleans her nails with a nailbrush every week.
The kitchen was cleaned to perfection.
The house had been cleaned after a fashion.
Rice is gathered, cleaned and hulled before being sold.
- as clean as a whistle
非常干净的 very clean
I want you to wash these dishes until they're as clean as a whistle. 我要你把这些碟子洗得非常干净。
The feed-pipe is as clean as a whistle, so I'm afraid, if the oil is not getting through to the burner, the valve must be faulty. 送料管干干净净,所以我担心要是油不通过喷嘴,阀门一定有毛病。
- 非常干净的 very clean
- clean bill of health
健康证书 fit certificate
I just had a medical examination and the doctor gave me a clean bill of health. 我刚进行了体格检查,医生就给了我一份健康证书。
I've been off work but I've got a clean bill of health. 我虽然不工作了,可我搞到了一张健康证书。
无罪的证明 innocent certificate
The stranger was suspected in the bank robbery, but the police gave him a clean bill of health. 这陌生人有抢劫银行案的嫌疑,可是警方认为他与该案无关。
- 健康证书 fit certificate
- come clean
〈非正〉坦白承认 admit truthfully
When he was caught, the criminal had to come clean and tell the police about all his crimes. 那个罪犯被捕后供认不讳,向警方交代了一切罪行。
It's obvious you did it so you might as well come clean. 显而易见,那是你干的,因此你不妨全盘招供了。
- 〈非正〉坦白承认 admit truthfully
- keep one's nose clean
安分守己 stay out of trouble
That short prison sentence has done Wilfred good. He's come out and determined to keep his nose clean in future. 威尔弗雷德受到的短期监禁对他有好处,他出来后决定今后洗手不干。
If you don't learn how to keep your nose clean, you're going to end up in jail. 如果你不学会守法,你会进监狱的。
- 安分守己 stay out of trouble
- live a clean life
过正派清白的生活 be blameless
He's lived a clean life and as a result his conscience is completely untroubled. 他过着正派清白的生活,因此完全问心无愧。
- 过正派清白的生活 be blameless
- make a clean breast of
坦白交代 make a full confession of
He made a clean breast of the whole secret. 他把一切秘密全盘托出。
The police caught the hit-and-run driver and he made a clean breast of his crime. 警方抓住肇事逃逸的司机,他坦白交代了他的罪行。
Don't be evasive.You'd better make a clean breast of everything. 别躲躲闪闪的,你还是全盘托出的好。
We think lenient treatment should be accorded to those culprits who made a clean breast of their crimes. 我们认为,那些彻底交代罪行的罪犯,应得到从宽处理。
Arthur worried because he cheated on the test, and finally he went to the teacher and made a clean breast of it. 阿瑟心中很不安,因为他考试作弊了,最后他到老师那里坦白了。
- 坦白交代 make a full confession of
- make a clean sweep
彻底清除 dispose of (everything)
My roses got some sort of fungus infection so I decided to make a clean sweep and replace the lot with new healthy plants. 我的玫瑰花遭到真菌传染,因此我决定来一个彻底清除,用新的健壮的玫瑰来替代它们。
They made a clean sweep of their old furniture and replaced it with brand new pieces. 他们把旧家具全部扔掉,换成崭新的家具。
- 彻底清除 dispose of (everything)
- clean through
穿过,穿透 right through; without obstruction
The bullet went clean through his arm. 子弹一直穿过他的臂膀。
- 穿过,穿透 right through; without obstruction
- clean away( v.+adv. )
除去 remove (dirt, etc.) clean sth ⇔ away
Do you think we can clean away all these finger marks?你看我们能够把这些指痕统统去掉吗?
