provide with shelter
fool or hoax;
"The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"
"You can't fool me!"
suck or take up or in;
"A black star absorbs all matter"
visit for entertainment;
"take in the sights"
call for and obtain payment of;
"we collected over a million dollars in outstanding debts"
"he collected the rent"
see or watch;
"view a show on television"
"This program will be seen all over the world"
"view an exhibition"
"Catch a show on Broadway"
"see a movie"
express willingness to have in one's home or environs;
"The community warmly received the refugees"
"take in the sails"
take up mentally;
"he absorbed the knowledge or beliefs of his tribe"
earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages;
"How much do you make a month in your new job?"
"She earns a lot in her new job"
"this merger brought in lots of money"
"He clears $5,000 each month"
hear, usually without the knowledge of the speakers;
"We overheard the conversation at the next table"
"The cloth takes up the liquid"
take in, also metaphorically;
"The sponge absorbs water well"
"She drew strength from the minister's words"
take up as if with a sponge
serve oneself to, or consume regularly;
"Have another bowl of chicken soup!"
"I don't take sugar in my coffee"
take into one's family;
"They adopted two children from Nicaragua"
make (clothes) smaller;
"Please take in this skirt--I've lost weight"
- Fish take in oxygen through their gills.
- I hope you will take the advice in good part.
- The club took in a new member last week.
- I couldn't take in his story at all.
- She read a few poems,but did not take them in.
- The United Kingdom takes in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
联合王国包括英格兰、 威尔士、 苏格兰、 北爱尔兰。
- I was taken in by the salesman-the car turned out to be uneconomical and unreliable.
- If the skirt is too big, we can take in the waist.
- take in hand 承担
- take in one's stride 轻而易举地应付...
- take in good part 乐意接受(对不见怪)...
- take someone's name in vain 滥用某人名义...
- take the bit in one's teeth 脱出控制
- take part in 参加
- take a hand in 参与
- take one's foot in one's hand 拔腿就走
- take something in one's stride 从容地应付
- take stock in 购买股票(相信)...
- take one's courage in both hands 勇往直前
- take a person in one's way 在中途顺便访问...
- take oneself in hand 控制自己
- take delight in 以 ... 为乐
- take it in the neck 遭殃
- take one's feet in one's hands 拔腿就走
- take one's life in one's hands 冒生命危险,冒极大风...
- take in with one's mother's milk 和母乳一起吸收进来…...
- take something in a wrong spirit 对某事发生误会...
- take an interest in 对 ... 感兴趣...
- absorb 吸收
- receive 接到
- overhear 无意中听到
- suck 啜
- compass 圆规
- encircle 包围
- embody 使具体化
- pocket 口袋
- initiate 开始
- import 进口
- snow 雪
- rope 绳索
- take up 拿起
- ingest 咽下
- sop up 吸水
- catch 赶上
- invite 邀请
- pull in (交通工具)进站...
- put on 穿上
- clear 清楚的
- take 拿
- see 看见
- view 视野
- realise <英>意识到
- collect 收集
- bring in 介绍 带进 引入 赚取 ...
- gain 获得
- imbibe 饮
- cod 鳕鱼
- suck in 吸收
- slang 俚语
- earn 赚得
- befool 愚弄
- consume 消耗
- soak up 吸收
- adopt 采用
- gather in 收获, 收集
- gull 鸥
- suck up 吸收
- fool 傻瓜
- watch 注视
- have 已经
- realize 实现
- make 做
- draw 拖
- assimilate 使同化
- dupe 受骗的人
- let out 放出