- adj. 平坦的；扁平的；单调的；断然的；[音乐]降音的；气不足的
- adv. 平直地；直截了当；低于标准音高地
- n. <英>公寓；平面部分；[音乐]降半音；泄气轮胎
- v. 变平；降调；住公寓
- 【音】（使）降半音，（使）降音， 降调
- 变平淡， 使平淡
- 平的,平坦的 smooth and level; not rounded or lumpy
- [A](价格)固定的,(收费)统一的 (of an amount of money, a charge, etc.) fixed; not variable
- 漏气的,气不足的 (of a tyre) without enough air in it
- [P]单调的,沉闷的 dull and lifeless
- 扁平的,浅的 not very thick or high
- [C]一套房间,公寓套房 a set of rooms in a building, especially on one floor, including a kitchen and bathroom; apartment
- 平直地 in or into a flat or level position
- 直截了当地,断然地 complete; firm; with no more argument
- 正好,恰恰,精确 exactly
a level tract of land;
"the salt flats of Utah"
a shallow box in which seedlings are started
a musical notation indicating one half step lower than the note named
freight car without permanent sides or roof
a deflated pneumatic tire
scenery consisting of a wooden frame covered with painted canvas; part of a stage setting
a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another;
"a flat desk"
"acres of level farmland"
"a plane surface"
"skirts sewn with fine flat seams"
having a relatively broad surface in relation to depth or thickness;
"flat computer monitors"
not modified or restricted by reservations;
"a categorical denial"
"a flat refusal"
stretched out and lying at full length along the ground;
"found himself lying flat on the floor"
lacking contrast or shading between tones
(of a musical note) lowered in pitch by one chromatic semitone;
flattened laterally along the whole length (e.g., certain leafstalks or flatfishes)
lacking taste or flavor or tang;
"a bland diet"
"insipid hospital food"
"flavorless supermarket tomatoes"
lacking stimulating characteristics; uninteresting;
"a bland little drama"
"a flat joke"
having lost effervescence;
"a flat cola"
sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch;
"the owl's faint monotonous hooting"
"a flat roof"
lacking the expected range or depth; not designed to give an illusion or depth;
"a film with two-dimensional characters"
"a flat two-dimensional painting"
not reflecting light; not glossy;
"flat wall paint"
"a photograph with a matte finish"
"flat sales for the month"
"prices remained flat"
"a flat market"
with flat sails;
"sail flat against the wind"
in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly;
"he didn't answer directly"
"told me straight out"
"came out flat for less work and more pay"
- Most of our county is as flat as a pancake.
- In flat open country there is plenty of grass for the cattle to feed on.
- People used to think that the earth was flat.
- He spoke in a flat monotone.
- After the excitement was over, she felt flat.
- My request was met with a flat refusal.
- That note should be B flat, not B.
那个音应该是降 B 音，而不是 B 音。
- Our car had a flat tire.
- She lay flat on her back in the warm sunshine.
- I'm flat broke.
- My boss told me flat that I could not leave early.
- She is buying a flat close to her office.
- He beat on the door with the flat of his hand.
- There are no sharps or flats in the key of C major.
- We need to find a place that can fix the flat.
- We don't have flat land in this region
- They charge a flat fee.
- Facer was skimming flat stones across the surface of the lake.
- He sliced the bread into thin and flat pieces.
- He tried to force the proposal down my throat, but as it ran counter to the principles,I gave him a flat no.
- Modern findings do not bear out the old belief that the earth is flat.
- The beer is a bit flat.
- We won't go, and that's flat.
- Life seemed flat to him.
- He has been flat on his back for two weeks with a bad cold.
- There is no economy left; these people are flat on their backs.
- The earthquake laid the city flat.
- He knocked me flat with one punch.
- She pressed the box flat.
- It's easy for me to press the pastry flat and thin.
- The worker hammered the iron flat.
- Roll the pastry flat!
- Roll the road surface flat!
- The boy stamped the egg flat.
- I can't afford to buy the flat.
- The flat is centrally heated.
- All of us piled into Peter's car and headed back to the flat.
- The new flats were built to house the oil workers' families.
- Every time a new tenant moves into that flat, he puts up the rent a bit more.
- The landlord says he'll let you a flat.
- A friend of mine landed me a three-roomed flat.
- He shifted his luggage up to his flat.
- He has fallen into the habit of calling at his brother's flat on Thursday evenings.
- He turned a person of suggestion down flat.
- The bond were sold flat.
- I told him flat.
- Miss Ball sang flat last night.
- He lays flat on his face.
- She ran a mile in seven minutes flat.
- Spread a map flat on the ground, please.
- He was lying flat on his stomach, poking around under the bed with his arm.
- fall flat
完全失败; 未产生预期的效果 fail to produce the desired effect
- leave flat
剩下单独一人; 使某人身无分文 leave sb completely alone; leave sb without any money
leave sb flat
They just walked off and left me flat.
The thief took all my money and left me flat.
- buy a flat 买一套房间
- have a flat 有一套房间
- like a flat 喜欢一套房间
- look for a flat 找一套房间
- paint a flat 给一套房间刷油
- share a flat with sb 同某人合住一套房间
- bright flat 明亮的房间
- cheap flat 便宜的房间
- clean flat 清洁的房间
- comfortable flat 舒适的房间
- expensive flat 昂贵的房间
- modern flat 现代化的房间
- noisy flat 吵闹的房间
- pleasant flat 漂亮的房间
- quiet flat 安静的房间
Till of this flat a mountain you have made.出自：Hamlet , Shakespeare
The river widens away before us; the flats are green on either side.出自： A. B. Edwards
In India..all buildings of any importance have flat roofs.出自： J. Gwilt
She hath..flatted their strongest Forts.出自： O. Feltham
- flat, level
- This road is level until you get near the hill.这条路很平,你可直达附近小山。
- flat, apartment, dormitory, room
- He told me it cost him 1000 dollars to furnish his apartment, and I believe it.他告诉我他花了1000美元为这套住宅配置家具,这话我信。
- I need to buy a new apartment so as to the more convenient to go work.我需要一套新公寓,以便上班更方便。
- He went to Room 403.他到403室去了。
- The hotel clerk assigned me a good room.旅馆招待给我安排了一个好房间。
- The college has a dormitory for students.那所大学有一所学生宿舍。
- a set of rooms
- a flat
- an apartment
- service flat
- apartment hotel
- flat, flatly
- 1.flatly用以修饰refuse, deny, oppose等否定意义的词语时要放在动词之前。用以修饰say和state等肯定意义的词语时要放在动词之后。而flat一般总是置于动词之后。
- go flat against sth 断然否决, be flat broke断然断开
- flat ten minutes
- ten minutes flat
误 She asked for help in determining where to hang the picture into her new flat.
正 She asked for help in determining where to hang the picture in her new flat.
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古日耳曼语的flaataz，意为平的，平面。
- positive n.