"The soldiers fanned out"
set out or stretch in a line, succession, or series;
"the houses were strung out in a long row"
strew or distribute over an area;
"He spread fertilizer over the lawn"
"scatter cards across the table"
extend in one or more directions;
"The dough expands"
"These birds can splay out their toes"
"ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
move away from each other;
"The crowds dispersed"
"The children scattered in all directions when the teacher approached"
spread out or open from a closed or folded state;
"open the map"
"spread your arms"
- I like to sprawl out in a big bed.
- The cat stretched out in front of the fire.
- The secret was spread among the crowd.
- The website spread virally, and soon he had thousands of leads.
- Then they spread out the map on the table.
- I'll spread this one for you to have a good look.
- spread out 伸开