- 除去 remove (dirt, etc.) clean sth ⇔ away
- clean down( v.+adv. )
把…洗干净 wash out thoroughly clean sth ⇔ down
He spent a whole afternoon cleaning the whole house down.他花了一整个下午,把屋子彻底打扫了一下。
We were asked to clean down the walls when we left the house that we had been renting.离开租住的屋子时,主人要求我们把墙冲洗干净。
I'm going to clean down the car this afternoon.今天下午我要把车彻底清洗一下。
I want you to clean down the top of that wooden table until I can eat my dinner off it.我要你把那张木头桌子的桌面擦洗干净,直到我能在桌面上吃饭为止。
- 把…洗干净 wash out thoroughly clean sth ⇔ down
- clean of( v.+prep. )
把(斑点、污渍等)从(某物)上清除掉 wash (sth) clean of (marks, dirt, etc.) clean sth of sth
Can you clean the coat of these dirty marks?你能把这件外套上的污点洗掉吗?
She felt that it was hopeless to try to clean her hand of the blood.她感到她双手上的血迹是洗不干净的。
- 把(斑点、污渍等)从(某物)上清除掉 wash (sth) clean of (marks, dirt, etc.) clean sth of sth
- clean off( v.+adv. )
除去 remove (dirt, especially surface dirt) clean off
I hope these black marks will clean off.我希望这些黑斑点能除掉。clean sth ⇔ off
I hope I shall be able to clean off these black marks.我希望我能把这些黑斑点除掉。
- 除去 remove (dirt, especially surface dirt) clean off
- clean out( v.+adv. )
把(某物)腾空,清除 empty, tidy, or clean (sth) clean sth ⇔ out
He cleans out his desk drawers every now and then.他过些时候就把书桌里的抽屉清理一下。
Clean out your desk.把你桌子内部清扫一下。
打扫 make clean clean sb/sth ⇔ out
He cleaned out his room.他打扫了房间。
I need some to help in cleaning out the animal shelter.我需要有人帮助我把牲畜棚打扫一下。
Why don't you clean out your handbag?你为什么不把你的手提包收拾一下?
肃清 eliminate clean sb/sth ⇔ out
The manager cleaned out inefficient personnel.厂长把低效率人员精简掉了。clean sb/sth out of sth
The new mayor promised to clean the crooks out of the city government.新上任的市长答应肃清市政府中的不良分子。用于 be ～ed 结构
Inefficient personnel were cleaned out of the management.管理人员中办事效率不高的被清除了出去。
〈非正〉使…失去钱财; 使…耗尽资源 empty (a place) by robbing it (especially of money); leave sb without money clean sb/sth ⇔ out
We played cards and he cleaned me out.我们玩了纸牌,他把我的钱全赢光了。
I've no more savings now, buying the TV has cleaned me out.我现在一点存款也没有了,买电视机把我的钱花光了。
She cleaned out her savings in a short time.她在短时间内把全部积蓄都花光了。
The robbers cleaned the bank out, and got away with ￡100,000.强盗把银行洗劫一空,抢走了10万英镑。用于 be ～ed 结构
I'm cleaned out after last night's heavy spending.昨晚大手大脚地花钱,弄得我现在囊空如洗。
Another jeweler's was cleaned out of all its stock on Saturday night.星期六晚上,又一家珠宝店被洗劫一空。
离开 leave (usually in a hurry) clean out
The thieves took the jewels and then cleaned out.那些贼拿了首饰,匆匆而去。
- 把(某物)腾空,清除 empty, tidy, or clean (sth) clean sth ⇔ out
- clean up( v.+adv. )
打扫; 清理 free from a state of ruin clean up
This room needs cleaning up.这个房间需要打扫一下。
As soon as I finish cleaning up,I'll join you.打扫完毕我就来。
You should always clean up after a picnic.野餐后你们要收拾干净。clean up for sth
