- 用鲸骨撑（妇女上衣），把鲸骨放进…， 往衣服里加撑条
- [C]骨头,骨骼 any of the hard parts that form the skeleton of an animal's body
- [U]骨质 hard substance of which bones are made
- rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates
- the porous calcified substance from which bones are made
- a shade of white the color of bleached bones
- consisting of or made up of bone;
"a bony substance"
"the bony framework of the body"
- study intensively, as before an exam;
"I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam"
- remove the bones from;
"bone the turkey before roasting it"
- Scientists have dated the fossils by their bone structure.
- Surgeons have made a great breakthrough in the bone operation.
- He broke a bone in his leg.
- The fish bone in her throat made her choke.
- My English teacher is the backbone of our school.
- Next time, ask the butcher to bone the meat.
- Will you bone this joint of meat for me?
- Please bone these coats.
- I must bone up on my French before we go to Paris.
- He had to bone up on his French.
- I need to bone up on my English.
- He is bone idle.
- I am bone tired.
The dog was chewing a bone.
Throw the poor dog a bone.
A bone stuck in his throat.
The sword bit to the bone.
The nearer the bone the sweeter the flesh.
There wasn't much meat left on the bone.
Don't try to eat the fish bone.
Put the fish bones on the side of the plate.
This fish has a lot of bones in it.
The archeologists found fragments of bone in the burial chamber.
Bone decays far more slowly than flesh.
The first stage of the operation was to join up the bones.
He broke a bone in his leg and the doctor set it.
An X-ray determined that no bones were broken.
Her bones were laid to rest.
Many soldiers left their bones on the moor.
The system was built on the dead bones of the pioneers.
If he drinks so much he won't make old bones.
Let me rest my weary bones for a minute.
The poor horse looked all skin and bone.
What is bred in the bone will not come out of the flesh.
Lying is in his bones.
I've got a bone to pick with you.Why have you been spreading these rumours about me?
She's very attractive; she's got good bone structure.
He concentrates on the bone and muscle of his tale.
- a bag of bones
骨瘦如柴的人或物 a very thin person or animal
The cat had not been fed for weeks and was just a bag of bones. 这只猫几个星期没喂食了,都瘦成皮包骨头了。
If you don't eat more, you'll soon be a bag of bones. 你再不多吃一些,你将骨瘦如柴。
- 骨瘦如柴的人或物 a very thin person or animal
- a bone of contention
有争执的问题 subject about which there is disagreement
What is the real bone of contention? 真正的争议点是什么?
The island has been a bone of contention between our two countries. 多年来,那个岛屿一直是我们两国之间争执的焦点。
The real bone of contention between the owners and the strikers is not higher wages but better working conditions. 业主和罢工者之间的争议点不是要提高工资,而是要改善工作条件。
- 有争执的问题 subject about which there is disagreement
- be chilled〔frozen〕 to the bone
冷得刺骨 very cold
We went to build a snowman but before it was half finished I was chilled to the bone. 我们去堆雪人,但还未堆完一半时,我已感到寒气刺骨了。
- 冷得刺骨 very cold
- bone dry
十分干燥 completely dry
Make sure your hair is bone dry before you go out into the cold weather. 一定得让你的头发干透,然后再到外面寒冷的气候中去。
- 十分干燥 completely dry
- close to〔near〕 the bone
(言语不客气、不圆滑地)揭露真相 (of a remark, question, etc.) unkindly or tactlessly revealing the truth about sb/sth
Some of his comments about her appearance were a bit close to the bone. 他对她外貌的一些评论有点太露骨了。
