- adj. 干净的；纯洁的；完全的；空白的；正当的；精准的
- adv. 完全地
- n. 清洁
- v. 打扫；清扫；擦，刷
- 清洁的,干净的; 无病菌的,纯净的 free from dirt; free from bacteria or anything impure
- 新的,未用过的 fresh; not yet used
- 正派的; 诚实的; 纯洁的; 正大光明的 morally or sexually pure; fair or honest; not disobeying rules or laws
- 整齐的; 表面光滑的; 规则的; 匀称的 having a smooth edge or surface; even; regular
- 完全地,彻底地 completely
- vt. & vi. 使清洁; 变干净 make (sth) clean or free of dirt; become clean
a weightlift in which the barbell is lifted to shoulder height and then jerked overhead
free from dirt or impurities; or having clean habits;
"children with clean shining faces"
"clean white shirts"
"a spotlessly clean house"
"cats are clean animals"
free of restrictions or qualifications;
"a clean bill of health"
"a clear winner"
(of sound or color) free from anything that dulls or dims;
"efforts to obtain a clean bass in orchestral recordings"
"clear laughter like a waterfall"
"clear reds and blues"
"a light lilting voice like a silver bell"
free from impurities;
(of a record) having no marks of discredit or offense;
"a clean voting record"
"a clean driver's license"
ritually clean or pure
not spreading pollution or contamination; especially radioactive contamination;
"a clean fuel"
"cleaner and more efficient engines"
"the tactical bomb is reasonably clean"
(of behavior or especially language) free from objectionable elements; fit for all observers;
"good clean fun"
"a clean joke"
free from sepsis or infection;
"a clean (or uninfected) wound"
"led a clean life"
(of a manuscript) having few alterations or corrections;
"a clean manuscript"
(of a surface) not written or printed on;
"fill in the blank spaces"
"a clean page"
"wide white margins"
exhibiting or calling for sportsmanship or fair play;
"a clean fight"
"a sporting solution of the disagreement"
without difficulties or problems;
"a clean test flight"
thorough and without qualification;
"a clean getaway"
"a clean sweep"
"a clean break"
not carrying concealed weapons
free from clumsiness; precisely or deftly executed;
"he landed a clean left on his opponent's cheek"
"a clean throw"
"the neat exactness of the surgeon's knife"
free of drugs;
"after a long dependency on heroin she has been clean for 4 years"
completely; used as intensifiers;
"clean forgot the appointment"
"I'm plumb (or plum) tuckered out"
in conformity with the rules or laws and without fraud or cheating;
"they played fairly"
make clean by removing dirt, filth, or unwanted substances from;
"Clean the stove!"
"The dentist cleaned my teeth"
remove unwanted substances from, such as feathers or pits;
"Clean the turkey"
clean and tidy up the house;
"She housecleans every week"
clean one's body or parts thereof, as by washing;
"clean up before you see your grandparents"
"clean your fingernails before dinner"
"This stove cleans easily"
deprive wholly of money in a gambling game, robbery, etc.;
"The other players cleaned him completely"
remove all contents or possession from, or empty completely;
"The boys cleaned the sandwich platters"
"The trees were cleaned of apples by the storm"
remove while making clean;
"Clean the spots off the rug"
remove unwanted substances from
remove shells or husks from;
"clean grain before milling it"
- You must keep your clothes clean.
- I'll let you use my bike on condition that you keep it clean.
- Mickey is a clean mouse right from the beginning.
- President Bush writes a personal letter to Kim, in essence entreating him to come clean on his nuclear program so we can proceed to full normalization.
- We want you to be a good boy, and live a clean, righteous life.
- I clean forgot about it.
- The housewife always keeps the sink clean.
- Clean clothes and good manners are prepossessing.
- Please clean the window as I can hardly see out.
- The mayor is determined to clean up the city.
- Cats are very clean animals.
- Go down to my bedroom, and bring a clean shirt.
- You must change into a clean dress before we go out.
- I was brought a clean plate.
- It was a clean room.
- You'd better wrap a clean cloth around your wound in the arm till the wound closes.
- Please fetch me a clean handkerchief from my bedroom.
- A blunt knife won't make a clean cut.
- It is good to suck in such clean fresh air for a change.
- Don't worry about it; it's all good clean fun!
- They demanded the establishment of a clean government.
- Neither hand is clean.
- The room is tidy and clean.
- An unlaced shoe may be perfectly clean, but is not tidy.
- His record is clean.
- I'm not worried about the investigation because my hands are totally clean.
- You should keep the machine thoroughly clean.
- Be careful to keep your clothes clean.
- I washed my sheet clean yesterday.
- It's so nice to sponge myself down in a hot bath; it makes me feel so much cleaner.
- Keep your language clean!
- I clean forgot about it.
- I clean forgot to ask him about it.
- He clean forgot it was her birthday.
