- [C]教师 person who teaches
- a person whose occupation is teaching
- a personified abstraction that teaches;
"books were his teachers"
"experience is a demanding teacher"
- I asked the teacher for her advice.
- She is a teacher aged only twenty.
- My foreign teacher came from Australia.
- The maths teacher was furious and gave me 50 lines.
The teacher collected all the pupils in the auditorium.
The teacher read a poem to the class.
The teacher cannot tolerate eating on the class.
If she heeded what the teacher told her, she might make better progress.
The teacher demands that students should turn in their test papers within two hours.
The teacher asked us to answer the question.
Our teacher decided that it would be better to start at once.
My teacher speaks French as well as English.
Not only students but also their teacher is in the classroom.
The boy followed the teacher into the office.
After he left the university, he became a teacher, but he later turned to translation.
I saw the teacher and asked for a book.
I asked to speak to the teacher.
He asked his teacher to expand on the steps of programming.
His several absences from the class worried his teacher.
He is a teacher of geography.
Teacher's labour should be respected by all.
A child's first teacher is usually his mother.
- admire a teacher 羡慕教师
- afford a teacher 请得起教师
- answer a teacher 回答老师的问题
- ask a teacher 问老师
- attract teacher 吸引教员
- commend a teacher 表彰一位教员
- consult a teacher 请教老师
- dismiss a teacher 辞退老师,解雇教师
- encourage a teacher 鼓励教师
- exchange teachers 交换教师
- honour a teacher 给教师荣誉
- invite a teacher 聘请教师
- license a teacher 发给教师资格证书
- need a teacher 需要老师
- pay a teacher 给教师工资
- praise a teacher 表彰教师
- respect a teacher 尊敬教师
- reward a teacher 奖励教师
- train a teacher 培训教师
- admirable teacher 令人羡慕的教师
- American teacher 美国教师
- Chinese teacher 中国教师,汉语教师
- distinguished teacher 著名的教师,尊敬的教师
- English teacher 英国教师,英语教师
- experienced teacher 有经验的教师
- good teacher 好教师
- imaginative teacher 有想象力的教师
- intelligent teacher 有才智的教师
- old teacher 老教师
- part-time teacher 兼职教师
- poor teacher 贫困的教师,较差的教师,可怜的教师
- private teacher 家庭教师
- qualified teacher 合格的教师
- respected teacher 受尊敬的教师
- retired teacher 退休教师
- talented teacher 有才能的教师
- the first teacher 启蒙老师
- well-trained teacher 训练有素的教师
- young teacher 年轻教师
- history teacher 历史教员
- lady teacher 女教师
- language teacher 语言教师
- man teacher 男教师
- practice teacher 实习教师
- science teacher 理科教师
- student teacher 实习教师
- supply teacher (专职为多所学校服务的)代课教师
- university teacher 大学教师
- woman teacher 女教师
- under a teacher 在一位教师的指导下
An English literature teacher decided to demonstrate his knowledge.出自：C. Phillips
His daily teachers had been woods and rills. attrib.:出自：fig.
- 汉语中常可把姓氏直接加在“老师”之前,表示称谓,如高老师、李老师等,英语中却不能说：teacher Gao, teacher Li,而要说Mr. Gao,Miss Li或Mrs. Li。
- a teacher of English, an English teacher
误 My occupation is a teacher.
正 My occupation is teaching.
析 a teacher是具体名词, teaching是动名词。本句的主语是occupation,故表语只能用动名词,不能用a teacher。
误 She is teacher of a kindergarten.
正 She is a kindergarten teacher.
正 She is a teacher in〔at〕 a kindergarten.
析 a teacher of后只接表示“科目”的名词,如English, physics等。
- teacher:teacher n. 教师Google提供的广告习惯用语be one's own teacher 自学Like teacher, like pupil. [谚]有其师必有其徒。…