- [U]正文,本文 the main body of writing
- [S]原文,全文 the exact original words of a speech, article, etc.
- [C]教科书,课本 a textbook
- [C]《圣经》词句 a sentence from the Bible that is read and talked about by a priest in church
the words of something written;
"there were more than a thousand words of text"
"they handed out the printed text of the mayor's speech"
"he wants to reconstruct the original text"
a passage from the Bible that is used as the subject of a sermon;
"the preacher chose a text from Psalms to introduce his sermon"
a book prepared for use in schools or colleges;
"his economics textbook is in its tenth edition"
"the professor wrote the text that he assigned students to buy"
the main body of a written work (as distinct from illustrations or footnotes etc.);
"pictures made the text easier to understand"
- The text is accompanied by illustrations.
- It was edited from the original text.
- Read the text first and then explain the new words.
- He studied Shakespeare's texts.
- The translation should fully express the meaning of the original text.
- Laura, will you text me the venue again?
- It is useful to read the text early in the morning.
- The illustrations were cleverly tied in with the text.
- Children won't like this book because there is too much text and too few pictures.
- Our newspaper is printing the full text of the President's speech.
- This book is the pure and original text.
- Have you read the original text of “War and Peace”?
- Hamlet is a set text for this year's English exam.《
- All the city schools use the same history text.
- In fact, there were no mathematical texts then.
- The text for my sermon today comes from Matthew 1∶4.
- He preached on a text from St. John's Gospel .
- edit a text 编辑课本
- print a text 印刷文本
- set a text (in type) 排版
- stick to one's text (话)不离正题
- write a text 写文本
- on the text 在课文〔课本〕上
The herald had difficulty in making out the exact text of the declaration of war.出自： A. Fraser
- text, article
- 这两个词都可指“文章”。其区别在于:text指一本书或杂志中的主要文字部分,而不是导言、图画或索引; article则指报纸或杂志中的一篇文章。例如:
- The title of the text is “ Once a thief, always a thief? ”这篇课文的题目是《一次做贼,永远是贼吗?》
- This is the heading of the article in today's newspaper.这就是今天报上那篇文章的标题。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的texte，意为书本；最初源自晚期拉丁语的textus，意为书面内容。
- trade edition 普通版(指供一般销售的版...