- The room must be clean swept.
- The plan didn't work because it cut clean across the will of the masses.
- The arrow flew clean to the center of the target.
- The prisoner got clean away and never seen again.
- You are clean wrong.
- To make such a portrait is clean impossible.
- The new rifle cleans easily.
- A porcelain sink cleans easily.
- These pots clean easily.
- I'm going to clean this morning.
- Please don't leave your clothes lying about the room; it makes it difficult to clean.
- Please clean the blackboard.
- Use a moist, not damp cloth to clean the table.
- He wrote some letters, then he cleaned the car.
- She cleaned two of the bedrooms in the morning.
- She spent a profitable day cleaning the house thoroughly.
- She was beating the rug to clean it.
- The worker's work is to clean the chimneys for people.
- She cleans her nails with a nailbrush every week.
- The kitchen was cleaned to perfection.
- The house had been cleaned after a fashion.
- Rice is gathered, cleaned and hulled before being sold.
- as clean as a whistle
非常干净的 very clean
- clean bill of health
无罪的证明 innocent certificate
- come clean
〈非正〉坦白承认 admit truthfully
- keep one's nose clean
安分守己 stay out of trouble
- live a clean life
过正派清白的生活 be blameless
- make a clean breast of
坦白交代 make a full confession of
- make a clean sweep
彻底清除 dispose of (everything)
- clean through
穿过,穿透 right through; without obstruction
- clean away( v.+adv. )
除去 remove (dirt, etc.)
clean sth ⇔ away
Do you think we can clean away all these finger marks?
- clean down( v.+adv. )
把…洗干净 wash out thoroughly
clean sth ⇔ down
He spent a whole afternoon cleaning the whole house down.
We were asked to clean down the walls when we left the house that we had been renting.
I'm going to clean down the car this afternoon.
I want you to clean down the top of that wooden table until I can eat my dinner off it.
- clean of( v.+prep. )
把(斑点、污渍等)从(某物)上清除掉 wash (sth) clean of (marks, dirt, etc.)
clean sth of sth
Can you clean the coat of these dirty marks?
She felt that it was hopeless to try to clean her hand of the blood.
- clean off( v.+adv. )
除去 remove (dirt, especially surface dirt)
I hope these black marks will clean off.
我希望这些黑斑点能除掉。clean sth ⇔ off
I hope I shall be able to clean off these black marks.
- clean out( v.+adv. )
离开 leave (usually in a hurry)
clean sth ⇔ out
He cleans out his desk drawers every now and then.
Clean out your desk.
把你桌子内部清扫一下。clean sb/sth ⇔ out
He cleaned out his room.
I need some to help in cleaning out the animal shelter.
Why don't you clean out your handbag?
你为什么不把你的手提包收拾一下?clean sb/sth ⇔ out
The manager cleaned out inefficient personnel.
厂长把低效率人员精简掉了。clean sb/sth out of sth
The new mayor promised to clean the crooks out of the city government.
Inefficient personnel were cleaned out of the management.
管理人员中办事效率不高的被清除了出去。clean sb/sth ⇔ out
We played cards and he cleaned me out.
I've no more savings now, buying the TV has cleaned me out.
She cleaned out her savings in a short time.
The robbers cleaned the bank out, and got away with ￡100,000.
I'm cleaned out after last night's heavy spending.
Another jeweler's was cleaned out of all its stock on Saturday night.
The thieves took the jewels and then cleaned out.
- clean up( v.+adv. )
(给自己)洗脸〔洗手,洗澡〕 get (oneself) washed
This room needs cleaning up.
As soon as I finish cleaning up,I'll join you.
You should always clean up after a picnic.
野餐后你们要收拾干净。clean up for sth
Boys and girls, clean up for dinner.
孩子们,收拾干净准备开饭吧!clean sth ⇔ up
Let me clean up the broken glass before someone walks on it.
They are cleaning up the house before moving in.
He has cleaned up the room.
It's your turn to clean up the bedroom.
Tell him to clean the table up.
He cleaned the paper and rubbish up on the floor.
他把地上的废纸和脏东西收拾干净。clean sth ⇔ up
The brothers cleaned up a profit in the property market.
They cleaned up a tidy sum by selling their tickets at a high price just before the concert.
在音乐会开始之前,他们高价出售门票,赚了不少钱。clean up on sth
The company cleaned up on its recent business arrangement.
那家公司在最近的业务中赚了一笔钱。clean sb/sth ⇔ up
They fought bravely to clean up the bandits.
They left a company behind to clean up the last enemy positions.
他们留下一个连来清除敌人最后的几处阵地。clean up on sb
The boxer cleaned up on his opponent.
Far from welcoming criticism, he did all he could to clean up on his critics.
他根本不欢迎批评,相反,总是千方百计打击批评他的人。clean sth ⇔ up
They clean up old debts.
