an ardent follower and admirer
a soft thick undyed leather from the skins of e.g. buffalo or oxen
bare skin; naked;
"swimming in the buff"
a medium to dark tan color
an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
of the yellowish-beige color of buff leather
strike, beat repeatedly;
"The wind buffeted him"
polish and make shiny;
"buff the wooden floors"
"buff my shoes"
- The red coat changed for one of blue and buff.
- Fine rain wets out her buff hair and tanned clothes.
- You must not bathe here in the buff.
- The doctor ordered him to strip and there he stood in nature's buff.
- He is a sports buff.
- When I was a student, I was a real movie buff.
- He buffs his shoes to make them shine.
In buff and bandoleer for King Charles.出自： Sir W. Scott
Get them to work buffing the floor.出自： K. Kesey
Fingernails buffed to an opalescent pink.出自： F. King