- 发誓要（做），立誓要… ，起誓要
a solemn pledge (to oneself or to another or to a deity) to do something or to behave in a certain manner;
"they took vows of poverty"
make a vow; promise;
"He vowed never to drink alcohol again"
dedicate to a deity by a vow
- You'd better carry out your solemn vow.
- All the men took a vow of loyalty to their leader.
- Once he took the vow his loyalty never wavered.
- Catholic priests take a vow of celibacy.
- I vowed never to reveal the secret.
- I vow to give my time and strength to this case.
With Vows and suppliant Pray'rs appease.出自： Dryden
I made a..vow..that I would not talk seriously.出自： G. K. Chesterton
He had reformed and vowed to turn from his sinful ways.出自： C. Dexter