- adj. 最坏的；最差的；最不利的
- n. 最坏的事物
- adv. 最坏；最差
- 最坏地， 最恶劣地
- 战胜，胜过，打败对方，打败， 击败
- [A] 最坏的,最差的 more bad, unpleasant, or unsatisfactory than any one or anything else
- 〈美〉最恶劣,最有害 most harmful, gravest
- 最坏地,最恶劣地 most badly
- [S] 最坏的人〔情况〕 the most bad part, state, event, possibility, etc.
the least favorable outcome;
"the worst that could happen"
the greatest damage or wickedness of which one is capable;
"the invaders did their worst"
"so pure of heart that his worst is another man's best"
the weakest effort or poorest achievement one is capable of;
"it was the worst he had ever done on a test"
(superlative of `bad') most wanting in quality or value or condition;
"the worst player on the team"
"the worst weather of the year"
to the highest degree of inferiority or badness;
"She suffered worst of all"
"schools were the worst hit by government spending cuts"
"the worst dressed person present"
"He mopped up the floor with his opponents"
- That was the worst airline disaster in history.
- I've seen bad work,but this is the worst.
- I think the guards in this city are the worst.
- It is a worst psychological moment for him.
- Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
- Worst of all, the autofocus doesn't work for video.
- If the worst comes to the worst, we can always deal with it.
- It's the old and the poor who suffer worst when subsidies are cut.
- Of the three of us, I typed worst.
- Simon is the worst one of all the boys I know.
- This is the worst book I have ever read.
- This is the worst accident for years.
- This is the worst storm for five years.
- The two worst players are all from that university .
- This winter's weather is the worst in years.
- Of the four of us,I sang the worst.
- The others weren't very good but she played the worst of anybody.
- Manufacturing industry was worst affected by the fuel shortage.
- The worst has happened.
- When they did not hear from her, they feared the worst.
- one's own worst enemy
自讨苦吃的人; 自己不幸的根源 person whose own faults are worse than the bad things that have happened to him; the cause of one's own misfortunes
- come off worst
大吃其苦头 suffer more than sb else
- at the worst
在最坏的情况下,充其量 if the worst happens
- do one's worst
使出最恶劣的手段 be as difficult, unpleasant, harmful, etc. as possible
- get the worst of
遭到失败 be defeated
- if the worst comes to the worst
如果事情坏到极点,万一出现最坏的情况 if circumstances become too difficult or dangerous; if the plan fails
- the worst of it is that
最糟糕的是… the most unfortunate〔unpleasant〕 thing about the situation is that
- the worst accident 最惨的事故
- the worst book 最破的书
- the worst chair 最破的椅子
- the worst players 最差的选手
- the worst singer 最糟糕的歌手
- the worst table 最破的桌子
- the worst weather 最恶劣的天气
- avert the worst 防止最坏的情况
- do one's worst 使出最恶劣的手段
- get the worst of 遭到失败
- get the worst of a quarrel 在争辩中失败
- have the worst of a quarrel 在争辩中失败
- make the worst of 对…作最坏打算
- give a person the worst of it 击败某人
- at the worst 在最坏的情况下,充其量
The worst passions are softened by triumph.出自： Lytton
Editors..often quoted what was worst and most Prussian in Carlyle.出自：Cornhill Magazine
Nicky is a born worrier..he's his own worst enemy.出自： W. J. Burley
- worst作“最坏的,最差的”解时在句中作定语; 作“最恶劣,最有害”解时可用作定语,也可用作表语。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wyrresta，意为最坏的。