- vt. 解决；决定；表决；分解
- vi. 决定；分解
- n. 决心；坚决
- 使变成， 逐步变成
- vt. & vi. 决定; 决心 decide; determine
- vt. 解决 put an end to (doubts, difficulties, etc.) by supplying an answer
- vt. & vi. 分析; 分解(为部分); 转变; 变成 break up; separate (into parts); convert; be converted
the trait of being resolute;
"his resoluteness carried him through the battle"
"it was his unshakeable resolution to finish the work"
a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
bring to an end; settle conclusively;
"The case was decided"
"The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"
"The father adjudicated when the sons were quarreling over their inheritance"
reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
reach a decision;
"he resolved never to drink again"
understand the meaning of;
"The question concerning the meaning of life cannot be answered"
make clearly visible;
"can this image be resolved?"
find the solution;
"solve an equation"
"solve for x"
cause to go into a solution;
"The recipe says that we should dissolve a cup of sugar in two cups of water"
- Intensive efforts are being made to resolve the dispute.
- He resolved that nothing should hold him back.
- We can resolve the problem into more elementary items.
- He resolved on going abroad to study.
- The mixture will resolve into three simple substances.
- He kept his resolve to do better.
- He made a firm resolve to give up gambling.
- Nothing can weaken his resolve to become a lawyer.
- His letter resolved all our doubts.
- We can resolve the matter to your satisfaction.
- The differences among them should be resolved by consultation.
- The matter was resolved by making Hall sleep on the floor.
- He resolved to do better work in the future.
- He resolved to make himself a somebody.
- From that moment she resolved to trace the unknown element.
- He resolved that nothing should hold back.
- It was resolved that our school has a lunchroom.
- resolve into (v.+prep.)
使转变为… change (itself) into (sth else)
resolve into sth
The mixture will resolve into two simple substances.
这种混合物可分解为两种简单物质。resolve sth into sth
We can resolve this difficulty into two areas of misunderstanding.
This chemical substance can be resolved into an acid and oxygen.
这种化学物质可以分解成一种酸和氧。resolve oneself into sth
Any misunderstanding can resolve itself into a quarrel.
The interview resolved itself into a pleasant chat.
- resolve on (v.+prep.)
决定…,决意,决心 decide firmly on; intend (sth or doing sth)
resolve on sth
He seemed to have resolved on amendment.
The director has resolved on a plan to save the firm.
Success is gained by resolving on it.
下决心才能获得成功。resolve on v-ing
He resolved on doing better work in the future.
他决定以后要更努力工作。resolve sb on sth
Don't try to change my mind,I am resolved on it.
- resolve an issue into 把某一问题分成…
- resolve deliberately 从容地解决
- resolve easily 易于分解
- resolve fiercely 强烈地决定
- resolve firmly 下定决心
- resolve imprudently 冒失地决定
- resolve privately 个人的决定
- resolve prudently 慎重地决定
- resolve quickly〔swiftly〕 很快解决
- resolve rationally 合理地决定
- resolve really 真正解决
- resolve ultimately 最后决定
I made a mental resolve never again to appear officially dressed as a V.A.D.出自： V. Brittain
Cleopatra resolved a pearle in vineger drunke it.出自： R. Eden
He was resolved to do it.
We have resolved that our school should have a dining-room.
- resolve, decide, determine, fix, make up one's mind, settle
- 1.decide是普通用词,指经过讨论、思考消除分歧而对是非、优劣、取舍等问题“作出决定”; resolve强调信念的目的性; 而settle则强调最后的“决定”。例如:
- From that moment she resolved to trace the unknown element.从那时起,她决心找出这种未知的元素。
- He resolved that nothing should hold back.他决心不为任何阻碍所挫。
- The heavy rain might settle the changeable weather.这场大雨也许能使变幻不定的天气稳定下来。
- His advice determined me against further delay.他的劝告使我决定不再拖延。
- He is determined to break away all the bad habits.他决心改掉所有坏习惯。
- An X-ray determined that no bones were broken.经X光测定,没有发生骨折。
- Once the aim is fixed, we should not change it arbitrarily.目标一经确定,我们就不要随意改变。
- 4.make up one's mind指下决心做某事,不再改变。例如:
- Have you made up your mind about it?关于这件事,你拿定主意了没有?
- They have made up their minds to set off tomorrow afternoon.他们决定明天下午动身。
- resolve, decipher, solve, unfold, unravel
- 参见solve 条。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的resolvere：re (加强语气性前缀） + solvere （松开），意为松开，解开，安排。