(玩笑、故事等)近乎猥亵,有可能冒犯某些人的 (of a story, joke, etc.) almost indecent; likely to offend some people
Some scenes in the play are rather near the bone. 这个剧里有些情节相当猥亵。
- (言语不客气、不圆滑地)揭露真相 (of a remark, question, etc.) unkindly or tactlessly revealing the truth about sb/sth
- cut〔pare〕 sth to the bone
大幅度地减少某事物 reduce sth considerably or drastically
The bus service has been cut to the bone. 公共汽车公司已经削减到最低限度。
Our budget has been pared to the bone. 我们的预算已削减到最低限度。
We cut our prices to the bone but still couldn't sell enough to recover our costs. 我们把价格压到最低限度,但是仍然不能收回成本。
- 大幅度地减少某事物 reduce sth considerably or drastically
- feel〔know〕 in one's bones
凭直觉确信 believe strongly that sth is true or will happen, though without proof
He felt in his bones he could do it. 他确信他能干这件事。
She's going to phone tonight!I can feel it in my bones. 她今天夜里会打电话来的!我本能地感觉到这一点。
- 凭直觉确信 believe strongly that sth is true or will happen, though without proof
- make no bones about
对某事物坦率; 易于接受; 对做某事不犹豫 be frank about sth; admit sth readily; do not hesitate to do sth
He made no bones about his extreme left-wing views. 他毫不隐讳自己极左的观点。
She makes no bones about her prejudice against them. 她毫不隐讳自己对他们的偏见。
They made no bones about discipline and work in the concentration camp. 他们不隐瞒集中营中有严厉的纪律和强体力劳动。
She made no bones about pointing out his dishonesty. 她毫不含糊地指出他不老实。
He made no bones about saying what he wanted and we told him to take it easy. 他直截了当地说出了他的要求,但我们劝他不要操之过急。
They dismissed him and made no bones about it. 他们毫不犹豫地把他辞退了。
- 对某事物坦率; 易于接受; 对做某事不犹豫 be frank about sth; admit sth readily; do not hesitate to do sth
- work one's fingers to the bone
拼命地干 work very hard
She was forced to work her fingers to the bone. 她被迫苦干。
I'll work my fingers to the bone till I pay back all my debts. 我要拼命地干活直到把欠款还清。
I intend to go at my profession in earnest, and work my fingers to the bone. 我要认真搞好我的专业,我准备大干一场。
- 拼命地干 work very hard
- break a bone 折断骨头
- cast a bone 挑起争端
- dislocate a bone 使骨头脱臼
- fracture a bone 使骨折
- inter sb's bones 埋葬某人的尸骨
- lay sb's bones 埋葬某人
- make old bone 长寿
- roll the bones 掷骰子,吹牛,闲谈
- spare bones 不肯吃苦
- set a broken bone 接断骨
- frozen to the bone 寒气刺骨
The plain bones of the matter is just this: if you're prepared to work..we shall get on splendidly.出自：P. Larkin
Here the bones of the land showed, lumps of smooth grey rock.出自：W. Golding
- bone作“骨头”解,指躯体的组成部分时,是可数名词; 作“骨质”解,指骨头的组成成分时,是不可数名词,作“骨骼”“身体”“尸体”解时,常用复数形式。
- bone可和动词的过去分词或现在分词构成半连写复合词,这时bone相当于very much to the bone(极端的〔地〕,非常的〔地〕)。例如:Bone-frightened,I waited for him.在极度的恐惧中,我等待着他的到来。Sometimes sick and often bone-tired, he nevertheless continued to send cheery communiques to his friends back home.他有时生病并感到很累,可他还是不断地写信回去,把喜讯带给家乡的老朋友。The bone-pounding heat of summer and the Japanese bomber left us.酷热的夏天和日本人的轰炸都过去了。
- bone还可用作动词。例如:bone a chicken剔去鸡骨头; bone a piece of beef剔去一块牛肉的骨头。Will you bone the fish for me?你能帮我剔去鱼骨吗?She could have boned up for it.她本可以临时抱佛脚好好温课迎考的。I'm boning up pretty hard,I graduate this term, you know.我现在学习十分努力,你知道,这学期我快要毕业了。
- a bone of the dog 一根狗骨头
- a bone of the dog's 一根狗啃的骨头
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语b的an，意为骨。
- skeletal structure骨架结构,骸骨构造...
- swot up刻苦攻读
- osseous tissue骨组织
- mug up死记硬背
- bone up抓紧温习, 突击钻研...
- get up起床
- grind away发出摩擦之声, 刻苦地学...
- bone:bone n. 骨v. 剔除习惯用语all skin and bone 极瘦的，皮包骨的cut to the bone 大力削减The bus service has been cut to the…