- vi. & vt. 弄脏; 弄乱 make a mess of; put into disorder or confusion
- vi. & vt. (粗鲁地)对待 treat sb roughly or inconsiderately
- [S][U]杂乱,脏乱; 脏东西 (a state of) untidiness or dirt
- [S]不整洁〔乱七八糟〕的人〔事〕 sb or sth untidy, disordered, etc.
- [U][C]粪便 a quantity of animal feces
- a state of confusion and disorderliness;
"the house was a mess"
"she smoothed the mussiness of the bed"
- informal terms for a difficult situation;
"he got into a terrible fix"
"he made a muddle of his marriage"
- soft semiliquid food;
"a mess of porridge"
- a meal eaten in a mess hall by service personnel
- a (large) military dining room where service personnel eat or relax
- (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent;
"a batch of letters"
"a deal of trouble"
"a lot of money"
"he made a mint on the stock market"
"see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"
"it must have cost plenty"
"a slew of journalists"
"a wad of money"
- eat in a mess hall
- make a mess of or create disorder in;
"He messed up his room"
- The local economy is now in a mess.
- The heavy rain made a great mess of the garden.
- The room was in a terrible mess.
- He caught a large mess of fish.
- Who will clean up the cat's mess in the bedroom?
- The party will be held in the officers' mess.
- I am ask to organize the trip, but I mess it up.
- I've sorted out the books; now don't mess them up again.
- You'd better not mess in the affairs of others.
This room's in a mess.
There's a lot of mess to clear up.
You look a mess.
That report you did is a real mess.
The dog made a mess on the carpet.
- mess about (v.+adv.)
胡闹; 弄乱 spend time lazily; cause disorder to sth mess about
Stop messing about and listen to me.别再胡闹了,听我说。
Go on with your work and stop messing about .继续干活,别胡闹了。
Tell the boy to stop messing about upstairs.告诉那孩子别在楼上胡闹。mess sth ⇔ about
Don't mess about my bags.不要乱弄我的书包。用于 be ～ed 结构
Tradition is not to be messed about.传统不能胡乱更改。
粗鲁地对待 treat sb roughly or inconsiderately mess sb ⇔ about
Don't mess me about,I want the money you promised me .别欺负我,我要你答应给我的钱。用于 be ～ed 结构
He said he was 70 years old, and had never been messed about by anybody before.他说他今年70岁了,生平从未被粗鲁地对待过。
- 胡闹; 弄乱 spend time lazily; cause disorder to sth mess about
- mess about with (v.+adv.+prep.)
胡闹; 玩弄 spend time lazily; cause disorder to sth mess about with sb/sth
She didn't want you coming and messing about with things.她不愿意你来瞎胡闹。
She spent the day just messing about with her friends.她一整天都和朋友无所事事地在一起。
Don't mess about with sharp knives.不要摆弄锋利的刀子。
- 胡闹; 玩弄 spend time lazily; cause disorder to sth mess about with sb/sth
- mess around (v.+adv.)
游荡 spend time lazily mess around
He is always messing around doing nothing.他老是东游西荡,无所事事。
- 游荡 spend time lazily mess around
- mess up (v.+adv.)
弄乱 put into disorder or confusion mess up
He got another chance and didn't want to mess up again.他又获一次机会,这次他再也不愿把事情弄糟了。mess sth ⇔ up
She messed up her new dress with blue ink.蓝墨水弄脏了她的新衣服。
Don't mess up my clean floor.不要把我干净的地板弄脏了。
Don't mess up the room.别把房间弄脏。
His divorce has really messed his life up.离婚已把他的生活真正扰乱了。
If he undertakes anything he always messes it up.不管他做什么事,总是办得很糟。
He didn't want to mess up the situation.他不想把事情弄糟。
The late arrival of the train messed up all our plans.火车晚点打乱了我们所有的计划。
- 弄乱 put into disorder or confusion mess up
- mess with (v.+prep.)
Don't mess with me, or you will be sorry. 别跟我捣乱,否则你会后悔的。
I've warned you already, don't mess with me. 我已警告过你,不要来打扰我。
Don't mess with him when he's angry. 他生气时不要打扰他。
乱搞 put into disorder with
He told his son not to mess with the TV set. 他叫儿子不要乱弄电视机。
- 打扰 disturb
- make a mess of
This illness makes a mess of my holiday plans. 这场病把我的假期计划给打乱了。
The heavy rain has made a real mess of the garden. 这场大雨把花园弄得脏极了。
- 扰乱,弄乱spoil; ruin
- mess angrily 愤怒地弄乱
- mess decisively 彻底弄乱
- mess deliberately 有意地弄乱
- mess gradually 渐渐地弄乱
- mess purposely 有目的地弄乱
- mess speedily 快速地弄乱
- mess about 胡闹,弄乱,粗鲁地对待
- mess around 游荡
- mess up 弄乱
- in a mess 乱七八糟
Beautiful copper saucepans filled with savoury messes which they put on the stove.出自：A. Uttley
What boy has ever passed a bit of water without messing in it?出自：K. Grahame
A guest would mean a great deal of messing about with oil and frying-pan.出自：R. K. Narayan
The children messed about that day, doing nothing at all.出自：E. Blyton
And don't go messing round with drugs.出自：N. Hinton
- confusion disorder disturbance mess chaos
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的mes，意为食物的一部分，做饭过的程；最初源自晚期拉丁语的missus，意为晚餐过的程。
- MESS:Marvelous Explorations Through Science and Stories通过科学探险故事奇妙
- MESS:Messieursn. 各位
- Mess:Messapic (linguistics)Messapic(语言)
- mess:mess n. 混乱, 脏乱v. 弄乱习惯用语be atmess 在食堂吃饭be in a mess 乱七八糟, 处境狼狈clear up the mess 把弄乱的东西整理好, 清理混乱局面get…