- v. 抓；搔（痒）；划破；划掉
- n. 抓痕；乱写；抓的声音；起跑线
- adj. 无让步的
- 东拼西凑的， 临时凑成的，凑合的，匆匆组成的
- vt. & vi. 抓; 搔 make lines on or in a surface with sth pointed or sharp e.g. fingernails, claws
- vt. & vi. 刮伤 get (oneself, a part of the body) clutched by accident
- vt. & vi. 勾掉 draw a line or lines through a word or words, a name, etc.
- vt. 退出比赛 withdraw (a horse, a candidate, oneself) from a competition; take out (the name of a horse, a candidate) from a list of entries for a race or competition
- [S] 抓; 搔痒 an act of scratching (a part of the body)
- [C] 抓痕,抓伤 a mark or small wound made by scratching
- [C] 刮擦声 a sound made by scratching
an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
a depression scratched or carved into a surface
informal terms for money
a competitor who has withdrawn from competition
a line indicating the location of the start of a race or a game
dry mash for poultry
a harsh noise made by scraping;
"the scrape of violin bows distracted her"
(golf) a handicap of zero strokes;
"a golfer who plays at scratch should be able to achieve par on a course"
an indication of damage
"my sweater scratches"
cut the surface of; wear away the surface of
scrape or rub as if to relieve itching;
"Don't scratch your insect bites!"
postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled;
"Call off the engagement"
"cancel the dinner party"
"we had to scrub our vacation plans"
"scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line;
"Please strike this remark from the record"
"scratch that remark"
gather (money or other resources) together over time;
"She had scraped together enough money for college"
"they scratched a meager living"
carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface;
"engrave a pen"
"engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's"
"the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
- The dog is scratching at the door.
- He pretended to scratch his ear.
- I had to scratch my head to remember his name.
- Be careful not to scratch the furniture.
- He scratched out my name on that list.
- Will you scratch that sticker off the car window?
- There's a scratch on the side of my car.
- You can clean the scratch with alcohol.
- He heard the scratch of a match.
- His career started from scratch.
- I decide to learn English from scratch.
- The dog is always scratching.
- The pen scratches badly.
- He has a curious habit of scratching his ear while he speaks.
- Please leave off scratching your head.
- Scratch yourself if you itch.
- The cat scratched my hand.
- The cat has scratched a hole in the flowerbed.
- The brambles scratched my legs.
- The knife has scratched the table.
- I hope you are not going to scratch me.
- The horse was scratched.
- His dog just gives a scratch at the door when it wants to come in.
- Her face was covered with scratches.
- I heard the scratches on the old records.
- scratch about (v.+adv.)
扒,刨 strip off or dig in light movements
The farmyard was quiet, with just a few chickens scratching about.
- scratch away (v.+adv.)
抓; 刮 strip off or dig
If you keep scratching away at that spot, you'll break the skin.
你要是不停地抓那个小包会抓破皮的。scratch sth ⇔ away
Most of the paint has been scratched away by heavy wear.
- scratch from (v.+prep.)
从…中除名 remove sb's name from sth
scratch sb from sth
We had to scratch two players from the team because of damaged knee joints.
Jim should have an easy victory, as two of the best runners have been scratched from the race.
- scratch out (v.+adv.)
勉强维持 make or get with difficultyIt wasn't easy scratching out a living in those hard times.在那段艰难的日子里,糊口真不容易。
- scratch up (v.+adv.)
掘起,挖出 dig sth outThat cat has scratched up all my young plants again!那只猫又把我种的那些幼苗给扒出来了!
- from scratch
〈非正〉从头做起,从零开始starting from the beginning or with nothing
- up to scratch
〈非正〉情况良好,达到标准in(to) good condition or at〔to〕 an acceptable standard
- scratch one's ear 搔耳朵
- scratch one's head 搔头
- scratch a hole 扒坑
- scratch one's legs 刺伤双腿
- scratch the table 划坏桌子
- scratch eagerly 热心地勾掉
- scratch inadvertently 非故意地刮伤
- scratch industriously 勤奋地抓
- scratch obviously 明显地刮伤
- scratch ruthlessly 无情地勾掉
- scratch sorely 使人伤心地退出比赛
- scratch unexpectedly 意外地刮伤
- scratch the plants away 把植物扒掉
- scratch out a name from a list 从名单上划去一个名字
- scratch together 拼凑
- scratch up a bone 扒出一根骨头
- scratch at 抓
- scratch at the door 在门上乱抓
- scratch for oneself 竭力独自谋生
- scratch on 在…上刻画
- scratch hand on a nail 手被钉子划伤
- scratch name on the wall 在墙上刻下名字
Surely a few drops of blood from a scratch..are not to part father and son.出自： Sir W. Scott
The young ensign passed through the four months of..fighting without a scratch.出自： J. S. Corbett
She and her sister had scratched each other's faces.出自： R. K. Narayan
Her thighs..were scratched with briars.出自： G. Greene
- scratch, grind, scrape
- scrape指用有锋刃的工具从物体的表面刮〔擦〕掉某物; grind表示通过磨〔擦〕使工具、武器变得锐利或光滑; scratch指用利器在物体的表面上划出一道线或沟。
- ☆ 1474年进入英语，直接源自中世纪英语的scratten and crachen，意为抓。
- scrape 刮掉
- mark 记号
- cut 切
- graze 放牧
- score 得分
- grate 栅
- rub 擦
- abrasion 擦伤
- itch 痒
- nick 刻痕
- scuff 磨损
- cancel 取消
- abrade 擦伤
- pull out 拔出
- scar 疤痕
- engrave 雕刻
- scribble 潦草地书写
- scrawl 乱涂
- writing 写作
- sketch 速写
- tick 滴答作响
- starting line 起跑线
- dinero <美俚>钱
- strike 罢工
- chafe 擦痛
- expunge 擦掉
- lolly <英俚> 棒棒糖...
- fray 恼火
- lettuce 莴苣
- scrape up 凑集
- scraping 擦去
- grave 坟墓
- wampum 贝壳念珠
- dough 生面团
- boodle <俚>贿赂金
- cabbage 卷心菜
- prick 刺
- simoleons <俚>美元
- kale [植]羽衣甘蓝...
- scratching 刮东西时发出的刺耳声...
- gelt 阉割(删去)
- come up 上升，升起
- start 开始
- shekels <俚>钱
- scrub 用力擦洗
- cacography 拼写错误
- excise 货物税
- scratch up 拼凑
- chicken feed (俚语)小钱
- dent 凹痕
- incision 切口
- sugar 糖，食糖
- moolah moola的异体字...
- inscribe 题写
- loot 掠夺品
- scratch line 起跑线
- bread 面包
- lucre 钱财(尤指不义之财)...
- call off 取消
- excoriation 剥皮
- fret (使)烦恼
- slit 裂缝
- clams 动词clam的第三人称单...
- pelf 钱财