They clean up pending cases.
他们处理完了悬而未决的案件。clean sth ⇔ up
The mayor tried to clean up the city, but to no avail. Criminal activities were still everywhere and the crime rate was still high.
Wait for me. I have to clean up.
I'll have to clean up and change clothes before I go to that party.
When he cleaned up, we could hardly recognize him.
他清洗一番后我们几乎认不出他了。clean oneself up
Just give me ten minutes to clean myself up; I'm covered in oil.
- clean clothes 干净的衣服
- clean copy 誊清的稿件
- clean night 明亮的夜晚
- clean proof (印刷)清样
- clean sheet 干净的床单
- clean sweep 大胜,全胜
- clean a wall of paint 去掉墙上的油漆
- clean a wound 把伤口洗净
- clean fish 把鱼拾掇干净
- clean flues 打扫烟道
- clean fowl 把家禽拾掇干净
- clean game 把猎物拾掇干净
- clean grain 把谷物里的杂物去掉,扬场
- clean one's shoes 把鞋子刷干净
- clean the blackboard 把黑板擦干净
- clean the classroom 打扫教室
- clean the slate 勾销往事,了结义务
- clean vegetables 洗菜
- clean weapons 擦拭武器
- clean generally 大扫除
- clean indifferently 漫不经心地打扫
- clean industriously 勤劳地清理
- clean orally 口头上清理
- clean passably 擦得尚干净
- clean scientifically 有条理地打扫
- clean spotlessly 极为清洁
- clean thoroughly 彻底弄干净
- clean away 清除
- clean down 刷干净
- clean down the dirt 扫下脏东西
- clean off 清除
- clean off a blackboard 把黑板擦干净
- clean out 清理,清除,除掉
- clean out one's desk drawers 清理书桌的抽屉
- clean out the animal shelter 清理畜生棚
- clean out the store 将商店洗劫一空
- clean up a city 清扫城市
- clean up on 胜过,击败
- clean up the movies 清除电影中的色情镜头
All of Diamond perfect pure and cleene.出自： Spenser
- clean用作形容词的基本意思是“清洁的,干净的”,指实际上无污垢的人或物,也可作“新的,未用过的”“正派的; 诚实的; 纯洁的; 正大光明的”“整齐的; 表面光滑的; 规则的; 匀称的”等解。
- clean用作动词的基本意思是“使清洁; 变干净”,指通过洗、扫、掸等手段以清除异物,引申可作“清扫”解。
- clean of表示“洗去…”; 接out,可以表示“打垮”,为美国俚语; 接up作“收拾整洁; 打扫,整顿”解,后面可以接要被清扫掉的物体,也可以接要使之干净、整洁的对象,在口语中,可以表示“发财”。
- clean, cleanly
- 这两个形容词的共同意思是“干净的”“整洁的”“整齐的”。其区别在于:clean意为“干净的”“清洁的”,强调没有尘污,从没用过或清洗后还没用过等情况,强调的是即时状态; cleanly强调某物是“一贯清洁的”,某人是“爱清洁的”,强调的是“经常性”。例如:
- It was a cleanly house.这是一间一直很清洁的房子。
- clean, tidy
- 这两个形容词的共同意思是“干净的”“整洁的”“整齐的”。其区别在于:clean指没有尘污,从没用过或清洗后还没用过等情况; tidy表示整齐、有秩序、井井有条,也指有清洁习惯或把一间小屋子布置得清清爽爽。例如:
- He is very tidy and never goes out without combing his hair.他很爱整洁,每次外出都要梳理一下头发。
- clean, clear
- clear和clean的意思不同。clear的意思是“清澈”,指没有什么障碍物挡住视线;而clean的意思是“清洁的”。clear water意思是“清澈的水”,表示一眼望到底;而clean water意思是“清洁的水”,吃了不会生病。clean能修饰classroom等不透明物,而clear不能。
- clean, cleanly
- He caught the ball cleanly.他准确地接住了球。
- The knife doesn't cut cleanly through the meat.这刀切肉不利落。
- clean, cleanse
- 这两个动词都可表示“使清洁,使干净”。其区别在于:clean是常用的普通词,指将某物或某处的污物、污垢清除掉; cleanse通常指用化学方法或用别的技术,如清洗剂等使之干净,为古英语用法。
- clean, sweep, wipe
- sweep用在“打扫房间,拖擦地板”的场合,含有“扫在一起后把它清除掉”的意味; clean指“擦洗,去掉污垢”,并不注重采用何种手段; wipe多指“用布轻轻地”擦。
- clean a bedroom 把卧室打扫干净
- clean down a bedroom 彻底打扫卧室
- clean out a bedroom 把卧室弄干净
- clean up a bedroom 把卧室收拾整齐
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的clne，意为清洁，纯洁。
- unstained adv.
- entirely v.