- [U]茶叶 evergreen shrub grown in China,India, etc.
- [U][C]茶点 occasion when tea is drunk
a beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water;
"iced tea is a cooling drink"
a light midafternoon meal of tea and sandwiches or cakes;
"an Englishman would interrupt a war to have his afternoon tea"
a tropical evergreen shrub or small tree extensively cultivated in e.g. China and Japan and India; source of tea leaves;
"tea has fragrant white flowers"
a reception or party at which tea is served;
"we met at the Dean's tea for newcomers"
dried leaves of the tea shrub; used to make tea;
"the store shelves held many different kinds of tea"
"they threw the tea into Boston harbor"
- A nice cup of tea will soothe your nerves.
- I'd like to place an order for some tea with you.
- Tea plants grow well on the fertile mountain land.
- They were regaled with tea and cakes.
- Tea is raised chiefly in China,Japan and India.
- The old man was a trader in tea.
- Old people like sitting still and drinking tea, they don't like noisy dancing.
- I didn't like that Indian tea,I'll stick Chinese tea in future.
- There are all kinds of teas in the shop.
- Mother is making tea.
- He seated us and called to his daughter to bring tea.
- I like my tea rather weak.
- If the tea is too strong, add some hot water.
- She likes her tea with milk and sugar in it.
- Please take away the towel and bring me a cup of tea.
- She entered, asked for a cup of tea and sat down.
- We have tea at four.
- Will you have tea with us this afternoon?
- I should like to have a good tea.
- The waiter has served twenty teas since four o'clock.
- This hotel serves teas.
- Two teas,please.
- for all the tea in China
无论如何 in any case; at any rate; whatever happens; at all events
- draw tea 泡茶
- drink tea 喝茶
- export tea 出口茶叶
- gather tea 采茶
- grow tea 种茶
- have tea 喝茶
- import tea 进口茶叶
- make tea 沏茶,准备茶点
- offer tea to sb 给某人倒茶
- pick tea 采茶
- pour tea 倒茶
- prefer a tea 喜欢一种茶
- prepare tea 准备茶点
- serve tea 上茶
- take tea 喝茶
- bring sb tea 给某人来杯茶
- offer sb tea 让某人喝茶,给某人端茶
- black tea 红茶
- Chinese tea 中国茶
- famous tea 名茶
- favourite tea 最喜欢喝的茶
- fresh tea 新茶
- good tea 好茶
- green tea 绿茶
- high tea 〈英〉下午5至6时之间有肉食冷盘的正式茶点
- hot tea 热茶
- iced tea 冰茶
- Indian tea 印度茶
- jasmine tea 茉莉花茶
- scented tea 花茶
- strong tea 浓茶
- ten teas 十份茶点
His digestion was..ruined by the hard-boiled tea..drunk at roadside stalls.出自： A. Ghosh
Mrs..Fields..was still teaing authors in her parlor in her eighties.出自： C. Amory
- tea的基本意思是“茶叶,茶树”; 也可指“茶水”,指用开水倒在晒〔炒〕干的茶叶上泡制而成的饮料; 还可作“茶点”解,指包括茶在内的一种小吃,这种小吃通常有三明治和饼干,有时称为午后茶点。
- a tea指“一种茶,一客〔次〕茶点”,teas指“多种茶,多客〔次〕茶点”,tea统指“茶”。
- tea, breakfast, dinner, lunch, meal, supper
- dinner指正餐,多在晚上吃,也可指宴会; breakfast指早餐; lunch指午餐; meal指任何一餐; supper指晚餐; tea在英国,指下午茶。例如:
- He asked me to dinner tonight.他邀请我今天晚上吃饭。
- The dinner we had was excellent.我们吃的晚餐很丰盛。
- I hope you will honour us with your presence at the dinner.我希望您能光临此次晚宴。
- I have breakfast at seven.我在7点吃早餐。
- We have lunch at noon.我们在中午吃午饭。
- He had a light meal at home.他在家吃了顿便餐。
- I have supper at six.我6点吃晚饭。
- They are having tea in the garden.他们正在园子里喝下午茶。
- He invited us to tea.
- He invited us for tea.
误 She went into the kitchen to make a fresh pot of red tea.
正 She went into the kitchen to make a fresh pot of black tea.
析 “绿茶”是green tea,但是“红茶”是black tea,不是red tea。我该放多少茶叶?
误 How many teas should I put?
正 How much tea (leaves) should I put?他是一个鉴别茶叶的专家。
误 He is an expert in tea.
正 He is an expert in teas.
- ☆ 直接源自马来语的teh；最初源自汉语的ch'a，意为茶。