- [C]题目,论题,话题 a subject for conversation, talk, writing, etc.
the subject matter of a conversation or discussion;
"he didn't want to discuss that subject"
"it was a very sensitive topic"
"his letters were always on the theme of love"
some situation or event that is thought about;
"he kept drifting off the topic"
"he had been thinking about the subject for several years"
"it is a matter for the police"
- Lack of space forbids further treatment of the topic here.
- This essay is so short that it can only scratch the surface of the topic.
- The essay isn't even remotely relevant to the topic.
- The topic seemed to have a fascination for her.
- They discussed the weather and other topics.
- Let's take leave of the topic and turn to another.
- Can we shunt the talks onto a new topic?
- Newspapers discuss the topics of the day.
- The book jumps from one topic to another.
- Then we passed on to lighter topics.
- the key topic 关键的论题
- write on the topic 以…为题目写作
Interrupting those tears to suggest topics of hope and comfort.出自： Sir W. Scott
- topic, subject, theme
- subject着重指文章、书籍、画或谈话等所涉及对象的题目或主题; topic指谈话的话题或文章的题目; theme则指谈话或文章的主题,即中心思想。例如:
- The article has not exhausted the subject.这篇文章并没有把这个问题讲透。
- The accident was the sole topic of conversation.那事故是谈话的唯一话题。
- All his articles seemed an expression of the same theme.他所有的文章好像反映了同一个主题。
- ☆ 直接源自拉丁语的Topica，意为主题。