- [C]甲板,舱面 a floor built across a ship over all or part of its length
- vt. 装饰,点缀 decorate; adorn; festoon
- vt. 打扮 array; attire
any of various platforms built into a vessel
street name for a packet of illegal drugs
a pack of 52 playing cards
a porch that resembles the deck on a ship
be beautiful to look at;
"Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
"deck the halls with holly"
knock down with force;
"He decked his opponent"
- The colonel ordered their soldiers to gather on the deck.
- The deck of the sailing ship was made of thick planks.
- The sailor suddenly saw a pirate jumping onto the deck.
- Passengers may smoke only on the upper deck of the bus.
- Please chose a card at random from the deck.
- She did not want to deck herself with knowledge.
- Her stateroom is on B deck, not on the promenade deck.
- Let's go up on deck and sit in the sunshine.
- The students are decking their classroom.
- They don't like decking their room.
- He decked his house on Sunday.
- They decked the ship.
- I don't like decking myself.
- She always decks herself before she goes out.
- The houses have been decked.
- You can live in this room, it has been decked.
- The street was decked very beautifully.
- She was decked just like a doctor.
- deck out〔up〕 (v.+adv.)
装饰(某处),打扮(某人) make (sb or sth) more beautiful or cheerful
deck sb/sth ⇔ out〔up〕
They are decking the building out.
We must deck the room out before they come back.
The mother is decking her daughter out.
She decked herself out with fine jewels.
Mary decked herself up for the party.
She always decks her boyfriend up.
The street was decked out in flags when the victory was won.
The Great Wall was decked out just like a new one.
The hall was decked up with banners and coloured ribbon.
The little girl was decked up in white.
- deck with (v.+prep.)
用…装饰或打扮(某物或某人) ornament (sb or sth) with (pretty things)
deck sb/sth with sth
She decked herself with new clothes.
She decked the bride with fine jewels.
Deck the halls with green branches.
The Christmas tree was decked with gifts.
The city was decked beautifully with so many cars.
The streets are decked with flags.
- swab deck 擦洗甲板
- flight deck 飞行甲板
- deck roof 平台式屋顶
- on deck 甲板上
Multi-deck car parks with direct access to the stores.出自：Times
Randolph was sitting on the deck in front of the house.出自： I. Shaw
When the No. 13 bus came, Ann sat on the top deck at the front.出自： B. Bainbridge
Daisies deck the green.出自： J. Clare
Houses..decked with garlands and flowers.出自： A. Moorehead
Here he was all decked out in..his Super-suede jacket, his silk shirt and Countess Mara tie.出自： E. Reveley
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自中古荷兰语的dec，意为甲板。
- decorate 装饰
- adorn 装饰
- bedeck 装饰
- floor 地面
- knock down 击倒
- hit 打（击）
- knock over 撞倒
- thump 重击
- hang 悬挂
- level 数量
- surface 表面
- area 面积
- sun deck 阳台
- top deck 上层车厢
- embellish 美化、装饰或修饰...
- beautify 美化
- grace 优美
- emblazon 饰以纹章
- ornament 装饰
- bedizen 俗丽地穿着或装饰...
- array 一系列
- festoon 以花彩装饰
- clothe 穿上
- garnish 装饰
- trim 修剪
- outfit 配备
- preen 整理羽毛
- balcony 阳台
- porch 门廊
- deck out 打扮
- tier 排
- out 出
- deck 甲板
- dump 倾倒
- coldcock 把 ... 打昏
- bedight <古>装饰
- pack of cards 一副纸牌
- deck of cards 一副牌