- [C]医生,大夫 person who has been trained in medical science
- [C]博士 person who has received the highest university degree
- a licensed medical practitioner;
"I felt so bad I went to see my doctor"
- (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching;
"the Doctors of the Church greatly influenced Christian thought down to the late Middle Ages"
- children take the roles of physician or patient or nurse and pretend they are at the physician's office;
"the children explored each other's bodies by playing the game of doctor"
- a person who holds Ph.D. degree (or the equivalent) from an academic institution;
"she is a doctor of philosophy in physics"
- alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive;
"Sophisticate rose water with geraniol"
- give medical treatment to
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken;
"She repaired her TV set"
"Repair my shoes please"
- He is a Doctor of Philosophy.
- His illness was more serious than the doctor first thought.
He would not dream of becoming a doctor.
I have a good doctor attending me.
Compose yourself before the doctor gets here.
This country is being drained of its best doctors.
The doctor's home is in Shanghai.
Will the doctors be able to dry the actor out in time for his next film?
The doctor cleaned and dressed the wound.
The doctor was studying the patient's history.
The doctor practised in New York City.
The doctor prescribed new medicine for the pain in my joints.
The doctor diagnosed my illness as a rare skin disease.
Seeing the sick child had fallen asleep, the doctor edged away.
How is he, doctor?
She felt so ill we had to call the doctor.
How is your doctor brother?
Tell me something about your doctor friend Tom.
The degree of Doctor of Philosophy is awarded to him.
Mr. Smith is a Doctor of Law.
- what the doctor ordered
需要〔合适〕的东西 exactly what is required
That meal was just what the doctor ordered,I hadn't eaten a thing all day. 那顿饭菜正合我的需要,我已一整天没吃东西了。
- 需要〔合适〕的东西 exactly what is required
- call a doctor 请医生
- call in a doctor 请医生来
- fetch the doctor 去请医生来
- go for a doctor 去请医生来
- go to the doctor 去看医生
- have in a doctor 请大夫来
- practise as a doctor 行医
- run for a doctor 急忙去请医生
- see a doctor 看医生,就诊
- send for a doctor 派人去请医生
- capable doctor 医术高明的医生
- Chinese doctor 中国医生
- distinguished doctor 著名的医生
- learned doctor 学问渊博的博士
- medical doctor 医师
- army doctor 军医
- country doctor 乡村医生
- eye doctor 眼科医生
- family doctor 家庭医生
- lady doctor 女医生
- police doctor 法医
- women doctors 女医生
- as a doctor 当医生
Who shall decide, when Doctors disagree?出自：Pope
I have been over to Oxford to be doctored.出自：J. R. Lowell
- doctor作“医生”解时,指有行医资格并从事医疗工作的人。说“去看病”用see〔consult〕 a doctor,“请医生”用send for〔call in, get, fetch〕 a doctor。
- doctor还可用作动词表示“医治某病”“为某人治病”“篡改或伪造某事物”。例如:doctor a cold〔a child〕医治感冒〔给小孩治病〕; doctor the evidence〔the accounts, a report〕伪造证据〔窜改账目,作假报告〕
- 女医生是woman doctor,复数形式是women doctors。
- doctor, physician, surgeon
这组词都可指“医生”。doctor为普通用语,泛指以看病为职业的各科医生; physician主要指内科医生,也可指一般医生,词义庄重,在美式英语中较常用; surgeon指外科医生。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的doctuor；最初源自拉丁语的doctor，意为有学问的人。
- doctor:doctor n. 医生, 博士, [古]学者, 修理师vt. 授以博士学位, 诊断, 修改, 治疗, 搀混(食物、饮料), 修改vi. 行医 英英解释:名词doctor:1. a licensed…