- 最坏地， 最恶劣地
- 战胜，胜过，打败对方，打败， 击败
- [A] 最坏的,最差的 more bad, unpleasant, or unsatisfactory than any one or anything else
- 〈美〉最恶劣,最有害 most harmful, gravest
- 最坏地,最恶劣地 most badly
- [S] 最坏的人〔情况〕 the most bad part, state, event, possibility, etc.
- the least favorable outcome;
"the worst that could happen"
- the greatest damage or wickedness of which one is capable;
"the invaders did their worst"
"so pure of heart that his worst is another man's best"
- the weakest effort or poorest achievement one is capable of;
"it was the worst he had ever done on a test"
- (superlative of `bad') most wanting in quality or value or condition;
"the worst player on the team"
"the worst weather of the year"
- to the highest degree of inferiority or badness;
"She suffered worst of all"
"schools were the worst hit by government spending cuts"
"the worst dressed person present"
- defeat thoroughly;
"He mopped up the floor with his opponents"
- That was the worst airline disaster in history.
- I've seen bad work,but this is the worst.
- I think the guards in this city are the worst.
- It is a worst psychological moment for him.
- Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
- Worst of all, the autofocus doesn't work for video.
- If the worst comes to the worst, we can always deal with it.
- Of the three of us, I typed worst.
Simon is the worst one of all the boys I know.
This is the worst book I have ever read.
This is the worst accident for years.
This is the worst storm for five years.
The two worst players are all from that university .
This winter's weather is the worst in years.
Of the four of us,I sang the worst.
The others weren't very good but she played the worst of anybody.
Manufacturing industry was worst affected by the fuel shortage.
The worst has happened.
When they did not hear from her, they feared the worst.
- one's own worst enemy
自讨苦吃的人; 自己不幸的根源 person whose own faults are worse than the bad things that have happened to him; the cause of one's own misfortunes
With her indecisiveness, she is her own worst enemy. 她优柔寡断,自己害了自己。
- 自讨苦吃的人; 自己不幸的根源 person whose own faults are worse than the bad things that have happened to him; the cause of one's own misfortunes
- come off worst
大吃其苦头 suffer more than sb else
John picked a fight with Jack and came off worst. 约翰寻衅和杰克打架,结果大吃苦头。
- 大吃其苦头 suffer more than sb else
- at the worst
在最坏的情况下,充其量 if the worst happens
They will lose at the worst only fifteen sheep. 在最糟的情况下,他们也不过损失15只羊。
Don't worry about your driving test.At the worst you will fail, and then you can always take it again. 别担心你的驾驶测试,充其量就是没通过,然而你总可以随时考。
- 在最坏的情况下,充其量 if the worst happens
- do one's worst
使出最恶劣的手段 be as difficult, unpleasant, harmful, etc. as possible
He can not harm us now—let him do his worst. 他现在不能伤害我们了——让他使出最恶劣的手段吧。
- 使出最恶劣的手段 be as difficult, unpleasant, harmful, etc. as possible
- get the worst of
遭到失败 be defeated
The dog had been fighting and had obviously got the worst of it. 那条狗打过架而且显然吃了败仗。
- 遭到失败 be defeated
- if the worst comes to the worst
如果事情坏到极点,万一出现最坏的情况 if circumstances become too difficult or dangerous; if the plan fails
If the worst comes to the worst, we'll have to cancel our holiday plans. 要是情况不妙,我们只好取消度假计划了。
If the worst comes to the worst, a vessel can always take another route. 万一出现最坏的情况,船总可以转到另一条航线。
Even if the worst comes to the worst, we can always sell up our business here and start again somewhere else. 即使出现最坏的情况,我们也总可以在这里变卖商店,然后在其他地方另起炉灶。
- 如果事情坏到极点,万一出现最坏的情况 if circumstances become too difficult or dangerous; if the plan fails
- the worst of it is that
最糟糕的是… the most unfortunate〔unpleasant〕 thing about the situation is that
The worst of it is that I can't even be sure if they received my cheque. 最糟糕的是我都不清楚他们是否收到了我的支票。
We were stranded in the car all night and the worst of it was that we did not have anything to eat and drink. 我们整整一夜被困在汽车里,然而最糟糕的是,我们没有任何吃喝的东西。
- 最糟糕的是… the most unfortunate〔unpleasant〕 thing about the situation is that
- the worst accident 最惨的事故
- the worst book 最破的书
- the worst chair 最破的椅子
- the worst players 最差的选手
- the worst singer 最糟糕的歌手
- the worst table 最破的桌子
- the worst weather 最恶劣的天气
- avert the worst 防止最坏的情况
- do one's worst 使出最恶劣的手段
- get the worst of 遭到失败
- get the worst of a quarrel 在争辩中失败
- have the worst of a quarrel 在争辩中失败
- make the worst of 对…作最坏打算
- give a person the worst of it 击败某人
- at the worst 在最坏的情况下,充其量
The worst passions are softened by triumph.出自：Lytton
Editors..often quoted what was worst and most Prussian in Carlyle.出自：Cornhill Magazine
Nicky is a born worrier..he's his own worst enemy.出自：W. J. Burley
- worst作“最坏的,最差的”解时在句中作定语; 作“最恶劣,最有害”解时可用作定语,也可用作表语。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wyrretsa，意为最坏的。
- adv. & n. best
- worst:worst adj. 最坏的, 最差的adv. 最坏, 最差 英英解释:名词worst:1. the least favorable outcome2. the greatest damage or…