- 更坏的; 更糟的; 更差的 of lower quality; not as good, pleasant, or satisfactory (as sb/sth else)
- [P] 更重的,更加恶劣的 more ill (than before)
- 更坏地,更糟地 in a worse way
- (程度上)更 … to a worse degree
something inferior in quality or condition or effect;
"for better or for worse"
"accused of cheating and lying and worse"
(comparative of `bad') inferior to another in quality or condition or desirability;
"this road is worse than the first one we took"
"the road is in worse shape than it was"
"she was accused of worse things than cheating and lying"
changed for the worse in health or fitness;
"I feel worse today"
"her cold is worse"
(comparative of `ill') in a less effective or successful or desirable manner;
"he did worse on the second exam"
- The weather is getting worse and worse.
- As time goes by my memory seems to get worse .
- It's even worse if you have a balcony.
- I'm afraid he is getting steadily worse.
- He is behaving worse than ever.
- She has been taken worse recently.
- We thought that the situation was as bad as it could be, but worse was to follow.
- He has a worse garden than I have.
- I have a worse mark than you.
- I have even worse news for you.
- It wasn't a particularly good performance, although it could have been far worse.
- Last year's harvest was bad, but this year's may be even worse.
- This situation is now worse than ever.
- I am worse at physical than John, but better at history.
- We're fearful that the patient might get worse.
- I slept worse in hot weather.
- The old man has been taken worse.
- It is raining worse than ever.
- They said they had fixed the car, but it's now running even worse than before.
- none the worse (for)
没有(因)…受伤害; (尽管…)依然如故 not harmed (by)
- the worse for wear
(长时间使用而)破旧不堪; (过度工作而)精疲力竭 spoilt/not improved by time and use or work
- to make matters worse
更糟的是 worsen a situation or condition that is already difficult or dangerous
- worse luck
- be worse off
比以前更穷〔不愉快、不健康〕 be poorer, unhappier, less healthy, etc.than before
- worse book 更坏的书
- worse chair 更坏的椅子
- worse clothes 更坏的衣服
- worse computer 更坏的计算机
- worse desk 更坏的桌子
- worse news 更坏的消息
- worse shoe 更坏的鞋
- worse table 更坏的桌子
I'm not that bad, I'm no worse than stacks o' kids.出自： B. Hines
Them as goes away to better themselves, often worses themselves.出自： A. Trollope
- worse用作形容词是“更坏的; 更糟的; 更差的”的意思,是bad和ill的比较级形式,用于在二者之间进行比较,常可用于从属连词than引导的从句之前,不可再加more修饰,但可加much。
- worse作定语时,可以加不定冠词a,也可不加冠词,定冠词the只能用在the worse...of the two结构中。worse作表语时,其前一般不带冠词。
误 He made the problem more worse.
正 He made the problem much worse.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wiersa，意为更坏的。
- inferior 较低的
- deteriorated 动词deteriorat...
- aggravated 加重的
- impaired 受损的
- better 更好的
- poorer 形容词poor的比较级...
- worsened 动词worsen的过去式...
adj. & adv.