be shown or be found to be;
"She proved to be right"
"The medicine turned out to save her life"
"She turned up HIV positive"
prove to be in the result or end;
"It turns out that he was right"
produce quickly or regularly, usually with machinery;
"This factory turns out saws"
result or end;
"How will the game turn out?"
come, usually in answer to an invitation or summons;
"How many people turned out that evening?"
"The apple tree bore delicious apples this year"
"The unidentified plant bore gorgeous flowers"
put out or expel from a place;
"The unruly student was excluded from the game"
come and gather for a public event;
"Hundreds of thousands turned out for the anti-war rally in New York"
outfit or equip, as with accessories;
"The actors were turned out lavishly"
"These birds can splay out their toes"
"ballet dancers can rotate their legs out by 90 degrees"
cause to stop operating by disengaging a switch;
"Turn off the stereo, please"
"cut the engine"
"turn out the lights"
get up and out of bed;
"I get up at 7 A.M. every day"
"They rose early"
"He uprose at night"
- The film turned out to be a great success.
- It turned out that this method doesn't work well.
- The factory can turn out a hundred cars a day.
- The school has turned out a lot of excellent scholars.
- I really expected him to turn out on time.
- The whole village turned out to watch the parade.
- Please turn out the lights when you leave the room.
- The turbulence caused the plane to turn over.
- Portly little Captain found his way out on to the roof much to Mr Woolley's dismay.
- The news turned out to be false.
- It turned out that my worries were justified.
- arise 出现
- evict 驱逐
- rise 上升
- eject 喷射
- splay 展开
- switch off (用开关)关掉...
- bear 熊
- cut 切
- turf out 扔掉(东西)
- get up 起床
- turn up 朝上翻
- boot out 逐出
- uprise 升起
- turn off 关掉
- come out 出现
- chuck out 驱逐
- prove 证明
- rotate 轮流
- spread out 伸开
- exclude 排除
- kick out 开除
- throw out 扔出
- expel 驱逐
- turn in 上缴