- vt. 包含；使忙于；牵涉；使卷入；使陷入
- vt. 使参与,牵涉 cause to be caught or mixed up in trouble, etc.; relate closely
- vt. 使埋头,使专注 cause to immerse oneself in
connect closely and often incriminatingly;
"This new ruling affects your business"
engage as a participant;
"Don't involve me in your family affairs!"
have as a necessary feature;
"This decision involves many changes"
require as useful, just, or proper;
"It takes nerve to do what she did"
"success usually requires hard work"
"This job asks a lot of patience and skill"
"This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"
"This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"
"This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
contain as a part;
"Dinner at Joe's always involves at least six courses"
occupy or engage the interest of;
"His story completely involved me during the entire afternoon"
make complex or intricate or complicated;
"The situation was rather involved"
- A letter of credit will involve unnecessary extra charges.
- The Genius is a lovable physicist who is deeply involved in defining the workings of the universe.
- Don't involve other people in your trouble.
- I got involved in a quarrel about the price.
- One foolish mistake involved him in a good deal of trouble.
- involve in (v.+prep.)
使参与,陷入或牵扯到 cause sb/sth to be part of, include in, mixed with, or deeply concerned in sth or doing sth
involve sb/sth in sth/v-ing
Don't involve me in your quarrel.
John would, sooner or later, involve himself in serious trouble.
They continue to involve themselves deeply in community affairs.
It is involving me in a lot of extra work.
The war involved an enormous increase in their national debt.
More women should be involved in decision-making.
He was involved in the crime.
Poverty involved his family in misfortune.
These two countries have been deeply involved in difficulty.
This country was successively involved in war.
Artillery and aircraft were involved in the action.
The outcome of the war is involved in doubt.
She was involved in working out a puzzle.
He was involved in working out a plan.
- involve with (v.+prep.)
与(某人)有密切关系 have a close relationship with sb
involve sb with sb
Don't involve yourself with those people.
How long has Grace been involved with that red-haired boy?
I don't want my son to be involved with criminals.
- involve one's future 关系到某人的未来
- involve one's living abroad 涉及国外生活
- involve the mountaintop 笼罩着山顶
- involve much expense 涉及大笔开支
- involve closely 紧紧地卷缠
- involve deeply 深深陷入
- involve emotionally 在感情上介入
- involve heavily 专心
- involve hopelessly 陷入无望地境地
- involve inevitably 不可避免地拖累
- involve perpetually 永远地陷入
- involve shockingly 令人震惊地涉及
- involve successively 连续涉及
- involve usually 通常包括
I saw Fog only, the great tawny weltering fog, Involve the passive city.出自： E. B. Browning
- include 包括
- affect 影响
- concern 关心
- implicate 牵涉
- entail 使必需
- occupy 占用
- engross 使全神贯注
- comprise 构成
- contain 容纳
- engage 雇佣
- imply 暗示
- encompass 围绕
- take in 接受
- confuse 使困惑
- confound 使困惑
- have to do with 与 ... 有关
- interest 兴趣
- absorb 吸收
- necessitate 使 ... 成为必需...
- draw in (火车、汽车)进站...
- mix up 搅匀
- envelop 包封
- get into 对 ... 发生兴趣...
- tangle 缠结
- complicate 使复杂化
- mean 意思是
- embrace 拥抱
- take 拿
- entangle 使 ... 纠缠
- embarrass 使窘迫
- cover 封面
- preoccupy 先占
- require 要求
- postulate 假定
- need 需要
- demand 要求
- regard 尊敬
- ask 询问
- comprehend 充分理解
- hold 拿着
- call for 需要