of the color intermediate between green and violet; having a color similar to that of a clear unclouded sky- Helen Hunt Jackson
used to signify the Union forces in the American Civil War (who wore blue uniforms)
filled with melancholy and despondency
characterized by profanity or cursing
suggestive of sexual impropriety
belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy
morally rigorous and strict
- The clear water mirrored the blue sky.
- This cloth has a pattern of blue and white squares.
- He fell down the stairs and was all black and blue.
- England are playing in the blue and white strip.
- He dresses in a blue serge suit.
- Her baby has bonny and bright blue eyes.