Boys and girls, clean up for dinner.孩子们,收拾干净准备开饭吧!clean sth ⇔ up
Let me clean up the broken glass before someone walks on it.我来把碎玻璃扫掉,以免有人踩上。
They are cleaning up the house before moving in.他们在搬进去之前正在屋子里大扫除。
He has cleaned up the room.他已经清扫了这屋子。
It's your turn to clean up the bedroom.这回轮到你打扫卧室了。
Tell him to clean the table up.叫他把桌子收拾干净。
He cleaned the paper and rubbish up on the floor.他把地上的废纸和脏东西收拾干净。
〈口〉赚钱,发财 make money clean sth ⇔ up
The brothers cleaned up a profit in the property market.那哥几个在房地产市场捞了一笔钱。
They cleaned up a tidy sum by selling their tickets at a high price just before the concert.在音乐会开始之前,他们高价出售门票,赚了不少钱。clean up on sth
The company cleaned up on its recent business arrangement.那家公司在最近的业务中赚了一笔钱。
在…进行扫荡; 消灭 eliminate remaining enemy resistance from; eliminate (enemy forces, etc.) clean sb/sth ⇔ up
They fought bravely to clean up the bandits.他们英勇作战以肃清土匪。
They left a company behind to clean up the last enemy positions.他们留下一个连来清除敌人最后的几处阵地。
痛打,击败 inflict a severe thrashing or decisive defeat on clean up on sb
The boxer cleaned up on his opponent.那位拳击手击败了他的对手。
Far from welcoming criticism, he did all he could to clean up on his critics.他根本不欢迎批评,相反,总是千方百计打击批评他的人。
对…作最后处理,结清 make final disposal of, settle clean sth ⇔ up
They clean up old debts.他们结清了旧债。
They clean up pending cases.他们处理完了悬而未决的案件。
整顿; 实行改革 reform; introduce reforms clean sth ⇔ up
The mayor tried to clean up the city, but to no avail. Criminal activities were still everywhere and the crime rate was still high.市长试图整顿那个城市,但未能奏效。犯罪活动仍很猖獗,犯罪率仍然很高。
(给自己)洗脸〔洗手,洗澡〕 get (oneself) washed clean up
Wait for me. I have to clean up.等等我,我必须洗洗手。
I'll have to clean up and change clothes before I go to that party.我必须洗个澡,换换衣服才去赴宴。
When he cleaned up, we could hardly recognize him.他清洗一番后我们几乎认不出他了。clean oneself up
Just give me ten minutes to clean myself up; I'm covered in oil.我浑身沾满了油污,给我十分钟时间让我洗一下。
- 打扫; 清理 free from a state of ruin clean up
- clean clothes 干净的衣服
- clean copy 誊清的稿件
- clean night 明亮的夜晚
- clean proof (印刷)清样
- clean sheet 干净的床单
- clean sweep 大胜,全胜
- clean a wall of paint 去掉墙上的油漆
- clean a wound 把伤口洗净
- clean fish 把鱼拾掇干净
- clean flues 打扫烟道
- clean fowl 把家禽拾掇干净
- clean game 把猎物拾掇干净
- clean grain 把谷物里的杂物去掉,扬场
- clean one's shoes 把鞋子刷干净
- clean the blackboard 把黑板擦干净
- clean the classroom 打扫教室
- clean the slate 勾销往事,了结义务
- clean vegetables 洗菜
- clean weapons 擦拭武器
- clean generally 大扫除
- clean indifferently 漫不经心地打扫
- clean industriously 勤劳地清理
- clean orally 口头上清理
- clean passably 擦得尚干净
- clean scientifically 有条理地打扫
- clean spotlessly 极为清洁
- clean thoroughly 彻底弄干净
- clean away 清除
- clean down 刷干净
- clean down the dirt 扫下脏东西
- clean off 清除
- clean off a blackboard 把黑板擦干净
- clean out 清理,清除,除掉
- clean out one's desk drawers 清理书桌的抽屉
