- v. 使全神贯注；独占；正式誊写；用大字体书写
devote (oneself) fully to;
"He immersed himself into his studies"
consume all of one's attention or time;
"Her interest in butterflies absorbs her completely"
- She was engrossed in painting.
- Engrossed in his book he forgot the time.
- She used to tell me that she thought I ought to expect some gratification from him for my company, for indeed he did, as it were, engross me.
- He can't engross all the money.
- Her name was engrossed on the list.
- engross the market 买进所有存货以垄断市...
Seeing a single person engross the conversation.出自： H. T. Buckle