"she was firmly resolved to be a doctor"
"single-minded in his determination to stop smoking"
explained or answered;
"mysteries solved and unsolved; problems resolved and unresolved"
- The union resolved to strike by 36 votes to 15.
- The discussion resolved itself into a pleasant chat.
- She resolved that she would never see him again/never to see him again.
- If the dispute is to be resolved there must be some give and take.
- He resolved on/against (making) an early start.
- He resolved that nothing should hold him back.
- Given sufficient goodwill on both sides, there's no reason why this dispute shouldn't be resolved.