- clean out the animal shelter 清理畜生棚
- clean out the store 将商店洗劫一空
- clean up a city 清扫城市
- clean up on 胜过,击败
- clean up the movies 清除电影中的色情镜头
All of Diamond perfect pure and cleene.出自：Spenser
- clean用作形容词的基本意思是“清洁的,干净的”,指实际上无污垢的人或物,也可作“新的,未用过的”“正派的; 诚实的; 纯洁的; 正大光明的”“整齐的; 表面光滑的; 规则的; 匀称的”等解。
- clean用作动词的基本意思是“使清洁; 变干净”,指通过洗、扫、掸等手段以清除异物,引申可作“清扫”解。
- clean of表示“洗去…”; 接out,可以表示“打垮”,为美国俚语; 接up作“收拾整洁; 打扫,整顿”解,后面可以接要被清扫掉的物体,也可以接要使之干净、整洁的对象,在口语中,可以表示“发财”。
Sophia cleaned two of the bedrooms in the morning.索菲娅在早晨把这些卧室中的两间打 扫得干干净净。All that night I was cleaning Owen's en- gine.那一整夜我都在清洗欧文的引擎。
- clean, cleanly
这两个形容词的共同意思是“干净的”“整洁的”“整齐的”。其区别在于:clean意为“干净的”“清洁的”,强调没有尘污,从没用过或清洗后还没用过等情况,强调的是即时状态; cleanly强调某物是“一贯清洁的”,某人是“爱清洁的”,强调的是“经常性”。例如:It was a cleanly house.这是一间一直很清洁的房子。
- clean, tidy
这两个形容词的共同意思是“干净的”“整洁的”“整齐的”。其区别在于:clean指没有尘污,从没用过或清洗后还没用过等情况; tidy表示整齐、有秩序、井井有条,也指有清洁习惯或把一间小屋子布置得清清爽爽。例如:He is very tidy and never goes out without combing his hair.他很爱整洁,每次外出都要梳理一下头发。
- clean, clear
clear和clean的意思不同。clear的意思是“清澈”,指没有什么障碍物挡住视线;而clean的意思是“清洁的”。clear water意思是“清澈的水”,表示一眼望到底;而clean water意思是“清洁的水”,吃了不会生病。clean能修饰classroom等不透明物,而clear不能。
- clean, cleanly
clean和cleanly用作副词时意思并不相同,前者意为“完全地,彻底”,后者则是“干净利落地”“准确无误地”。例如:He caught the ball cleanly.他准确地接住了球。The knife doesn't cut cleanly through the meat.这刀切肉不利落。
- clean, cleanse
- clean, sweep, wipe
这三个词都有“清理,清扫”的意思。其区别是：sweep用在“打扫房间,拖擦地板”的场合,含有“扫在一起后把它清除掉”的意味; clean指“擦洗,去掉污垢”,并不注重采用何种手段; wipe多指“用布轻轻地”擦。
- clean a bedroom 把卧室打扫干净
- clean down a bedroom 彻底打扫卧室
- clean out a bedroom 把卧室弄干净
- clean up a bedroom 把卧室收拾整齐
- clean clear sweep dust mop wipe scrub
- clean cleanse
- clean:clean意思是“使洁净”、“把...去垢”（to make clean by washing，dusting，sweeping or brushing）。如：to clean a dress，room，hand，shoe，watch等。
- Please clean your shoes.
- He cleaned the floor with water.
- I have got my watch cleaned in a watch-shop.
- cleanse:cleanse意思是“清洗干净”，“使...纯洁”（to make thoroughly clean or make pure）。为此，cleanse含有“彻底洗清”之意味，语义比clean强得多。clean和cleanse的另一区别是前者为一般用语；后者是正式的（formal）或古旧的用语，有时它还能用于比喻意义，例如to cleanse one's soul洗涤心灵；to cleanse the heart of sin 洗心革面；ethnic cleansing 种族清洗/灭绝。
- We have cleansed the garden of weeds.
- She bought some detergent and antiseptic from a dyeing and cleansing store.
- You must cleanse your heart and soul.
- Cleansed of guilt by atonement，he felt light of heart again.
- That tribe is facing ethnic cleansing．
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ncle，意为清洁，纯洁。
- adj.(形容词) clear dustless immaculate unsoiled unstained
- adv.(副词) completely entirely
- v.(动词) cleanse dust mop rinse scour sweep vacuum wash wipe decontaminate purify sterilize
- clean:clean adj. 清洁的, 干净的, 清白的v. 打扫, 使干净, 清扫习惯用语be cleaned out 把钱花光； 输光cut clean through 穿透give it a clean…