- 更坏的; 更糟的; 更差的 of lower quality; not as good, pleasant, or satisfactory (as sb/sth else)
- [P] 更重的,更加恶劣的 more ill (than before)
- 更坏地,更糟地 in a worse way
- (程度上)更 … to a worse degree
- something inferior in quality or condition or effect;
"for better or for worse"
"accused of cheating and lying and worse"
- (comparative of `bad') inferior to another in quality or condition or desirability;
"this road is worse than the first one we took"
"the road is in worse shape than it was"
"she was accused of worse things than cheating and lying"
- changed for the worse in health or fitness;
"I feel worse today"
"her cold is worse"
- (comparative of `ill') in a less effective or successful or desirable manner;
"he did worse on the second exam"
- As time goes by my memory seems to get worse .
- It's even worse if you have a balcony.
- I'm afraid he is getting steadily worse.
- He is behaving worse than ever.
- She has been taken worse recently.
- We thought that the situation was as bad as it could be, but worse was to follow.
He has a worse garden than I have.
I have a worse mark than you.
I have even worse news for you.
It wasn't a particularly good performance, although it could have been far worse.
Last year's harvest was bad, but this year's may be even worse.
This situation is now worse than ever.
I am worse at physical than John, but better at history.
We're fearful that the patient might get worse.
I slept worse in hot weather.
The old man has been taken worse.
It is raining worse than ever.
They said they had fixed the car, but it's now running even worse than before.
- none the worse (for)
没有(因)…受伤害; (尽管…)依然如故 not harmed (by)
He were none the worse for his adventure. 他经历这一惊险事倒没受到伤害。
I like a man none the worse for being outspoken. 我并不因为一个人直言不讳而改变我对他的好感。
He fell into the well but fortunately he was none the worse for it. 他掉进井里,但幸而没有出事。
The children got lost in the forest, but seemed none the worse (for it) when they arrived home in the morning. 孩子们在森林中迷路了,但在早晨他们安然无恙地回到了家里。
- 没有(因)…受伤害; (尽管…)依然如故 not harmed (by)
- the worse for wear
(长时间使用而)破旧不堪; (过度工作而)精疲力竭 spoilt/not improved by time and use or work
The defeated challenger looked somewhat the worse for wear after the big fight. 被打败了的挑战者在那场激战后,显得有些疲惫不堪了。
His gloves has been the worse for wear. 他的手套已戴得破烂不堪了。
She looks the worse for wear after half a year as monitor. 她担任班长不过半年,就显得疲惫不堪了。
- (长时间使用而)破旧不堪; (过度工作而)精疲力竭 spoilt/not improved by time and use or work
- to make matters worse
更糟的是 worsen a situation or condition that is already difficult or dangerous
To make matters worse, he refused to apologize . 更糟的是他拒不道歉。
The car broke down when I was driving home from work, and to make matters worse, it was pouring with rain. 下班我开车回家时,车子抛锚了,更糟的是,当时正下大雨。
- 更糟的是 worsen a situation or condition that is already difficult or dangerous
- worse luck
I shall have to miss the party, worse luck! 我参加不了这次聚会了,真可惜!
He reached the food before I did, worse luck! 他抢在我之前先伸手拿到吃的东西,真倒霉!
- 不幸地 unfortunately
- be worse off
比以前更穷〔不愉快、不健康〕 be poorer, unhappier, less healthy, etc.than before
The increase in taxes means that we'll be 30 pounds a month worse off. 加税后我们每月收入就要少30英镑。
I've only broken my arm; other patients are far worse off than me. 我只是胳膊折了,其他病人比我严重得多。
- 比以前更穷〔不愉快、不健康〕 be poorer, unhappier, less healthy, etc.than before
- worse book 更坏的书
- worse chair 更坏的椅子
- worse clothes 更坏的衣服
- worse computer 更坏的计算机
- worse desk 更坏的桌子
- worse news 更坏的消息
- worse shoe 更坏的鞋
- worse table 更坏的桌子
I'm not that bad, I'm no worse than stacks o' kids.出自：B. Hines
Them as goes away to better themselves, often worses themselves.出自：A. Trollope
- worse用作形容词是“更坏的; 更糟的; 更差的”的意思,是bad和ill的比较级形式,用于在二者之间进行比较,常可用于从属连词than引导的从句之前,不可再加more修饰,但可加much。
- worse作定语时,可以加不定冠词a,也可不加冠词,定冠词the只能用在the worse...of the two结构中。worse作表语时,其前一般不带冠词。
- worse用作名词时意思是“更坏的事,失败的地位”,可在句中作主语或宾语。例如:Worse cannot happen.事情不可能更坏。I have worse to tell.我还有更坏的事要说。He had the worse.他遭到失败。
误 He made the problem more worse.
正 He made the problem much worse.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wiesra，意为更坏的。
- adj. & adv. better
- worse:worse n. (人或事)较坏者, 更坏的事, 更恶劣的事, 败北adj. 更坏的, 更恶劣的adv. 更坏地, 更恶劣地Google提供的广告习惯用语be the worse for 因...而更…