- [C]成员,会员 person belonging to a group, society, etc.
one of the persons who compose a social group (especially individuals who have joined and participate in a group organization);
"only members will be admitted"
"a member of the faculty"
"she was introduced to all the members of his family"
anything that belongs to a set or class;
"snakes are members of the class Reptilia"
"members of the opposite sex"
an external body part that projects from the body;
"it is important to keep the extremities warm"
an organization that is a member of another organization (especially a state that belongs to a group of nations);
"the library was a member of the interlibrary loan association"
"Canada is a member of the United Nations"
the male organ of copulation (`member' is a euphemism)
- He declared himself a member of their party.
- I am a member of our school football club.
- The club took in a new member last week.
- He was a founder member of the club.
- The head is a member of the body.
- The President alone has the power to appoint a member of the US cabinet.
- The cabinet members are responsible directly to the president.
- The member of parliament for our town will be introduced to the local party tonight.
- She is always a lively member in the party.
- Every member of the organization should be constant to its regulations.
- There are few female members of the committee.
- She is a member of Historical Society.
- He is eligible to be a member.
- Two tennis courts and a swimming pool are available for the members.
- He was the sole member of the group to go.
- The new members of the class received supplementary instruction.
- He's a member of the senior class in the university .
- The country is a member country of EEC.
- Her lower members were numb with cold.
- admit members 吸收会员
- attract a member 吸引会员
- become a member (of) 成为(…的)会员
- consist of member 由…成员组成
- draw a member 吸收成员
- gather members 集合成员
- reinstate a member 恢复会员资格
- active member 积极的会员
- alternate member 候补委员
- associate member 有联系的成员
- card-carrying member 持会员证的会员
- corresponding member (of the Academy of Sciences) (科学院的)通讯院士
- female member 女会员
- honorary member 名誉会员
- influential member 有影响的人士
- junior member 少年会员
- leading members 领导成员
- old member 老会员
- ranking member 高级会员
- regular member 固定成员,正式成员
- representative members 代表成员
- respectable member 值得尊敬的成员
- respected member 受尊敬的成员
- crew members 乘务组成员
- church member 教会成员
- community member 团体成员,村社成员
- family member 家庭成员
- fire-brigade member 消防队员
- founder member 创始会员,原始会员
- left-wing member 左翼成员
- life member 终身会员
- school board member 校董事会成员
- staff member 职员
- team member 队员
- the United Nations member 联合国成员
Vultures, who plunge their heads and necks into gory carcasses, have lost their feathers from these members.出自： D. Morris
Leprosysyou lose a toe now and then; none of the main members have to be affected.出自： S. Bellow
The Body of the Law is no less encumbered with superfluous Members.出自： fig.
- member用作定语时可修饰country, state等,此时通常指国际性组织的成员。
- They are members of our college team.
- They are the members of our college team.
- ☆ 13世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的membrum virile，意为肢，身体的部分。
- organ 器官
- part 部分
- portion 部分
- offshoot 分枝
- branch 分部
- limb 肢体
- appendage 附加物
- extremity 极端
- associate 联想
- affiliate 分公司
- fellow 家伙
- adherent 追随者
- participant 参与者
- follower 追随者
- leg 腿
- national 民族的
- unit 单元
- arm 臂
- constituent 成分
- component 零部件；元件...
- element 要素
- item 项目
- penis 阳物
- phallus 阴茎
- nonmember 非会员